USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well my first draft of the resume is done. Work life boiled down to one page...

...suppose just writing hire me dumbass is not an option...

Well...we survived hurricane # 2 for the season. It helped being on the opposite side of the State. We still got quite a bit of rain and 20-30 MPH wind gusts. Nothing too serious. It looks like folks on the Atlantic coast fared better than expected...thank God.

My stepson was off from school so we watched the movie Almost Famous on Netflix. What a great movie. :thup:

Anyone...this song was featured prominently so i learned it in about 20 minutes and just finished recording it. It's in an open tuning that's a little tricky. Hope you like. :)

Something In The Air by user183852791

Almost_famous_poster1.jpg

Glad you, Sherry and Son weren't seriously affected WQ though I did observe how far across Florida those rain bands were pushing. I'll check out the movie and I love the song.

Don't get me wrong, if the storm track remains unchanged then everyone from Savannah north through southern Virginia needs to take heed and seriously prepare. Granted that's if the storm remains a category 3 or 4 by the time it makes landfall.

Less than 1000 miles from the tip of Florida 800+ lives have been taken from Hurricane Matthew... I understand the poking fun at the news reporters and I have been guilty of such tomfoolery myself, but there is always a but isn't there... Mother Nature is DAMN DANGEROUS folks. The projections by these prognosticators kept explaining that they could not tell the exact path of said storm... Bottom line is Hurricanes go where ever they want to go. The warning was given of the possibilities... Was some drama thrown in for effect? Yes there was... As a hilljack living in the Midwest and a consumer of mass media, I can watch or I can turn it off...
Hypothetically lets say the path of the storm had been 50 miles west of the actual path it took in Southern Florida... Would we have been poking fun at the reporters then? Hard to say as it is hypothetical... Florida was extremely lucky. Hundreds of lives and gazillion of dollars have been spared...
I have just a little experience with a Hurricane and I remember watching pre-Hurricane hype on the TV. I was 35 miles NE of landfall of Katrina, eleven years ago. My father, a snowbird lived in Saucier, Ms. and was in very poor health and I was there trying to take care of him... Interesting pickle to be in as I had no where to take my Dad to as he was bedridden and on oxygen... Storm lasted about 12 hours and a day and a half later my father and I was headed to Indiana... Just another Bucket list scratch off...
Pray for the victims of Hurricane Matthew...

Last edited:
Well my first draft of the resume is done. Work life boiled down to one page...

...suppose just writing hire me dumbass is not an option...

Well whatever you decide to put on it, I think I can safely speak for all of us that we hope you find just what you are looking for.

I do not have am idea what I want to do. That is why I am making the resume, so I can see what jobs are offered.

Of course we respect mother nature!!
Take it from one who was near several tornado's and constant seasonal flash floods in Arizona.
Water everywhere around our house and snakes swimming in it.
Watching cars floating down fast moving washes.

We were just pointing out the stupidity of how they do the theatrics of their reporting. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Morning, everyone.

2 weeks left to go with Eng Comp and Remedial Algebra. I'm doing better than I anticipated with a 4.0 GPA, but the real gauge will be when I start the big boy classes in January. These refreshers have been great.

Back to my studies I go. I've been having dreams of matrix code comprised of quadratic equations and punctuation marks. So many numbers..........!:coffee:

Take a break and have some 3.14.

I chuckled out loud on that one. Wife just called me a geek. lol

Morning all !

I didn't sleep well last night, could not seem to turn the brain off.
2 hours awake, 2 hours of sleep, on the couch, all night. :)

Then at about 1:30 in the morning lost the internet as well as the phone. Grrrr
Just now really getting started and it's 10:30.
I usually am a really early morning person, I get up before sunrrise. :)

It is frustrating when you plan to stay up and the TV and internet goes out. Having no phone is a bit scary for me--especially on the rare occasions we have neither a land line or cell phone service. We have elderly relatives for whom we are the first people they call if there is trouble, and we're at the age now we could really need to be able to call somebody.

What is frustrating though is our internet will be out so I'll call Comcast and the first thing they want to know is did we try to solve our problem using the internet solutions?

Comcast bastards! I have Comcast too.

Eff Comcast, right in their stupid ears.

Morning all !

I didn't sleep well last night, could not seem to turn the brain off.
2 hours awake, 2 hours of sleep, on the couch, all night. :)

Then at about 1:30 in the morning lost the internet as well as the phone. Grrrr
Just now really getting started and it's 10:30.
I usually am a really early morning person, I get up before sunrrise. :)

It is frustrating when you plan to stay up and the TV and internet goes out. Having no phone is a bit scary for me--especially on the rare occasions we have neither a land line or cell phone service. We have elderly relatives for whom we are the first people they call if there is trouble, and we're at the age now we could really need to be able to call somebody.

What is frustrating though is our internet will be out so I'll call Comcast and the first thing they want to know is did we try to solve our problem using the internet solutions?

Comcast bastards! I have Comcast too.

Eff Comcast, right in their stupid ears.

They lied to me!!! I couldn't believe that they did that. I should switch to Verizon.

Don't get me wrong, if the storm track remains unchanged then everyone from Savannah north through southern Virginia needs to take heed and seriously prepare. Granted that's if the storm remains a category 3 or 4 by the time it makes landfall.

Less than 1000 miles from the tip of Florida 800+ lives have been taken from Hurricane Matthew... I understand the poking fun at the news reporters and I have been guilty of such tomfoolery myself, but there is always a but isn't there... Mother Nature is DAMN DANGEROUS folks. The projections by these prognosticators kept explaining that they could not tell the exact path of said storm... Bottom line is Hurricanes go where ever they want to go. The warning was given of the possibilities... Was some drama thrown in for effect? Yes there was... As a hilljack living in the Midwest and a consumer of mass media, I can watch or I can turn it off...
Hypothetically lets say the path of the storm had been 50 miles west of the actual path it took in Southern Florida... Would we have been poking fun at the reporters then? Hard to say as it is hypothetical... Florida was extremely lucky. Hundreds of lives and gazillion of dollars have been spared...
I have just a little experience with a Hurricane and I remember watching pre-Hurricane hype on the TV. I was 35 miles NE of landfall of Katrina, eleven years ago. My father, a snowbird lived in Saucier, Ms. and was in very poor health and I was there trying to take care of him... Interesting pickle to be in as I had no where to take my Dad to as he was bedridden and on oxygen... Storm lasted about 12 hours and a day and a half later my father and I was headed to Indiana... Just another Bucket list scratch off...
Pray for the victims of Hurricane Matthew...

I couldn't agree more Ridgerunner. It is so necessary that people be warned and a Cat 4 hurricane is not something people should choose to write out when they are in its path. It's just that they made almost as big a deal out of Tropical Storm Colin that hit western Florida in June this year--did their damndest to make it seem far worse than it actually was. And I think that is irresponsible because then when they should be taken very seriously, people are inclined to question whether the media is just blowing it all out of proportion again. And when they put their reporters out into the storm to report on it, it looks really dramatic, but I think many people might be lulled into complacency with that--it if isn't too dangerous for a reporter right out in it, then I should be fine in my own home--that kind of thing.

Thank goodness you and your dad survived Katrina though.

They lied to me!!! I couldn't believe that they did that. I should switch to Verizon.

How about Frontier? I own some of that. :)

Is it available in my area? A lot of these smaller companies are not available in my area. I called the other day for one that I saw an advertisement for, but they don't serve my area.
Be careful with Verizon, they lie also. I tried them once, got a super deal, Verizon's first bill to me was $60 more than the agreement, I pitched a bitch and they dropped it down to $20 more than the agreed price so I told them what I thought of them and dropped them, went back to Comcast.
The only problem I ever had with Comcast was when I lived in Dale City, VA, that local's billing department couldn't get a single bill right. It seems I wasn't the only one with that problem, Comcast must have received tons of complaints but it still took them a couple of years to rectify the problem, eventually that billing department was merged with Fairfax's very competent billing department and cleansed of the incompetents.

Morning, everyone.

2 weeks left to go with Eng Comp and Remedial Algebra. I'm doing better than I anticipated with a 4.0 GPA, but the real gauge will be when I start the big boy classes in January. These refreshers have been great.

Back to my studies I go. I've been having dreams of matrix code comprised of quadratic equations and punctuation marks. So many numbers..........!:coffee:

Take a break and have some 3.14.

I chuckled out loud on that one. Wife just called me a geek. lol

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/wife-of-pi.jpg :)

Yesterday and today were pretty good days. We had the community yard sale here (over 300 houses) and sales were great. I didn't have much left since I sold everything, but I went through the bins we did drag with us, and downsized even more and made 100 bucks yesterday. Today, made another 175 bucks. Plus, MrG went with Friend's Mister to the other yard sales while Friend and I watched our sale. MrG came back with some goodies!!! One place had about 5 baggies full of Zuni sterling jewelry. The squash blossom necklace that I found on ebay that is the exact same SIGNED piece went for 3600 bucks on ebay. No..that is not 36 bucks. That is 3,600.00! And he got it for 2 bucks! The rest are pendants, silver chains, 2 bracelets, earrings....all for 9 bucks total for all of it. These folks have no clue what they have, I guess. So...I think we may get 450 bucks for the squash blossom...the rest..a couple of hundred bucks. That will pay off the cc's we used to move here!

My friend bought me a nice desk from the neighbor's yard sale when I was not looking, and gave it to me for my early birthday present...and I was so surprised and happy. She has mellowed again, for which I am quite pleased. I ask for nothing, tip toe, and so far, I have not received any "NO!" answers because I don't ask for anything to make her say it. So...things are calm again. Thankfully.

Oh..and a watch band guard that goes on each side of the watch. Signed by the maker, too. That was in one of the baggies.

We are quite pleased!

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Forum List

Back