USMB Coffee Shop IV

We are prepared for it. meanwhile, he is getting lots of loving...and just about anything he wants to eat, lol. Vet said why not? Let him chow down..just make sure he gets lots of pumpkin and add the miralax so it can come out easy but otherwise..spoil him rotten. So that is the plan. The day of..I am going to treat him with barbque ribs. He loves to munch the meat off as I hold each side of the bone since I refuse to let him gnaw on that. But the meat? He is full of bliss he loves it so much, lol.
He goes to Gracie and Pretties...and we will miss him very much but we still have a week or two left. Maybe a tad longer. It all depends on how well he takes the runs we plan to make him have before it clogs up completely.
Heart to you, Gracie! After having lost my two most senior citizens, I am looking at deciding what to do with my "stroked out" kitty. Three deaths in two months...I can so sympathize with Moki's dilemma.

We are prepared for it. meanwhile, he is getting lots of loving...and just about anything he wants to eat, lol. Vet said why not? Let him chow down..just make sure he gets lots of pumpkin and add the miralax so it can come out easy but otherwise..spoil him rotten. So that is the plan. The day of..I am going to treat him with barbque ribs. He loves to munch the meat off as I hold each side of the bone since I refuse to let him gnaw on that. But the meat? He is full of bliss he loves it so much, lol.
He goes to Gracie and Pretties...and we will miss him very much but we still have a week or two left. Maybe a tad longer. It all depends on how well he takes the runs we plan to make him have before it clogs up completely.
Heart to you, Gracie! After having lost my two most senior citizens, I am looking at deciding what to do with my "stroked out" kitty. Three deaths in two months...I can so sympathize with Moki's dilemma.

Tough duty.

So do I. I also haz a sad cuz I hate it here. I am tired of pretending to myself.
No water. no lakes. no rivers. just a shitload of wind all the time...and no place to escape it. Front of the house....35 mile an hour wind. Back of the house. Same. Sides of the house, same. There is no relief. Dry skin. dry eyes. dry brittle hair now. even the dogs hate going out there. And hot wind, too. How the hell do people live in the fucking desert and not kill themselves? This sucks. And us crammed in this tiny bedroom isn't helping.
I want to leave so fucking bad.

:( Oh no. I thought were loving it.

I have been up since 6:00am, and tossed and turned all night. Moki has had a turn for the worst. I wait for the vets office to open at 8am...then we take him down there to send off to Rainbow Bridge.

So do I. I also haz a sad cuz I hate it here. I am tired of pretending to myself.
No water. no lakes. no rivers. just a shitload of wind all the time...and no place to escape it. Front of the house....35 mile an hour wind. Back of the house. Same. Sides of the house, same. There is no relief. Dry skin. dry eyes. dry brittle hair now. even the dogs hate going out there. And hot wind, too. How the hell do people live in the fucking desert and not kill themselves? This sucks. And us crammed in this tiny bedroom isn't helping.
I have no idea where you ended up but when the wife and I first came down to El Paso our view of living in the desert was less than positive to put it mildly, now we love the desert. Oh sure there are times we miss woods, forests, beaches and the huge Colorado mountains but we've acclimated. We make fun of the wind and the occasional dust storm, the liquid asphalt during the height of the summer heat and now we complain about 70 degrees being "cool" and 60 degrees being cold......... :lol:

I have no idea where you ended up but when the wife and I first came down to El Paso our view of living in the desert was less than positive to put it mildly, now we love the desert. Oh sure there are times we miss woods, forests, beaches and the huge Colorado mountains but we've acclimated. We make fun of the wind and the occasional dust storm, the liquid asphalt during the height of the summer heat and now we complain about 70 degrees being "cool" and 60 degrees being cold......... :lol:

That's the way it is with us and the high desert here. Sometimes when I need a serious attitude adjustment I just drive out of the city and go to a secluded space where there are no people, buildings, or anything other than God's nature around. I get out of the car and just be there for awhile. It is an almost spiritual experience. Clears the mind and the soul and takes me to a better place. And then I return to reality but it is somehow more manageable.

Something like 2 months later, the school I had problems with is still causing me more problems.

I've been waiting for the financial aid office at this new school to process my paperwork for a while. Well, tomorrow is the day that fees need to be paid for the short term I'm trying to do. My classes are registered, I turned in all the paperwork the financial aid office asked for, I was told my financial aid should be ready by this term, but hadn't heard anything definite yet. I spent more than 3 hours on hold yesterday without talking to anyone. I got back on the phone today, was on hold for maybe half an hour, and yay! A person answered. A little information, back on hold. They get back on for a minute, back on hold. Someone new comes on and tells me there is a discrepancy between the paperwork I've given them and my FAFSA. My FAFSA is listing income that I didn't list in other paperwork to them. I'm told just what the number is, and it sound to me like the number my employer gave the last school when they asked how much she spends on my room and board per year. I mentioned it, but the woman told me that someone else was out of the office who would be looking at my stuff, and they would give me a call back after she returned.

That was about an hour ago. After thinking about it and checking a little, I'm about 95% sure that what happened is the financial aid office of the school I had the problem with changed my FAFSA to show the money my employer said she pays on me per year. I looked and apparently yes, school financial aid offices will make changes to your FAFSA. I somewhat recall getting an email about an update to my FAFSA, and I do remember that after I gave up on the problem school I had wanted to change the schools listed on my FAFSA but was unable to make any changes for a few days, I think because that school had recently done so.

So, if I am correct, the school that I spent all that time and effort and some money on, which turned out to have been a waste, is still finding a way to waste my time and effort. :mad:

Hopefully the financial aid office from this new school will call me back soon and either they will have figured things out satisfactorily or I can explain what I believe happened and they can square things away so I can pay for the term and get ready to start classes in a week and a half.

So here it is Autumn in near full glory. In two weeks, the zenith of Fall color will be on display. Autumn is my second favorite season behind Spring. Our hardwood forests are so diverse the colors of the oaks contrast brilliantly against the hickory, the ash, the locust and the wild cherry. Hemlocks and stately red pines are evergreens and put the showy poplars and sugar maples in perspective.

Pumpkins and gourds and Indian corn and hardy mums decorate front porches. In homes with the young and the young at heart have Halloween decorations that seem to get more elaborate every year. Halloween rivals Christmas for flashy home decor.

There's a welcome crisp snap in the air that does not make us yearn for the haze and humidity of the Dog Days of August. The calendar is accelerating wildly now. Once we get into the months that end in 'ber', September, October, November, December means that Labor Day begins the race, Halloween marks the midpoint and Thanksgiving is just an open door to the insanity that is the modern Christmas. The holiday rush is one sign of the 'ber' month phenomenon. The change in the weather means we'll be saying "ber" more often.

It's time to start buttoning up the yards, grubbing out the gardens, putting away the garden hose, wrapping up the cold sensitive plants and checking supplies of ice melter for the coming weather.

There's always something to do, whether I'm ready or not.

Last edited:
I have been up since 6:00am, and tossed and turned all night. Moki has had a turn for the worst. I wait for the vets office to open at 8am...then we take him down there to send off to Rainbow Bridge.
More tears here. Is there no end to the tears? Best wishes and a great send off to Moki. Hugs to you, Gracie...and Mr. Gracie, should they be needed.

I have had a couple of songs going round my head since they were on TV Saturday night on a program called sounds of the seventies. I could not remember the names of them but I found one by watching a compilation video on U tube

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Above the rainbow or what it is like to fly through one in an airplane:

14212648_1360291870651012_11449672312853572_n.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Forum List

Back