USMB Coffee Shop IV

Got back from town and every thing checked out fine at the Docs.
I found a great new lamp for the back bedroom, the old one was starting to fall apart. :)

Hubby thought he would make a funny and said to me;
Too bad that we wasn't going to Georgia because I would have been a true Georgia Peach for a week or two.
I groaned and said- man that was bad, you're gonna have to do better than that.
So he says Ok: While the messageboard gets the Peach, he gets the Pit! :lmao:
It's one of many things I love about him, is his great sense of sadistic humor. :laugh:

We'll have him checked for cyanide...

That's why he takes charcoal tablets twice a day, to get the toxins lower. :)

Good evening guys!

I had some bloodwork done the other day and was diagnosed with high cholesterol again. I've been put on a strict diet. This knight will need to see the smith for slimmer armor soon because I'm bound to lose weight because of this. Keep me in your prayers, Welp I'm out for the evening. And as always, remember to

tumblr_mp94bxdT0j1qzl05no1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Good evening guys!

I had some bloodwork done the other day and was diagnosed with high cholesterol again. I've been put on a strict diet. This knight will need to see the smith for slimmer armor soon because I'm bound to lose weight because of this. Keep me in your prayers, Welp I'm out for the evening. And as always, remember to

tumblr_mp94bxdT0j1qzl05no1_500.jpg

Imperius, get yourself some chia seed and add it to your cereal or salad or whatever. It does wonders to bring cholesterol down to normal.

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Imperius,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Kawachi Fuji Wisteria Tunnel

Wisteria-Tunnel-620x348.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well

Good night ! But I have only just got up.

Well good morning to you Dajjal and I hope you have a great day. I am headed for bed now.

I went back to bed and got up again later. The highlight of my day so far is I watched a western called ' the spike gang' with Lee Marvin and Ron Howard. It was quite absorbing and unlike most films I had never see it.

Well good morning to you Dajjal and I hope you have a great day. I am headed for bed now.

I went back to bed and got up again later. The highlight of my day so far is I watched a western called ' the spike gang' with Lee Marvin and Ron Howard. It was quite absorbing and unlike most films I had never see it.

Good afternoon err... I mean early evening! :)
I liked that movie too.

Last edited:

Good afternoon! :)
I liked that movie too.

Hi ! It brought a tear to my eye, and it's not easy to do that.

My favorite westerns are The Tall Men and Cat Ballou (dispite the fact that I don't like Jane Fonda). :biggrin:
Loved her dad's acting though. :)

I was driving through Midland, Pennsylvania this morning. Midland is a shadow of itself. When I recall Midlad in the 1960s and 1970s, I recall a booming steel town. There was a steel mill there that once made 30% of the stainless steel used in the Free World. Midland was a busy town with taverns on every block. And those taverns were open 24 hours a day.

Why all hours? Because the mill ran 24 hours a day. Three shifts: 3:00 to 11:00, 11:00 to 7:00 and 7:00 to 3:00. Thirsty steel workers might have their end of the day at 7:00 am. So they frequented the bars.

Bars where the bottles of ginger brandy and schnapps were replaced more frequently than bottles of single malt scotch. Bars where celebrations were toasted with a shot of Crown Royal or Jack Daniels. Bars where there was a constant supply of Iron City, Rolling Rock, Miller High Life and Duquesne beer.

They were dim little smoke filled places with a neon Budweiser sign providing most of the interior light. In every bar there was a shrine to the Steelers. Photos of Jack Lambert, Terry Bradshaw and Coach Chuck Noll were arraigned behind the bar, flanked by a Steelers schedule and a picture of Three Rivers stadium.

At the end of every bar were stools reserved for the regulars. You dare not sit there unless it was the middle of one of the shifts and the place was being swept out and disinfected. The men's room during that time was mopped out and a gallon of bleach was splashed around to remove the odor of stale beer, Marlboro smoke and urine.

On a Friday night these bars were packed. The regulars held court at the end of the bar, offering solutions to every problem. Someone would tell a joke and they would all lean in to hear the most salacious details. At the punchline, a roar of laughter and snorts and farts would be released.

The juke box played an eclectic mixture of Willie Nelson, Led Zepplin and Frankie Valle and the Four Seasons. They were 'Hunky' bars. Don't misunderstand. The patrons were not 'hunks' in the frame of attractive men. They were the children of Eastern European immigrants. Men from Poland and Yougoslavia and Hungary. We affectionately call them 'Hunkys'. They are the salt of the earth. Honest, hard working, no nonsense guys who earned a paycheck and provided for their families. Proud, simple guys who love America, the Steelers, their families and God not in any decernable order.

But today the mill is gone, packed up and shipped off to Asia and Latin America. When they tore down the blast furnaces and the Coke plant and the foundry, they tore down that colorful, fun loving and vibrant worker's culture. I miss it a lot.

Last edited:
I was driving through Midland, Pennsylvania this morning. Midland is a shadow of itself. When I recall Midlad in the 1960s and 1970s, I recall a booming steel town. There was a steel mill there that once made 30% of the stainless steel used in the Free World. Midland was a busy town with taverns on every block. And those taverns were open 24 hours a day.

Why all hours? Because the mill ran 24 hours a day. Three shifts: 3:00 to 11:00, 11:00 to 7:00 and 7:00 to 3:00. Thirsty steel workers might have their end of the day at 7:00 am. So they frequented the bars.

Bars where the bottles of ginger brandy and schnapps were replaced more frequently than bottles of single malt scotch. Bars where celebrations were toasted with a shot of Crown Royal or Jack Daniels. Bars where there was a constant supply of Iron City, Rolling Rock, Miller High Life and Duquesne beer.

They were dim little smoke filled places with a neon Budweiser sign providing most of the interior light. In every bar there was a shrine to the Steelers. Photos of Jack Lambert, Terry Bradshaw and Coach Chuck Noll were arraigned behind the bar, flanked by a Steelers schedule and a picture of Three Rivers stadium.

At the end of every bar we're stools reserved for the regulars. You dare not sit there unless it was the middle of one of the shifts and the place was being swept out and disinfected. The men's room during that time was mopped out and a gallon of bleach was splashed around to remove the odor of stale beer, Marlboro smoke and urine.

On a Friday night these bars were packed. The regulars held court at the end of the bar, offering solutions to every problem. Someone would tell a joke and they would all lean in to hear the most salacious details. At the punchline, a roar of laughter and snorts and farts would be released.

The juke box played an eclectic mixture of Willie Nelson, Led Zepplin and Frankie Valle and the Four Seasons. They were 'Hunky' bars. Don't misunderstand. The patrons were not 'hunks' in the frame of attractive men. They were the children of Eastern European immigrants. Men from Poland and Yougoslavia and Hungary. We affectionately call them 'Hunkys'. They are the salt of the earth. Honest, hard working, no nonsense guys who earned a paycheck and provided for their families. Proud, simple guys who love America, the Steelers, their families and God not in any decernable order.

But today the mill is gone, packed up and shipped off to Asia and Latin America. When they tore down the blast furnaces and the Coke plant and the foundry, they tore down that colorful, fun loving and vibrant worker's culture. I miss it a lot.

So do I, my friend
Cheer up, there are still many areas similar like that, in the Midwest and rural areas, throughout our land.
But yes the manufacturing is almost nil.

Declined some free Viking tickets for tonite, stadium is just too hard to get to and exit to bother.

We prefer our living room with hot coffee or something, popcorn, and house slippers to the crowds and traffic and misbehaving patrons in the stands.
I prefer to watch my football at Doc's on the BIG screen. We have a pretty good crowd for college football on Saturdays. We have a projector mounted to the ceiling over the bar and a 135" screen that hangs above the stage. With the HD cable, it's like being on the field with your team.

Declined some free Viking tickets for tonite, stadium is just too hard to get to and exit to bother.

We prefer our living room with hot coffee or something, popcorn, and house slippers to the crowds and traffic and misbehaving patrons in the stands.
I prefer to watch my football at Doc's on the BIG screen. We have a pretty good crowd for college football on Saturdays. We have a projector mounted to the ceiling over the bar and a 135" screen that hangs above the stage. With the HD cable, it's like being on the field with your team.

I would love to play computer games like Doom on that screen.

Clarification - Hubby was the one who thought we were going to Georgia, instead of Alabama. :lmao:

I asked if he wanted to fly to Foley and explained why, but never said Alabama.
Maybe he was thinking of Foley field,GA. :)

Last edited:

I would love to play computer games like Doom on that screen.

So would hubby.

Forum List

Back