USMB Coffee Shop IV

Can't have ocean? Mountains and winter snow will suffice! Found a lot of small cabins and some manufactured homes as well, but its too hard to get a loan on a manufactured. Which is why we need an owner carry. That, not so easy to find. Plus we have to factor in space rent, the payment on the home, and utilities.

But..I'll keep huntin'!

I don't know if it would interest you or be a viable option, but apparently there is a university that has a program where they attempt to come up with a very low cost home, based on materials used and building techniques. It's called the 20k project, they are trying to build homes for a town in Alabama.

20K Home Product Line

Just something to look at, I believe there are other similar projects if you can find them. :dunno:

Happy International Coffee Day, fellow coffee shoppers. :biggrin:
International Coffee Day
Drinking some Brazilian free trade right now after a Costa Rican Terrazu. I'll be brewing some La Llave Cuban once I get to Doc's.

I hope you are starting to eat better also !
You need to put more weight on your skinny bones.
Signed
Your Angel
I am, actually... I've put on a few pounds in the last few days. Trying my best to eat 3 meals a day, a rarity for me. I simply don't get hungry, so I can forget to eat until my blood sugar bottoms out and I realize that I need some fuel. My partners and staff have learned to recognize the vacant stare just before I pass out and will rush to get me an OJ and remind me to eat once I'm back among the cognizant.

I think it takes a brave human or those with a death wish to cross that bridge. And given the squeamishness of strange terrain among cattle I have known, I can't image them walking so calmly across that. Wherever that is, those cattle must be a different breed indeed.

Any Bovines I have ever been around would absolutely not cross a bridge of that nature. Of coarse cattle are followers and all you have to do is get one to lead and most of the rest will follow. Train one and you have them all in most cases... My problem I see is the floor of the bridge... If it is just slats with spacing that is amazing... I have seen to many cattle guards work...

View attachment 91867

That was my thought too. Cattle guards are very effective in keeping cattle inside the pasture. So maybe that bridge has a solid floor instead of the slats? But still I thought that amazing. Even the brave young bull or whatever smart enough to figure out the cattle guard or jump it--and that has happened--didn't entice others to follow.

International Coffee Day
Drinking some Brazilian free trade right now after a Costa Rican Terrazu. I'll be brewing some La Llave Cuban once I get to Doc's.

Signed
Your Angel
I am, actually... I've put on a few pounds in the last few days. Trying my best to eat 3 meals a day, a rarity for me. I simply don't get hungry, so I can forget to eat until my blood sugar bottoms out and I realize that I need some fuel. My partners and staff have learned to recognize the vacant stare just before I pass out and will rush to get me an OJ and remind me to eat once I'm back among the cognizant.

And eating sufficiently and properly will make you feel sooooo much better. Wish I could send you some of my leftover fried chicken and potato salad which are excellent if I can brag on myself a bit. :)

Can't have ocean? Mountains and winter snow will suffice! Found a lot of small cabins and some manufactured homes as well, but its too hard to get a loan on a manufactured. Which is why we need an owner carry. That, not so easy to find. Plus we have to factor in space rent, the payment on the home, and utilities.

But..I'll keep huntin'!

I don't know if it would interest you or be a viable option, but apparently there is a university that has a program where they attempt to come up with a very low cost home, based on materials used and building techniques. It's called the 20k project, they are trying to build homes for a town in Alabama.

20K Home Product Line

Just something to look at, I believe there are other similar projects if you can find them. :dunno:

Great info Montro, and that made me think also of Habitat for Humanity that I have had a love/hate relationship with these last few years. They are both a building organization and their own mortgage company. They will build you a home but those with a steady income must be able to pay a reasonable mortgage payment--this will be tailored to a family's means--but they can and will waive a down payment, etc. Might be worth checking it out.

International Coffee Day

Signed
Your Angel

Very good to hear !! :biggrin:

After all....... you would not want to face your Angel/Wildthing (my husband's nickname for me) :) Going out full commando, which would have meant both of us taking the 1st flight out of Tucson to your bar and renting a place in town with a kitchenette and sending home cooked meals to the bar 3 times a day. :smiliehug:

I think you and hubby would get along really well.
You both are bikers, you both like long beards, as well as 45 pistols and toys that go boom. :lmao:

13501778_1195855420447948_1327867553227862638_n.jpg

Morning all !

I have a regular doc appointment this morning so it's a trip to town and a few things we need at Wally world. :).

Last edited:
Good morning all. The Balloon Fiesta is going strong this week. Every morning the western sky is filled with beautiful hot air balloons. The traffic is miserable and you can't get into a restaurant or find a motel room within 50 miles of here, but it's glorious just the same.

balloon-fiesta-albuquerque-37.jpg

Got back from town and every thing checked out fine at the Docs.
I found a great new lamp for the back bedroom, the old one was starting to fall apart. :)

Hubby thought he would make a funny and said to me;
Too bad that we wasn't going to Georgia because I would have been a true Georgia Peach for a week or two.
I groaned and said- man that was bad, you're gonna have to do better than that.
So he says Ok: While the messageboard gets the Peach, he gets the Pit! :lmao:
It's one of many things I love about him, is his great sense of sadistic humor. :laugh:

Good morning all. The Balloon Fiesta is going strong this week. Every morning the western sky is filled with beautiful hot air balloons. The traffic is miserable and you can't get into a restaurant or find a motel room within 50 miles of here, but it's glorious just the same.

balloon-fiesta-albuquerque-37.jpg

Brings lots of money to the city. :)

Got back from town and every thing checked out fine at the Docs.
I found a great new lamp for the back bedroom, the old one was starting to fall apart. :)

Hubby thought he would make a funny and said to me;
Too bad that we wasn't going to Georgia because I would have been a true Georgia Peach for a week or two.
I groaned and said- man that was bad, you're gonna have to do better than that.
So he says Ok: While the messageboard gets the Peach, he gets the Pit! :lmao:
It's one of many things I love about him, is his great sense of sadistic humor. :laugh:

We'll have him checked for cyanide...

Forum List

Back