USMB Coffee Shop IV

I prefer to watch my football at Doc's on the BIG screen. We have a pretty good crowd for college football on Saturdays. We have a projector mounted to the ceiling over the bar and a 135" screen that hangs above the stage. With the HD cable, it's like being on the field with your team.

But Hombre won't let me hang a 135" screen in our living room.

We don't have the space for one that size for our livingroom. :)

We have a huge great room so could actually do it, but it would so dominate everything else that I think we would lose a lot of ambiance and functionality of the room.
You can buy a big screen with a remote to raise or lower it.

I know but we can't afford something like that. We invested in a big screen smart TV that allows us all the neat on demand options plus good recording ability and added an inexpensive bluray player and we were good to go. :)
The set you have is big enough for viewing at 20 feet I'd suppose. I got a great deal on the projector and a 135" remote control screen would be around 400 bucks.
I'm thinking that at some point in the future, I might put a 96" remote screen in and mount it in the attic so it will drop into the LR when in use and be out of sight when not needed. Speakers could be mounted in the ceiling as well.

We have a 60 in in great room......think 48-or more in bedroom. I have a 42 or 48 here on my office. I rarely turn it on. Shame on me.

I like angry bird and the saguaro :)

She's kind of in the shadow next to the angry bird, but the witch is a hoot. You can't see the gondola in that shot but it blends in well with the sky so you don't notice it at first. So when she's flying by herself all you see at first is the witch and she does create a lot of double takes until people realize it is a hot air balloon.

But Hombre won't let me hang a 135" screen in our living room.

We don't have the space for one that size for our livingroom. :)

We have a huge great room so could actually do it, but it would so dominate everything else that I think we would lose a lot of ambiance and functionality of the room.
You can buy a big screen with a remote to raise or lower it.

I know but we can't afford something like that. We invested in a big screen smart TV that allows us all the neat on demand options plus good recording ability and added an inexpensive bluray player and we were good to go. :)
The set you have is big enough for viewing at 20 feet I'd suppose. I got a great deal on the projector and a 135" remote control screen would be around 400 bucks.
I'm thinking that at some point in the future, I might put a 96" remote screen in and mount it in the attic so it will drop into the LR when in use and be out of sight when not needed. Speakers could be mounted in the ceiling as well.

Actually you can see it well at far more than 20 feet. My desk in the office has a clear view to the TV and is at least 45 feet away and I can see the picture clear as a bell. The sound doesn't travel too well this far though unless we have a hard of hearing person in the room and the volume is up.Hombre's desk is 5 feet behind mine and he will be doing something on the computer and see's something interesting I have on the TV and comes in for a closer look.

Went out in the back yard last night, it was cool and breezy, looked at the thermometer and it was only down to 70 degrees....... :lol:

Still waiting to hear on my disability ruling, hopefully soon plus the wife has been talking with a HR person about a job in Tempe, AZ that sounds promising. Keeping our fingers crossed. :thup:
70 degrees! Yeah, suffer in silence, Padowan. Good luck with the Tempe job for the Mrs.

Well...things have not gone so smooth here lately. No, I can't use the side yard to fix up as my own. No, I cannot move a lawn chair to the sun. No, MrG cannot fix the gate so I can latch it easier since it gets hung up on the ball instead of the arm it is attached to..so I have to yank the whole gate to the right to make it slide in and the latch only needs to be moved 1/4 of an inch to make it smooth opening and closing. No, I cannot put the lever door handles she told me to bring on the bedroom door although now that it is colder my hands are starting to flare and its hard to use a regular knob. No, there is no room for me to paint furniture IF I found any. No, I cannot store anything in the garage because there is no room. No. No. No. And in her emails, it was yes, yes yes.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why she is doing this? Power trip? Control? I gave her free reign when she lived with us..to do as she wished in the whole front of the house and even my beloved back yard to do her furniture decorations. So I don't understand WHY she would not let MrG move the latch 1/4 of an inch so ALL of us could use the gate instead of pulling on the whole damn fence to make it line up. I am just gobsmacked.

I smoke in my car now. I can't sit where she originally said I could sit because "smoke comes in the house" although I am way in the front yard, side yard or back yard where SHE set up an ashtray for me...but her husband can sit on the lovely patio and vape...which also comes in the house.

I think its a control trip. I also think we will not make it here much longer.

On a lighter note....I did get Moki's ashes back and the vet went above and beyond. He came back to me in a wooden box with a metal name plate with MOKI in script on top, a pressed print of his paw including a stand to put it on and a lovely card from staff. I cried. 3 times. When I picked him up, when I got in the car reading the card, when I brought him home and handed him to MrG. But he is with us again, so that is the only positive thing that has happened in a week. The rest of the time..its no no no no no no no no matter what I ask. So..I don't ask any more.

MrG is at the loan company now to get an idea of a loan we may qualify for. And if we cannot do anything here after he gets the answers...we may head to the inlaws cuz I'd rather spend my time with family than be locked in this bedroom because the house privileges are no longer an option.
Oh, Dear Gracie, how sad for you (and Mr. G) I can only keep hoping that things make an upward turn for you. There must be some silver lining for you all.
I'm glad that Moki came home to you. I have a nice ginger jar with one of my most remarkable fur-fam member's ashes. Ichabod was precious to me in many ways. Most of the others have their own boxes, which are suspended in a fir tree, where they can survey their "world" until I finally cross that rainbow bridge.
So sorry, Gracie. Hold me in mind for future reference...

The old CRT 29" in the bedroom

I used to repair CRT televisions. In fact I was originally trained to repair all valve TV's, and then I learned to repair hybrid CRT's with transistors, and eventually with integrated circuits, and no valves. The cathode ray tube persisted for some years, and was the last remnant of the valve era. But now that too has passed into history, which is just as well because the chances of an engineer getting a fatal shock from 25.000 volts were high. But I never ever learned anything about repairing LCD or LED TV's as they were after my time.

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Imperius,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Eruption at Mount Ararat, Turkey. (This is where some believe Noah's Ark came to rest.)

8480323243_79c94b8479_b-620x620.jpg

Well...things have not gone so smooth here lately. No, I can't use the side yard to fix up as my own. No, I cannot move a lawn chair to the sun. No, MrG cannot fix the gate so I can latch it easier since it gets hung up on the ball instead of the arm it is attached to..so I have to yank the whole gate to the right to make it slide in and the latch only needs to be moved 1/4 of an inch to make it smooth opening and closing. No, I cannot put the lever door handles she told me to bring on the bedroom door although now that it is colder my hands are starting to flare and its hard to use a regular knob. No, there is no room for me to paint furniture IF I found any. No, I cannot store anything in the garage because there is no room. No. No. No. And in her emails, it was yes, yes yes.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why she is doing this? Power trip? Control? I gave her free reign when she lived with us..to do as she wished in the whole front of the house and even my beloved back yard to do her furniture decorations. So I don't understand WHY she would not let MrG move the latch 1/4 of an inch so ALL of us could use the gate instead of pulling on the whole damn fence to make it line up. I am just gobsmacked.

I smoke in my car now. I can't sit where she originally said I could sit because "smoke comes in the house" although I am way in the front yard, side yard or back yard where SHE set up an ashtray for me...but her husband can sit on the lovely patio and vape...which also comes in the house.

On a lighter note....I did get Moki's ashes back and the vet went above and beyond. He came back to me in a wooden box with a metal name plate with MOKI in script on top, a pressed print of his paw including a stand to put it on and a lovely card from staff. I cried. 3 times. When I picked him up, when I got in the car reading the card, when I brought him home and handed him to MrG. But he is with us again, so that is the only positive thing that has happened in a week. The rest of the time..its no no no no no no no no matter what I ask. So..I don't ask any more.

MrG is at the loan company now to get an idea of a loan we may qualify for. And if we cannot do anything here after he gets the answers...we may head to the inlaws cuz I'd rather spend my time with family than be locked in this bedroom because the house privileges are no longer an option.

Just seeing this. Sigh. :( I am so sorry. I had such high hopes for you. I do remember you kinda warned me though. Hang in there. Miss you. :cry:

We watch the TV western show Longmire on Netflix on a 26" TV in the back bedroom.
We also have our computer desks and computers in there too.
Hubby watches a lot of Netflix shows and the TV is hooked up to it.
He justs hits the TV remote control button marked Netflix and there it is. :)

Do you have to pay a monthly fee for Netflix? I am curious if I could get films without paying a fee, as there is a product called Amazon fire stick which you plug into your TV and you can get Netflix, but it does not say if you have to pay a monthly fee to get films.

Yes
We pay 11.99 us dollars a month for commercial free.
It's 7.99 a month with commercials.

Sorry about Moki and your troubles. Hope things start looking up for you.

Good morning all. The Balloon Fiesta is going strong this week. Every morning the western sky is filled with beautiful hot air balloons. The traffic is miserable and you can't get into a restaurant or find a motel room within 50 miles of here, but it's glorious just the same.

balloon-fiesta-albuquerque-37.jpg

I like the rooster one. :lol:

The special shapes during and in addition to the mass ascensions are the highlight of the fiesta--there is one evening devoted to the special shapes. Many are absolutely amazing and you can't imagine how huge they are until you get up close and stand right beside them. Just a small sampling:

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_19.jpg

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_17.jpg

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_14.jpg

ee401b28662058718b1e5afc0c3ef7a9.jpg

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_05.jpg

Have you gone for a ride in one?

Good morning all. The Balloon Fiesta is going strong this week. Every morning the western sky is filled with beautiful hot air balloons. The traffic is miserable and you can't get into a restaurant or find a motel room within 50 miles of here, but it's glorious just the same.

The special shapes during and in addition to the mass ascensions are the highlight of the fiesta--there is one evening devoted to the special shapes. Many are absolutely amazing and you can't imagine how huge they are until you get up close and stand right beside them. Just a small sampling:

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_19.jpg

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_17.jpg

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_14.jpg

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_05.jpg

No, and though I love standing amongst those behemoths as they rise up from the Earth--it is quite an experience--I have never had the urge to ride in one. There are some who do offer balloon rides for a fee though.

And good morning all. I'm waiting for Hombre to get out of the shower and then I'll take mine and make myself all pretty. The area ladies from my highschool class get together for a luncheon in Santa Fe once a year and I'll be headed that way in a hour or two. Most are from the general Santa Fe and Albuquerque areas with one classmate flying in from Oklahoma City each year for the occasion. It is a good time.

I wish they had scheduled it for another week though as the balloon fiesta traffic between Albuquerque and Santa Fe is fierce this time of year.

No, and though I love standing amongst those behemoths as they rise up from the Earth--it is quite an experience--I have never had the urge to ride in one. There are some who do offer balloon rides for a fee though.

I had a chance to ride on one at a fair one time, but I chickened out. :lol:

No way could I go up in one !!!!
I can't even get in a clear elevator and go up to the the second floor of a shopping mall, because I start shaking the minute it starts to move up. :lmao:

No way could I go up in one !!!!
I can't even get in a clear elevator and go up to the the second floor of a shopping mall, because I start shaking the minute it starts to move up. :lmao:
I'm afraid of heights myself, but love roller coasters, bungy jumping and all that stuff. I figure the rides are supposed to scare you and I get way more for my money than most people. I can jump off a platform 200 feet in the air with a rubber band to keep me from splattering all over hell's half acre, but stepping off a ladder and onto the roof of a one story house almost paralyzes me with fear.

Morning, everyone.

2 weeks left to go with Eng Comp and Remedial Algebra. I'm doing better than I anticipated with a 4.0 GPA, but the real gauge will be when I start the big boy classes in January. These refreshers have been great.

Back to my studies I go. I've been having dreams of matrix code comprised of quadratic equations and punctuation marks. So many numbers..........!:coffee:

Forum List

Back