USMB Coffee Shop IV

Gizmo, our youngest kitty figured out a while back how to open bi-fold closet doors as well as cabinet doors. He loves to get into the closet or cabinets and go to sleep, I've accidentally closed closet doors with him asleep in there before. That's how I discovered it was him and not the wife leaving the closets open....... :lol:
I had a cat who not only opened cabinet doors, but could break open the pasta boxes and help himself. Loved elbows and spaghetti right from the box.

You can't tell me that they are 'dumb animals' who have no ability to think, reason, and figure things out but are guided purely by instinct. If that was so they would all have the same abilities and the same limitations. But we who have known and studied our fur friends know that is not the case.

Don't forget our feathered friends, they are intelligent too. My lovebird was very interactive with me, and she involved herself in my activities. Including tapping on the keyboard of my computer when I was typing.

$chip008.jpg

Gizmo, our youngest kitty figured out a while back how to open bi-fold closet doors as well as cabinet doors. He loves to get into the closet or cabinets and go to sleep, I've accidentally closed closet doors with him asleep in there before. That's how I discovered it was him and not the wife leaving the closets open....... :lol:
I had a cat who not only opened cabinet doors, but could break open the pasta boxes and help himself. Loved elbows and spaghetti right from the box.

You can't tell me that they are 'dumb animals' who have no ability to think, reason, and figure things out but are guided purely by instinct. If that was so they would all have the same abilities and the same limitations. But we who have known and studied our fur friends know that is not the case.

Don't forget our feathered friends, they are intelligent too. My lovebird was very interactive with me, and she involved herself in my activities. Including tapping on the keyboard of my computer when I was typing.
Not just the pets, if I don't get "breakfast" out early enough a couple of the more demanding pigeons will intentionally fly into the glass slider to remind me....... :lol:

I agree that parrots, cockatoos, and even some parakeets are absolutely amazing. And the day I watched one of our typically stupid grosbeaks with his feet wrapped around the stem of the single bird hummingbird feeder and was straining to pull the bee guard off of it, I knew that even they had an intelligence that we rarely see or recognize.

Not just the pets, if I don't get "breakfast" out early enough a couple of the more demanding pigeons will intentionally fly into the glass slider to remind me....... :lol:

I saw a seagull limping in the town today. It had fishing line tightly wound around its leg, and obviously it was cutting off the circulation. I felt sorry for it but I did not see what I could do. Because they fly away if you approach them, and I did not have anything to cut the line with. So I had to leave it to its fate.

I saw a seagull limping in the town today. It had fishing line tightly wound around its leg, and obviously it was cutting off the circulation. I felt sorry for it but I did not see what I could do. Because they fly away if you approach them, and I did not have anything to cut the line with. So I had to leave it to its fate.

We rarely buy them but always cut up those plastic six-pack holders, so animals do not get caught.

I agree that parrots, cockatoos, and even some parakeets are absolutely amazing. And the day I watched one of our typically stupid grosbeaks with his feet wrapped around the stem of the single bird hummingbird feeder and was straining to pull the bee guard off of it, I knew that even they had an intelligence that we rarely see or recognize.

Don't forget squirrels, they turned out to be very brainy. I am sorry to say I shot one when I was a youth, but I would not do it now.

Busy weekend, youngest daughter was in town for college homecoming. I drove a truck in the parade. We saw the football game together and home team won. Oldest daughter brought her husband and grandkids down for the start of fair. Harper was very happy to see me.

Removed 540 pavers and loaded them into the trailer. Unloaded them and stacked them Sunday. A few hundred left to go. Cured Peach of her toilet phobia. All in all a good weekend.

Thanks !
Even though I never had one to begin with. :)

Don't forget squirrels, they turned out to be very brainy. I am sorry to say I shot one when I was a youth, but I would not do it now.

I saw a TV program once, a sort of documentary on wild critters that figure stuff out. I think it was a British lady who was trying every means possible to design and build a bird feeder that the squirrels could not get to. But attempt after attempt failed. They can be brilliant.

Just got back from the new vet. Moki doesn't have much longer. The anal exit is getting smaller and we don't want to wait for him to be in pain before doing what needs done...so....soon, we will be sending him off to Rainbow Bridge.

Just got back from the new vet. Moki doesn't have much longer. The anal exit is getting smaller and we don't want to wait for him to be in pain before doing what needs done...so....soon, we will be sending him off to Rainbow Bridge.

:huddle:

Oh so sorry Grace. Even when you know the time is close, it is still so hard. (((hugs)))

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and their Moki,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

awesome-bright-autumn-scenery-wallpaper.jpg

We are prepared for it. meanwhile, he is getting lots of loving...and just about anything he wants to eat, lol. Vet said why not? Let him chow down..just make sure he gets lots of pumpkin and add the miralax so it can come out easy but otherwise..spoil him rotten. So that is the plan. The day of..I am going to treat him with barbque ribs. He loves to munch the meat off as I hold each side of the bone since I refuse to let him gnaw on that. But the meat? He is full of bliss he loves it so much, lol.
He goes to Gracie and Pretties...and we will miss him very much but we still have a week or two left. Maybe a tad longer. It all depends on how well he takes the runs we plan to make him have before it clogs up completely.

So do I. I also haz a sad cuz I hate it here. I am tired of pretending to myself.
No water. no lakes. no rivers. just a shitload of wind all the time...and no place to escape it. Front of the house....35 mile an hour wind. Back of the house. Same. Sides of the house, same. There is no relief. Dry skin. dry eyes. dry brittle hair now. even the dogs hate going out there. And hot wind, too. How the hell do people live in the fucking desert and not kill themselves? This sucks. And us crammed in this tiny bedroom isn't helping.
I want to leave so fucking bad.

So do I. I also haz a sad cuz I hate it here. I am tired of pretending to myself.
No water. no lakes. no rivers. just a shitload of wind all the time...and no place to escape it. Front of the house....35 mile an hour wind. Back of the house. Same. Sides of the house, same. There is no relief. Dry skin. dry eyes. dry brittle hair now. even the dogs hate going out there. And hot wind, too. How the hell do people live in the fucking desert and not kill themselves? This sucks. And us crammed in this tiny bedroom isn't helping.

:) Maybe the wind will let up? I have no idea what it is like there. I have lived in the desert a lot of years now, but it is high desert and probably very different from what you are experiencing.

Good morning everybody. I slept in for the second day in a row and am beginning to feel normal again. After the incident with an excruciating dental infection plus the funeral, I was more exhausted than I knew. But things are returning to normal again. Going to take Aunt Betty and Cousin L (Uncle Ed's neice and last living relative) to lunch today. Cousin L was a godsend through all that--Aunt Betty was a registered nurse but she will be ninety years old in four days. Cousin L moved here this past year to be closer to Uncle Ed--she is also a registered nurse with much more stamina and energy and that allowed us to keep Uncle Ed at home which is what he wanted and Aunt Betty wanted. I have just though so many times the little miracles that happen in our lives. And no longer think they are all coincidental.

Anyhow, hope everybody is looking forward to a good week. I just realized I'm sitting here shivering. It is getting cold at night now and is chilly in the mornings until it warms up to the low to mid 70's in the afternoon. It is definitely autumn in New Mexico.
Empathetic vibes, perhaps. But I was quite...low yesterday. I actually ditched my lab class and was so weak and "flabby" that I pretty much only wanted to nap and read. I even preferred my partner drive to the cabin. Blah!

Aww, Gracie. I am so sad for you. I surely hope things get better.

I still shoot squirrels whenever they get to close to my place. They can ruin the insulation if given a chance and are no better than fuzzy rats.

Forum List

Back