USMB Coffee Shop IV

The little one's team won 7-4. :) 6 of the goals were by one girl! She was all over the field, not only scoring all those goals but getting back to make defensive plays, too. The little one had what would be an assist if it were hockey (I don't know if soccer has assists). She made a great throw in from the sidelines to the girl who turned, ran alone to the goal, and scored. It was a mostly good game. The same girl that isn't really into the game had her normal problems, and let in a few goals when she was goalie, but overall they did well.

It wasn't as hot as it has been, but still pretty warm. It's in the high 70s, and with the sun and yelling a lot during the game, I wish it had been cooler. I'm sure the girls did.

The little one is at her dad's, so it's time to binge watch Luke Cage. :D

I am pretty much at a stand still with landscaping. Sixty degrees and rainy for four days now.

I am pretty much at a stand still with landscaping. Sixty degrees and rainy for four days now.

Do lots of people have landscaping projects this time of year where you are? Even here they are pretty well shutting it down though they're still planting some trees and larger shrubs assuming they will set before the first really hard freeze.

Do lots of people have landscaping projects this time of year where you are? Even here they are pretty well shutting it down though they're still planting some trees and larger shrubs assuming they will set before the first really hard freeze.

Until the ground freezes you can work a project. We had a good thaw one year and I finished a job January second.

I'm planning to work on a "landscaping" project this coming weekend. It involves using Ho'Zilla to move some overburden, tear out a few stumps and prep the other side of my storage she for the installation of a lean-to side. I guess you have to make a mess to clear one up sometimes.
Wow! I cracked my head, hard, this morning. I stood up too fast in the wrong place and a B747 fell on my head. It hurt, but I didn't realize how badly I was hurt until I noticed the small splatters of blood on the concrete. Ah, well, this too will heal.

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

This one was captioned "moving the cattle to winter pasture":

14445958_1483842394976003_8039663312931535081_n.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

There you go again trying to make me lunge off...LOL

I have discovered Big Bear Lake. I think I like it. A lot.
Google it.
On the prowl for either a rental or a small cabin to buy that has a bedroom and a fireplace in the living room. Gotta find an owner carry, I think. Unless a loan company surprises us, which would be nice. Problem is...we spent too much on the move so we don't have as much as we used to. Moki, altenator, fridge, twin bed, recliner, gas, food, new glasses on top of the new glasses I bought just before the move. It took a chunk.
I have feelers out though...so hopefully something good will happen for a change. And of course..if we don't find something we can buy, or find a rental that is cheap enough where we are not like sardines..we will stay here with our friends until "home" calls.

Can't have ocean? Mountains and winter snow will suffice! Found a lot of small cabins and some manufactured homes as well, but its too hard to get a loan on a manufactured. Which is why we need an owner carry. That, not so easy to find. Plus we have to factor in space rent, the payment on the home, and utilities.

But..I'll keep huntin'!

Wow! I cracked my head, hard, this morning. I stood up too fast in the wrong place and a B747 fell on my head. It hurt, but I didn't realize how badly I was hurt until I noticed the small splatters of blood on the concrete. Ah, well, this too will heal.

Blood on the Tarmac... Always hated that when it happened...

There you go again trying to make me lunge off...LOL

I think it takes a brave human or those with a death wish to cross that bridge. And given the squeamishness of strange terrain among cattle I have known, I can't image them walking so calmly across that. Wherever that is, those cattle must be a different breed indeed.

Can't have ocean? Mountains and winter snow will suffice! Found a lot of small cabins and some manufactured homes as well, but its too hard to get a loan on a manufactured. Which is why we need an owner carry. That, not so easy to find. Plus we have to factor in space rent, the payment on the home, and utilities.

But..I'll keep huntin'!

Look for a rental with option to buy maybe? But still pulling for you two from New Mexico.

The 90th birthday party for my aunt went off very well yesterday. Good company, good food (even though I did prepare most of it myself), and a good time. My aunt is amazing. To look at her you would guess she is in her 60's. And she still takes Sally the Shih tzu on long walks, walks two blocks to the community mailbox every day, and has more endurance and stamina than I have. Amazing woman she is.

I think it takes a brave human or those with a death wish to cross that bridge. And given the squeamishness of strange terrain among cattle I have known, I can't image them walking so calmly across that. Wherever that is, those cattle must be a different breed indeed.

Any Bovines I have ever been around would absolutely not cross a bridge of that nature. Of coarse cattle are followers and all you have to do is get one to lead and most of the rest will follow. Train one and you have them all in most cases... My problem I see is the floor of the bridge... If it is just slats with spacing that is amazing... I have seen to many cattle guards work...

upload_2016-10-2_13-3-24.png

Forum List

Back