USMB Coffee Shop IV

All of a sudden it's Fall! We'd been having the same Summer temperatures, then last night it got down to the 50s, and here it is almost 1:00 PM and it's only 71 outside. Yay! :eusa_dance:
It has cooled down considerably here too.
I was commenting the other day that I like this time of year because it's cool enough to sit out in the gazebo, but not so cold I have to wear clothes.
It was a might chilly this morning. Pants were necessary.

Wow A month and 726 posts since I've stopped by. I've really spent very little time at USMB for quite a while and it occurred to me that I miss the coffee shop. Let's see... I'm single and will be making a rather large payment to the ex in the next few days after thaqt, she has up to 30 days to pack up and leave for good. She is currently in South Florida.

It feels good to be free from her eh?
I also( like Foxfyre) don't like the sound of a large payment to her either. Big bummer !
We all hope you are doing well after everything has come to a close.
Divorce is never a very pleasant thing to have to go through.
Large payment is kind of relative. Her suit contained a demand of the house, the bar and $1,200/month alimony.
What she ended up with is her dishes, the dining room table, her clothes and what amounts to 25% of the equity in the house.

Sorry about the rib--that happens to me now and then--not a break but a strained rib that hurts like hell for several days. But all in all it sounds like you came out the winner on the deal. Hombre and I thought once about getting a divorce and he would pay me a nice alimony check every month. Then we could remarry and the extra money coming in would really help us out. . .
:)

Seriously though, do get off the ciggies. I have watched two people die now from complications of COPD--both smoked way too long into the process--and it was not the way anybody would choose to spend their last years on Earth.
I've managed to stay off the things twice now for 3 and 4 months. I have seen my lung capacity increase dramatically both times to the point where I can actually jog a bit and never get winded during normal activities. I expect much the same results once I actually put them down for good.

Well I'm not one much to preach, but my uncle that we lost last week thought the same thing--he would quit when he got around to it. But he waited too long and then when he did quit he didn't get those great results. It did allow him to live longer but only by being on oxygen a lot of the time--ALL of the time this past year--and taking awful lung treatments once or twice a day. So get it together and quit my friend. We want you around for a long time.

Wow A month and 726 posts since I've stopped by. I've really spent very little time at USMB for quite a while and it occurred to me that I miss the coffee shop. Let's see... I'm single and will be making a rather large payment to the ex in the next few days after thaqt, she has up to 30 days to pack up and leave for good. She is currently in South Florida.

I also( like Foxfyre) don't like the sound of a large payment to her either. Big bummer !
Large payment is kind of relative. Her suit contained a demand of the house, the bar and $1,200/month alimony.
What she ended up with is her dishes, the dining room table, her clothes and what amounts to 25% of the equity in the house.

Sorry about the rib--that happens to me now and then--not a break but a strained rib that hurts like hell for several days. But all in all it sounds like you came out the winner on the deal. Hombre and I thought once about getting a divorce and he would pay me a nice alimony check every month. Then we could remarry and the extra money coming in would really help us out. . .

Seriously though, do get off the ciggies. I have watched two people die now from complications of COPD--both smoked way too long into the process--and it was not the way anybody would choose to spend their last years on Earth.
I've managed to stay off the things twice now for 3 and 4 months. I have seen my lung capacity increase dramatically both times to the point where I can actually jog a bit and never get winded during normal activities. I expect much the same results once I actually put them down for good.

Well I'm not one much to preach, but my uncle that we lost last week thought the same thing--he would quit when he got around to it. But he waited too long and then when he did quit he didn't get those great results. It did allow him to live longer but only by being on oxygen a lot of the time--ALL of the time this past year--and taking awful lung treatments once or twice a day. So get it together and quit my friend. We want you around for a long time.

My Aunt was the same, except she continued to smoke even while on oxygen.
She is now in a nursing home, not smoking now but suffering very badly for the last two years. They say she maybe has only a year and a half at most. :)
She's only in her middle seventies now,got sick with infacema in her late 60's, but never stopped smoking till she was forced to quit.

It has cooled down considerably here too.
I was commenting the other day that I like this time of year because it's cool enough to sit out in the gazebo, but not so cold I have to wear clothes.
It was a might chilly this morning. Pants were necessary.

Not just the Speedos huh?

...and you wonder why I don't visit...

Mother-in-law refusing to go to the hospital for pneumonia. A doctor was suppose to go to her apartment today and give her options. I am guessing Hospice wins.

Mother-in-law refusing to go to the hospital for pneumonia. A doctor was suppose to go to her apartment today and give her options. I am guessing Hospice wins.

:( My uncle was much the same though. He might have weathered this last set back but he really didn't want to and begged us not to put him back in the hospital. With no quality of life left for him he really wanted to end it. And thanks to Hospice--what a blessing it was--he was able to die peacefully at home in his own bed.

I'm making one of hubbies favorite meals tonight, baked seasoned pork ribs, homemade seasoned beans and macaroni salad.
I hope that the monsoon storm blowing in right now, doesn't cut out our electricity while the ribs need to cook for 2hours. :)

Last edited:
I'm making one of hubbies favorite meals tonight, baked seasoned pork ribs, homemade seasoned beans and macaroni salad.
I hope that the monsoon storm blowing in right now, doesn't cut out our electricity while the ribs need to cook for 2hours. :)

We've been getting your rain the second day. So don't use it all up. Those ribs sound delicious though. At our house hubby wanted chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and cream gravy. Easy and doesn't take two hours. :)

I suppose the fact that you are now single warrants congratulations?
It does, though the depletion of my net worth does not.
I would prefer a one-time-good-deal payment preferable to years of monthly demands and ongoing contact. If she's paid off, good riddance. Now she can take her booty and drag her carcass wherever she wants to, never (presumably) to darken your door again.

Speaking of dragging booty ( ;) )......

It is slowly cooling off now. Lower 90's even! Lucky me!

I am eager for fall.

Meanwhile..we are trying to find a cheap manufactured home in a 55+ age park where you buy the lot as well (no space rent), but so far...we don't make enough for a loan and most want 20% down..which we no longer have due to the cost of moving here. So...unless we find someone willing to carry the note and will take less than 20% down...looks like we will not be able to do much of anything.

On the other hand....I heard from one of the senior apartments back home. She called to say "hang in there the best you can. It looks like a 6 month to 1 year wait", which is better than the other place which said 3 years AT LEAST.

If we could buy here...we would...even with the heat. My mind hates it..but my body LOVES it. No flareups, no joint pain. Too damn hot! So that is where things stand now.

Speaking of dragging booty ( ;) )......

It is slowly cooling off now. Lower 90's even! Lucky me!

I am eager for fall.

Meanwhile..we are trying to find a cheap manufactured home in a 55+ age park where you buy the lot as well (no space rent), but so far...we don't make enough for a loan and most want 20% down..which we no longer have due to the cost of moving here. So...unless we find someone willing to carry the note and will take less than 20% down...looks like we will not be able to do much of anything.

On the other hand....I heard from one of the senior apartments back home. She called to say "hang in there the best you can. It looks like a 6 month to 1 year wait", which is better than the other place which said 3 years AT LEAST.

If we could buy here...we would...even with the heat. My mind hates it..but my body LOVES it. No flareups, no joint pain. Too damn hot! So that is where things stand now.

Miserably hot or hurting. Not too attractive a choice huh. But I agree with the apartment lady. . .hang in there. Doors close but there's always a window open somewhere.

I am up at five am again. I have been awake since 4.30 am and decided it was time to get up and have a cup of tea. Usually, when I wake up early,I stay up for a couple of hours then go back to bed till around mid day.
Its not like I have to get up for work, so it does not matter that I sometimes can't sleep in the middle of the night.

I have never really smoked, so I don't know how hard it is to get off the fags, but it sounds like stopping them is a very good idea in your case. You do not want to go on smoking until you are forced to give up because of illness.

MrG is hitting yard sales tomorrow, so we are hoping he finds some good scores. We want to try to replace all that money we had to use just to move so when and if we get to go "home"....we can.

05197603c7bf8b2c172ef5547d44f3b0.jpg

Forum List

Back