USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Imperius,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

The aurora borealis from near Willow, Alaska
Aurora_Borealis_Northern_Lights_Alaska_1024x768.jpg

Hiya. This is your resident Templar posting from lands afar.

I don't know whether this is cool or disturbing, but I find this board to be irresistible. So I'm back, for tonight.

Guess I'll drop in for the debate and log back out. I have a Lv 70 Crusader to finish equipping afterwards.

Later.

I recently discovered Ys myself. I've played 1 and 2 and now I'm about to start Ys Origins. Great JRPG!

Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,
Imperius,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

I'm teasing Oddball on Facebook right now. Want me to pass anything along? :alcoholic:

Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,
Imperius,

I'm teasing Oddball on Facebook right now. Want me to pass anything along? :alcoholic:

You know our Oddball? Special person that. But I keep up with him elsewhere too. Tell him Foxfyre said hey though. :)

Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,
Imperius,

You know our Oddball? Special person that. But I keep up with him elsewhere too. Tell him Foxfyre said hey though. :)

Yep, we cut our teeth on another forum way back in the day, and mostly hang out in a FB group these days. I'll pass it along.

Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,
Imperius,

Yep, we cut our teeth on another forum way back in the day, and mostly hang out in a FB group these days. I'll pass it along.

We are in a fantasy football league together. :)

Love the jacket, though. And why do models think they're becoming when they put on such an unhappy face? Looks like a moody teenager whose just been told no cellphone for a week.

The jacket isn't me but I agree I do like it. Put it over a white, navy, or red shirt and shorts and it would work for me. The mixed prints just look messy, unappealing, and are a complete turn off for me. Even by themselves those prints are unappealing and a turn off for me.

But the designers also offer looks that are really pretty and I love to see even though I probably wouldn't buy or wear them either:

project-runway3_1318794i.jpg

Those are pretty, but I wonder where on earth would I wear something like that? A little overdressed for most of the things I like to do . . . or can afford to do! :lol: Those dresses probably cost a lot of money.

Oh no doubt. Again I am a sweatshirt and jeans and moccasins kind of person. If I must dress up a bit, for me it is usually slacks and a turtleneck with good looking running shoes. If I need to REALLY dress up, I add a vest to the turtleneck and loafers. :)
Around the house it's boxers, A-shirt (wife beater shirt) and a open can of beer..........

Love the negative stereotype...... :D

I wear gym shorts or sweats and a pocket T shirt, outside it's jean shorts, jeans, pocket T and a open front long sleeve button down (light or heavy depending on temperature). On rare occasions I wear Dockers, buttoned up button down and a sport coat, the only time I wear my 1800s clothing is obviously when I'm at an event.

Jeans and a t-shirt and combat boots. That's what I wear pretty much every day, and what I've been wearing pretty much every day for the last 25+ years. :p
Somewhere, probably in a box still, I have a pair of desert combat boots that are just as comfortable as wearing my New Balances.

I don't think anyone eats a whole blooming onion themselves though. That is the kind of thing that is usually shared.

The information was for 1 serving though--I don't know if that referred to the whole thing or just one serving of it.

Probably the whole thing with that many calories. I could never eat a whole one by myself.
Many moons ago I thought I could eat one by myself...... Finished about 2/3s of it, was stuffed and so sodium laden that gardeners could have used me as slug repellent..........

Howdy folks,

English finals are all written, proofread, finalized and turned in. Turns out, I don't particularly care for writing analytical essays.

Remedial Algebra finals are today. At this point, it's gonna be a breeze as long as I don't get dyslexia when it comes to distribution properties.

I received a calculus book and college algebra book in the mail today. I opened the calculus book up first, took a gander at the table of contents, and immediately determined it to be a foreign language (though some of it DID register as English for me). I opened the Algebra book and smiled as I did all of chapter 1's review exercises in my head.

The fun part of gaining ground on my peers begins today. :deal:
It's good that you're advancing yourself however if the goal is a high paying job you may need to plan to attend post graduate school for most careers these days. These days most corporations and the US government view Bachelor Degrees in the same way high school diplomas were viewed in my early days.
Not trying to be a downer just letting you know what it's like in quite a few areas.

The jacket isn't me but I agree I do like it. Put it over a white, navy, or red shirt and shorts and it would work for me. The mixed prints just look messy, unappealing, and are a complete turn off for me. Even by themselves those prints are unappealing and a turn off for me.

But the designers also offer looks that are really pretty and I love to see even though I probably wouldn't buy or wear them either:

Those are pretty, but I wonder where on earth would I wear something like that? A little overdressed for most of the things I like to do . . . or can afford to do! :lol: Those dresses probably cost a lot of money.

Oh no doubt. Again I am a sweatshirt and jeans and moccasins kind of person. If I must dress up a bit, for me it is usually slacks and a turtleneck with good looking running shoes. If I need to REALLY dress up, I add a vest to the turtleneck and loafers. :)
Around the house it's boxers, A-shirt (wife beater shirt) and a open can of beer..........

I wear gym shorts or sweats and a pocket T shirt, outside it's jean shorts, jeans, pocket T and a open front long sleeve button down (light or heavy depending on temperature). On rare occasions I wear Dockers, buttoned up button down and a sport coat, the only time I wear my 1800s clothing is obviously when I'm at an event.

I can't imagine having to dress like a woman from the 1800s every day! It probably took them hours to get dressed. Lol.
I visited a plantation in South Carolina on vacation. A woman's outfit around 1860 weighed up to 40 pounds. They were rugged women.
Depended on the outfit and most women didn't wear all of that, they couldn't afford it, most wore what was called a day dress and if one was traveling the hoop would be packed not worn. The wife said the biggest issue for her was the corset, she tried to wear one many many moons ago and couldn't stand it, even tied relatively loose. They were practical in one aspect, they wore split crotch pantelettes which means they didn't have to strip all those layers off to use the bathroom.........

Jeans and a t-shirt and combat boots. That's what I wear pretty much every day, and what I've been wearing pretty much every day for the last 25+ years. :p
Somewhere, probably in a box still, I have a pair of desert combat boots that are just as comfortable as wearing my New Balances.

And the boots will last 10x as long as the sneakers. :)

Howdy folks,

English finals are all written, proofread, finalized and turned in. Turns out, I don't particularly care for writing analytical essays.

Remedial Algebra finals are today. At this point, it's gonna be a breeze as long as I don't get dyslexia when it comes to distribution properties.

I received a calculus book and college algebra book in the mail today. I opened the calculus book up first, took a gander at the table of contents, and immediately determined it to be a foreign language (though some of it DID register as English for me). I opened the Algebra book and smiled as I did all of chapter 1's review exercises in my head.

It's good that you're advancing yourself however if the goal is a high paying job you may need to plan to attend post graduate school for most careers these days. These days most corporations and the US government view Bachelor Degrees in the same way high school diplomas were viewed in my early days.
Not trying to be a downer just letting you know what it's like in quite a few areas.

It really depends on the field however. One of our kids has a PhD and does very well but in a field that a PhD is pretty much mandatory. The other kid has a bachelors and earns a comparable salary and benefits because that industry values know how and ability to do the work as much as formal credentials. The degree did open the door and provided opportunity to move up to that great salary though. Myself, I have as much formal education as a master degree would require and more, but don't actually have a degree. But most of my working life, I have been in jobs that required a degree and employers accepted my experience and ability in lieu of the required degree.

It is just good to know the field you're going into and what the expectations will be in order for you to have opportunity in that field.

When my ship comes in, however--it seems to be lost at sea--I hope to finish up whatever requirements are necessary to complete my degree, not because I will ever use it, but just for the satisfaction of knowing I finished it.

The Packers play the Bears tonight. I must take my shower early and slip into my Jammie's so I can stay up late to watch the whole game. I don't have one of those cheesehead hats to wear during the game so I think I will duct tape a package of sharp cheddar to the top of my head! Go Packers!!! I really miss SFC Ollie, the big Dallas fan. If he was still a regular he would be giving me grief because Dallas beat the Packers last Sunday. Maybe it's good he's not around. I expect the Packers to beat the Bears and get back on the victory train.

The Packers play the Bears tonight. I must take my shower early and slip into my Jammie's so I can stay up late to watch the whole game. I don't have one of those cheesehead hats to wear during the game so I think I will duct tape a package of sharp cheddar to the top of my head! Go Packers!!! I really miss SFC Ollie, the big Dallas fan. If he was still a regular he would be giving me grief because Dallas beat the Packers last Sunday. Maybe it's good he's not around. I expect the Packers to beat the Bears and get back on the victory train.

Ollie is still around BBD and he pops in to say hello now and then but he isn't posting much anywhere these days. You'll note he and Mrs. O are on the vigil list--she requires most of his time around the clock these days. But yes, he is very much a Cowboys fan and I too wish he would post more often. :)

Howdy folks,

It really depends on the field however. One of our kids has a PhD and does very well but in a field that a PhD is pretty much mandatory. The other kid has a bachelors and earns a comparable salary and benefits because that industry values know how and ability to do the work as much as formal credentials. The degree did open the door and provided opportunity to move up to that great salary though. Myself, I have as much formal education as a master degree would require and more, but don't actually have a degree. But most of my working life, I have been in jobs that required a degree and employers accepted my experience and ability in lieu of the required degree.

It is just good to know the field you're going into and what the expectations will be in order for you to have opportunity in that field.

When my ship comes in, however--it seems to be lost at sea--I hope to finish up whatever requirements are necessary to complete my degree, not because I will ever use it, but just for the satisfaction of knowing I finished it.

Truthfully, the end-goal is to discover and understand, through my own personal observations, the calculations that govern the unseen world. And by unseen, I refer to what's inside a sub-atomic particle, and the directions they can move. I don't know if I'll ever have a well-paying job, as I am unable/unauthorized to seek taxable employment anymore, but I do plan to answer a lot of deep questions I have about our existence one way or another.

That big onion was most likely grown near a nuclear power plant. I worked at a nuclear power plant for nearly 15 years. We had cats there nearly the size of a mountain lion. Some sparrows were the size of a condor. After I retired from that job it took me three years to quit glowing in the dark.
My uncle was the chief reactor operator at the Hanford breeder reactor for many years. My dad visited him soon after he retired with cancer of the spine. After dad got back, I asked him how Uncle Donald was. Dad, always the one to have something good to say, replied, "Well, he doesn't glow in the dark."

Howdy folks,

Truthfully, the end-goal is to discover and understand, through my own personal observations, the calculations that govern the unseen world. And by unseen, I refer to what's inside a sub-atomic particle, and the directions they can move. I don't know if I'll ever have a well-paying job, as I am unable/unauthorized to seek taxable employment anymore, but I do plan to answer a lot of deep questions I have about our existence one way or another.

You would probably get along well with our son. He once speculated that what if every atom that exists is actually a whole world/universe much as the one we inhabit? And eternity was actually an infinity of small universes inside larger ones, inside still larger ones, etc. It would give a whole new context of ramifications of splitting the atom.

Forum List

Back