USMB Coffee Shop IV

The special shapes during and in addition to the mass ascensions are the highlight of the fiesta--there is one evening devoted to the special shapes

I once applied for a job at Cameron balloon company in Britain, asking them for a job designing balloons.
I submitted a design shaped like a cloud, but they declined my application.

We prefer our living room with hot coffee or something, popcorn, and house slippers to the crowds and traffic and misbehaving patrons in the stands.
I prefer to watch my football at Doc's on the BIG screen. We have a pretty good crowd for college football on Saturdays. We have a projector mounted to the ceiling over the bar and a 135" screen that hangs above the stage. With the HD cable, it's like being on the field with your team.

But Hombre won't let me hang a 135" screen in our living room.

We don't have the space for one that size for our livingroom. :)

We have a huge great room so could actually do it, but it would so dominate everything else that I think we would lose a lot of ambiance and functionality of the room.
We have a 39", the living room is roughly 14' by 18' and the TV is plenty big enough.

Well we do have a 62" TV because the great room is large enough to accommodate that without it being overwhelming. And at our age, our movies and a few competition events and catching up on the news are our primary entertainment in the evenings--we also enjoy having movie night for our friends and family here--I have quite a movie collection on DVDs and am starting to acquire a few blu rays. We love great movies and anymore that usually means older ones. Almost all the newer ones are all special effects and shock effect--we aren't prudes but there is way too much gratuitous sex and violence and non stop vulgar language for our tastes--and just don't accomplish the character development and great story lines the older movies gave us. I'm sure there are exceptions but I think they are rare.

We prefer our living room with hot coffee or something, popcorn, and house slippers to the crowds and traffic and misbehaving patrons in the stands.
I prefer to watch my football at Doc's on the BIG screen. We have a pretty good crowd for college football on Saturdays. We have a projector mounted to the ceiling over the bar and a 135" screen that hangs above the stage. With the HD cable, it's like being on the field with your team.

We have a huge great room so could actually do it, but it would so dominate everything else that I think we would lose a lot of ambiance and functionality of the room.
We have a 39", the living room is roughly 14' by 18' and the TV is plenty big enough.

Hell, I'm considering buying a 40"+ TV for my bedroom with birthday money. :p

I upgraded a couple of weeks ago... I was watching the neighbors tv through mine and their windows...

upload_2016-10-5_14-23-57.png

We have a 24" in the exercise room. Currently it isn't even hooked up. We have an "old" CRT TV that I want to get rid of, the wife for some strange reason want's to keep it. :dunno:
I've been here on my laptop off and on since I woke up about 5 hours ago, I haven't even turned the TV on. Got rid of half of my DVD collection and the other half is currently boxed up and it's still a large collection, mostly I watch movies and have watch some TV series (Vikings) online for free.

We have a 24" in the exercise room. Currently it isn't even hooked up. We have an "old" CRT TV that I want to get rid of, the wife for some strange reason want's to keep it. :dunno:
I've been here on my laptop off and on since I woke up about 5 hours ago, I haven't even turned the TV on. Got rid of half of my DVD collection and the other half is currently boxed up and it's still a large collection, mostly I watch movies and have watch some TV series (Vikings) online for free.

My problem is that unless I am watching TV or a movie with other people--people other than Hombre anyway--it is hard for me to just sit still and watch. So I am going to be doing something else--needlepoint or crocheting or folding laundry or I am on the laptop playing a game that doesn't require a lot of concentration or just surfing or whatever. I multi-task easily. And then I give the TV full attention if they're showing something I really want to watch; otherwise I am mostly just listening.

Britain changed from analogue to digital TV a few years ago and old TV's need an add on digital box to work. So do video recorders. I have a 32 inch 3D LCD TV and a 19 inch LED. I have stopped watching the 3D TV as it is not as good a picture as the 19 inch. The 3D effect has ghosting which I do not like, and you have to wear 3D glasses over the top of your normal glasses.

We watch the TV western show Longmire on Netflix on a 26" TV in the back bedroom.
We also have our computer desks and computers in there too.
Hubby watches a lot of Netflix shows and the TV is hooked up to it.
He justs hits the TV remote control button marked Netflix and there it is. :)

We watch the TV western show Longmire on Netflix on a 26" TV in the back bedroom.

Do you have to pay a monthly fee for Netflix? I am curious if I could get films without paying a fee, as there is a product called Amazon fire stick which you plug into your TV and you can get Netflix, but it does not say if you have to pay a monthly fee to get films.

I've currently got a CRT in my room, it's probably a 32". The little one is the only one that really watches things on it. I've used it for playing PS3 games, but haven't played any lately.

With a bigger, better TV I might be inclined to watch movies on it, and I could hook my PC to it and play shows and movies on a bigger screen than my 22" monitor.

Plus I would like to have a better TV than this old, heavy CRT whenever I move out. :D

My problem is that unless I am watching TV or a movie with other people--people other than Hombre anyway--it is hard for me to just sit still and watch. So I am going to be doing something else--needlepoint or crocheting or folding laundry or I am on the laptop playing a game that doesn't require a lot of concentration or just surfing or whatever. I multi-task easily. And then I give the TV full attention if they're showing something I really want to watch; otherwise I am mostly just listening.
That's the wife, mostly the TV is "background noise" just like in the car, she has to have a music CD playing, I can drive for hours in silence, the only time I like background noise is when I'm sleeping.

Well...things have not gone so smooth here lately. No, I can't use the side yard to fix up as my own. No, I cannot move a lawn chair to the sun. No, MrG cannot fix the gate so I can latch it easier since it gets hung up on the ball instead of the arm it is attached to..so I have to yank the whole gate to the right to make it slide in and the latch only needs to be moved 1/4 of an inch to make it smooth opening and closing. No, I cannot put the lever door handles she told me to bring on the bedroom door although now that it is colder my hands are starting to flare and its hard to use a regular knob. No, there is no room for me to paint furniture IF I found any. No, I cannot store anything in the garage because there is no room. No. No. No. And in her emails, it was yes, yes yes.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why she is doing this? Power trip? Control? I gave her free reign when she lived with us..to do as she wished in the whole front of the house and even my beloved back yard to do her furniture decorations. So I don't understand WHY she would not let MrG move the latch 1/4 of an inch so ALL of us could use the gate instead of pulling on the whole damn fence to make it line up. I am just gobsmacked.

I smoke in my car now. I can't sit where she originally said I could sit because "smoke comes in the house" although I am way in the front yard, side yard or back yard where SHE set up an ashtray for me...but her husband can sit on the lovely patio and vape...which also comes in the house.

I think its a control trip. I also think we will not make it here much longer.

On a lighter note....I did get Moki's ashes back and the vet went above and beyond. He came back to me in a wooden box with a metal name plate with MOKI in script on top, a pressed print of his paw including a stand to put it on and a lovely card from staff. I cried. 3 times. When I picked him up, when I got in the car reading the card, when I brought him home and handed him to MrG. But he is with us again, so that is the only positive thing that has happened in a week. The rest of the time..its no no no no no no no no matter what I ask. So..I don't ask any more.

MrG is at the loan company now to get an idea of a loan we may qualify for. And if we cannot do anything here after he gets the answers...we may head to the inlaws cuz I'd rather spend my time with family than be locked in this bedroom because the house privileges are no longer an option.

Do you have to pay a monthly fee for Netflix? I am curious if I could get films without paying a fee, as there is a product called Amazon fire stick which you plug into your TV and you can get Netflix, but it does not say if you have to pay a monthly fee to get films.
Netflix is $8 a month in the US, It's £7.49 a month in the UK.

I miss birds. She said there were many here. I have seen a scant few. So I asked if I could put a bird feeder in the front yard.

No.

Well...things have not gone so smooth here lately. No, I can't use the side yard to fix up as my own. No, I cannot move a lawn chair to the sun. No, MrG cannot fix the gate so I can latch it easier since it gets hung up on the ball instead of the arm it is attached to..so I have to yank the whole gate to the right to make it slide in and the latch only needs to be moved 1/4 of an inch to make it smooth opening and closing. No, I cannot put the lever door handles she told me to bring on the bedroom door although now that it is colder my hands are starting to flare and its hard to use a regular knob. No, there is no room for me to paint furniture IF I found any. No, I cannot store anything in the garage because there is no room. No. No. No. And in her emails, it was yes, yes yes.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why she is doing this? Power trip? Control? I gave her free reign when she lived with us..to do as she wished in the whole front of the house and even my beloved back yard to do her furniture decorations. So I don't understand WHY she would not let MrG move the latch 1/4 of an inch so ALL of us could use the gate instead of pulling on the whole damn fence to make it line up. I am just gobsmacked.

I smoke in my car now. I can't sit where she originally said I could sit because "smoke comes in the house" although I am way in the front yard, side yard or back yard where SHE set up an ashtray for me...but her husband can sit on the lovely patio and vape...which also comes in the house.

On a lighter note....I did get Moki's ashes back and the vet went above and beyond. He came back to me in a wooden box with a metal name plate with MOKI in script on top, a pressed print of his paw including a stand to put it on and a lovely card from staff. I cried. 3 times. When I picked him up, when I got in the car reading the card, when I brought him home and handed him to MrG. But he is with us again, so that is the only positive thing that has happened in a week. The rest of the time..its no no no no no no no no matter what I ask. So..I don't ask any more.

MrG is at the loan company now to get an idea of a loan we may qualify for. And if we cannot do anything here after he gets the answers...we may head to the inlaws cuz I'd rather spend my time with family than be locked in this bedroom because the house privileges are no longer an option.
Hoping and praying things get better for you and sorry for your loss.

I've currently got a CRT in my room, it's probably a 32". The little one is the only one that really watches things on it. I've used it for playing PS3 games, but haven't played any lately.

With a bigger, better TV I might be inclined to watch movies on it, and I could hook my PC to it and play shows and movies on a bigger screen than my 22" monitor.

Plus I would like to have a better TV than this old, heavy CRT whenever I move out. :D
You can have our large old CRT but you'll have to hire the crane and crane operator to move it.........

I would find that intolerable too Gracie. I hope you find a reasonable solution soon.

Declined some free Viking tickets for tonite, stadium is just too hard to get to and exit to bother.

You can buy a big screen with a remote to raise or lower it.

You can buy a big screen with a remote to raise or lower it.

I know but we can't afford something like that. We invested in a big screen smart TV that allows us all the neat on demand options plus good recording ability and added an inexpensive bluray player and we were good to go. :) (I would like to have a good surround sound speaker system but we can't afford that eiher.)

Last edited:

I have a 46" in the living room. The old CRT 29" in the bedroom needs replacement soon and I may end up with a new 60" or bigger for the living room and moving the 46 to the master bedroom.

Forum List

Back