USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm afraid of heights myself, but love roller coasters, bungy jumping and all that stuff

So you do bungy jumping? What happens when you have jumped, do you end up hanging upside down until someone hauls you up?
The bungy is attached to a cable where I jumped. They dropped you to the ground slowly. I've seen people jump over water and they got winched back up. I wouldn't want to do that. It seems that would wear the cord prematurely.

Morning, everyone.

2 weeks left to go with Eng Comp and Remedial Algebra. I'm doing better than I anticipated with a 4.0 GPA, but the real gauge will be when I start the big boy classes in January. These refreshers have been great.

Back to my studies I go. I've been having dreams of matrix code comprised of quadratic equations and punctuation marks. So many numbers..........!:coffee:

The fact that you're acing the refresher courses suggests graduation with honors to me. Sounds like you are enjoying it too.

More annoyance from school. I called the financial aid office again today because they still haven't finished processing my stuff, and classes start on Monday. After talking with a new woman for a bit, she tells me that fees were due last Thursday. Yes, I know that. The woman I talked to then said I didn't need to worry about it, I should just wait until my aid goes through and pay then, it should be a few days. This woman tells me I should pay now and then get reimbursed when I get my grant. So $950 on the employer's credit card later, I'm all paid up.

It would be nice if these people had the slightest clue what each other were doing. :mad:

I like the rooster one. :lol:

The special shapes during and in addition to the mass ascensions are the highlight of the fiesta--there is one evening devoted to the special shapes. Many are absolutely amazing and you can't imagine how huge they are until you get up close and stand right beside them. Just a small sampling:

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_19.jpg

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_17.jpg

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_14.jpg

ee401b28662058718b1e5afc0c3ef7a9.jpg

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_05.jpg

Have you gone for a ride in one?

No, and though I love standing amongst those behemoths as they rise up from the Earth--it is quite an experience--I have never had the urge to ride in one. There are some who do offer balloon rides for a fee though.

I had a chance to ride on one at a fair one time, but I chickened out. :lol:

No way could I go up in one !!!!
I can't even get in a clear elevator and go up to the the second floor of a shopping mall, because I start shaking the minute it starts to move up. :lmao:

Not a fan of the heights myself. :D

The special shapes during and in addition to the mass ascensions are the highlight of the fiesta--there is one evening devoted to the special shapes. Many are absolutely amazing and you can't imagine how huge they are until you get up close and stand right beside them. Just a small sampling:

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_19.jpg

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_17.jpg

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_14.jpg

ee401b28662058718b1e5afc0c3ef7a9.jpg

new_mexico_albuquerque_international_balloon_fiesta_2013_special_shapes_rodeo_05.jpg

No, and though I love standing amongst those behemoths as they rise up from the Earth--it is quite an experience--I have never had the urge to ride in one. There are some who do offer balloon rides for a fee though.

I can't even get in a clear elevator and go up to the the second floor of a shopping mall, because I start shaking the minute it starts to move up. :lmao:
I'm afraid of heights myself, but love roller coasters, bungy jumping and all that stuff. I figure the rides are supposed to scare you and I get way more for my money than most people. I can jump off a platform 200 feet in the air with a rubber band to keep me from splattering all over hell's half acre, but stepping off a ladder and onto the roof of a one story house almost paralyzes me with fear.

I get sick on most rides. I have to take Dramamine before I go on rides. :(

Morning, everyone.

2 weeks left to go with Eng Comp and Remedial Algebra. I'm doing better than I anticipated with a 4.0 GPA, but the real gauge will be when I start the big boy classes in January. These refreshers have been great.

Back to my studies I go. I've been having dreams of matrix code comprised of quadratic equations and punctuation marks. So many numbers..........!:coffee:

The fact that you're acing the refresher courses suggests graduation with honors to me. Sounds like you are enjoying it too.

I guess as long as this isn't like a game of pool, I'll be fine. I always kick ass on the pool table, and people accuse me of being a shark. Then I get down to the 8-ball, and never make a shot again. lol

Morning, everyone.

Sounds like a nightmare, honestly. :lol:

I'm afraid of heights myself, but love roller coasters, bungy jumping and all that stuff

So you do bungy jumping? What happens when you have jumped, do you end up hanging upside down until someone hauls you up?
The bungy is attached to a cable where I jumped. They dropped you to the ground slowly. I've seen people jump over water and they got winched back up. I wouldn't want to do that. It seems that would wear the cord prematurely.

You know what I say about that? No thanks. :)

I'm afraid of heights myself, but love roller coasters, bungy jumping and all that stuff. I figure the rides are supposed to scare you and I get way more for my money than most people. I can jump off a platform 200 feet in the air with a rubber band to keep me from splattering all over hell's half acre, but stepping off a ladder and onto the roof of a one story house almost paralyzes me with fear.

I don't go on rides for that reason. I've never gotten sick on a ride that I remember, but I expect it would happen if I went on anything that spun much, or did too much twisty movement, and then I'd be trapped. :lol:

I don't go on rides for that reason. I've never gotten sick on a ride that I remember, but I expect it would happen if I went on anything that spun much, or did too much twisty movement, and then I'd be trapped. :lol:

I've gotten sick on PLENTY of rides. Lol. I have a weak stomach.

Morning, everyone.

Take a break and have some 3.14.

I don't know if it is a weak stomach or just intolerance to dizziness. I don't get on things like the tilt-a-whirl or other spinning things. But I have a pretty strong stomach I guess--I didn't get seasick on a really rough day at sea though almost everybody else did.

I don't know if it is a weak stomach or just intolerance to dizziness. I don't get on things like the tilt-a-whirl or other spinning things. But I have a pretty strong stomach I guess--I didn't get seasick on a really rough day at sea though almost everybody else did.

Vertigo

This was 3 AM just before the 38 pounds of Boston Butt came out of the smoker. Another hour and a half and 30 minutes to pull it apart and clean up and I hit the sack. I was at it for 16 hours. It's exhausting, but so worth it. PARTY at Doc's tonight with the Whyte Caps. As always, no cover charge.
BUTT_10_6_16_A.jpg

I get sick on boats too if the water is choppy. I also have gotten car sick before, though that has only happened a couple of times.

I get sick on boats too if the water is choppy. I also have gotten car sick before, though that has only happened a couple of times.

Usually if I try reading in the car I get a little nauseous. I haven't actually thrown up from motion sickness (or anything else, for that matter) since I was a kid, though.

Usually if I try reading in the car I get a little nauseous. I haven't actually thrown up from motion sickness (or anything else, for that matter) since I was a kid, though.

I've only felt sick as a passenger in the back seat of a standard. Maybe those people just drove like crap. Lol.

Morning all !

I didn't sleep well last night, could not seem to turn the brain off.
2 hours awake, 2 hours of sleep, on the couch, all night. :)

Then at about 1:30 in the morning lost the internet as well as the phone. Grrrr
Just now really getting started and it's 10:30.
I usually am a really early morning person, I get up before sunrrise. :)

Morning all !

It is frustrating when you plan to stay up and the TV and internet goes out. Having no phone is a bit scary for me--especially on the rare occasions we have neither a land line or cell phone service. We have elderly relatives for whom we are the first people they call if there is trouble, and we're at the age now we could really need to be able to call somebody.

What is frustrating though is our internet will be out so I'll call Comcast and the first thing they want to know is did we try to solve our problem using the internet solutions?

Morning all !

It is frustrating when you plan to stay up and the TV and internet goes out. Having no phone is a bit scary for me--especially on the rare occasions we have neither a land line or cell phone service. We have elderly relatives for whom we are the first people they call if there is trouble, and we're at the age now we could really need to be able to call somebody.

What is frustrating though is our internet will be out so I'll call Comcast and the first thing they want to know is did we try to solve our problem using the internet solutions?

Comcast bastards! I have Comcast too.

Forum List

Back