USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'll redesign some early bathing suits........ :eusa_whistle:

swimearlyvics400new.jpg

You would have to appreciate that high fashion is not really my thing--I'm a jeans and sweatshirt kind of person--but I do enjoy Project Runway seeing what the contestants do starting from scratch and designing and sewing something within a day or two they have to do it, put it on a fashion model, and have it judged by very picky high fashion judges.

And what I have observed is retro is okay so long as it is fashion forward. :) (In all honesty I've never quite understood what that term meant to those judges.)

Most of the clothes that they present in runway shows are not what normal people are wearing, and to be brutally honest, are just butt UGLY. I don't know how they make any money off some of those clothes. It's a mystery to me. I can't imagine anyone buying/wearing this!

Burberry-Runway-Show-September-2016.png
Love the jacket, though. And why do models think they're becoming when they put on such an unhappy face? Looks like a moody teenager whose just been told no cellphone for a week.

The jacket isn't me but I agree I do like it. Put it over a white, navy, or red shirt and shorts and it would work for me. The mixed prints just look messy, unappealing, and are a complete turn off for me. Even by themselves those prints are unappealing and a turn off for me.

But the designers also offer looks that are really pretty and I love to see even though I probably wouldn't buy or wear them either:

project-runway3_1318794i.jpg

Those are pretty, but I wonder where on earth would I wear something like that? A little overdressed for most of the things I like to do . . . or can afford to do! :lol: Those dresses probably cost a lot of money.

Oh no doubt. Again I am a sweatshirt and jeans and moccasins kind of person. If I must dress up a bit, for me it is usually slacks and a turtleneck with good looking running shoes. If I need to REALLY dress up, I add a vest to the turtleneck and loafers. :)

Posted my resume on the same site my employer has been using to find employees. I expect an interesting meeting later in the week.

Had fun yesterday. I was reprimanded for not following a new procedure started and communicated Monday. Thing is I followed the rules enforce on Saturday, when I did what I did. :lol:

You would have to appreciate that high fashion is not really my thing--I'm a jeans and sweatshirt kind of person--but I do enjoy Project Runway seeing what the contestants do starting from scratch and designing and sewing something within a day or two they have to do it, put it on a fashion model, and have it judged by very picky high fashion judges.

And what I have observed is retro is okay so long as it is fashion forward. :) (In all honesty I've never quite understood what that term meant to those judges.)

Most of the clothes that they present in runway shows are not what normal people are wearing, and to be brutally honest, are just butt UGLY. I don't know how they make any money off some of those clothes. It's a mystery to me. I can't imagine anyone buying/wearing this!

Love the jacket, though. And why do models think they're becoming when they put on such an unhappy face? Looks like a moody teenager whose just been told no cellphone for a week.

The jacket isn't me but I agree I do like it. Put it over a white, navy, or red shirt and shorts and it would work for me. The mixed prints just look messy, unappealing, and are a complete turn off for me. Even by themselves those prints are unappealing and a turn off for me.

But the designers also offer looks that are really pretty and I love to see even though I probably wouldn't buy or wear them either:

Those are pretty, but I wonder where on earth would I wear something like that? A little overdressed for most of the things I like to do . . . or can afford to do! :lol: Those dresses probably cost a lot of money.

Oh no doubt. Again I am a sweatshirt and jeans and moccasins kind of person. If I must dress up a bit, for me it is usually slacks and a turtleneck with good looking running shoes. If I need to REALLY dress up, I add a vest to the turtleneck and loafers. :)

Well I dress up sometimes for work or whatever, but not like THAT! :) I would be way overdressed.

Well I dress up sometimes for work or whatever, but not like THAT! :) I would be way overdressed.

There was a day when I dressed "corporate" for work. But I now live in the southwest where dress up is much different from the corporate world in the north, midwest, and east. And that suits me just fine though I love the corporate look.

Ever see the movie "Towering Inferno"? Set in San Francisco. In the opening scenes I loved the business attire of the various secretaries in the offices--outstanding corporate looks.

There was a day when I dressed "corporate" for work. But I now live in the southwest where dress up is much different from the corporate world in the north, midwest, and east. And that suits me just fine though I love the corporate look.

Ever see the movie "Towering Inferno"? Set in San Francisco. In the opening scenes I loved the business attire of the various secretaries in the offices--outstanding corporate looks.

I've never seen it, but I like that style too.

Around the house it's boxers, A-shirt (wife beater shirt) and a open can of beer..........

Love the negative stereotype...... :D

I wear gym shorts or sweats and a pocket T shirt, outside it's jean shorts, jeans, pocket T and a open front long sleeve button down (light or heavy depending on temperature). On rare occasions I wear Dockers, buttoned up button down and a sport coat, the only time I wear my 1800s clothing is obviously when I'm at an event.

I've never seen it, but I like that style too.

Good movie. Great cast. I have it on DVD and every now and then put it on to watch.

Around the house it's boxers, A-shirt (wife beater shirt) and a open can of beer..........

I wear gym shorts or sweats and a pocket T shirt, outside it's jean shorts, jeans, pocket T and a open front long sleeve button down (light or heavy depending on temperature). On rare occasions I wear Dockers, buttoned up button down and a sport coat, the only time I wear my 1800s clothing is obviously when I'm at an event.

I can't imagine having to dress like a woman from the 1800s every day! It probably took them hours to get dressed. Lol.

Jeans and a t-shirt and combat boots. That's what I wear pretty much every day, and what I've been wearing pretty much every day for the last 25+ years. :p

Ever see the movie "Towering Inferno"? Set in San Francisco

Yea, I remember the scene where Ava Gardener gets swept away in a sewer. That was before computer animation was standard, so I think she must have got wet filming that scene.

o-BLOOMIN-ONION2-facebook.jpg

I am okay with a large onion.

Did you know that the Outback blooming onion is almost 2000 calories with a whopping 4 grams of trans fat?

Calories in Outback Steakhouse Bloomin' Onion
Nutrition Facts
Outback Steakhouse - Bloomin' Onion

1. servings:
Calories 1,949 Sodium 4,100 mg
Total Fat 161 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 48 g Total Carbs 115 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 15 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 4 g Protein 28 g
Cholesterol 149 mg
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%

o-BLOOMIN-ONION2-facebook.jpg

I am okay with a large onion.

Did you know that the Outback blooming onion is almost 2000 calories with a whopping 4 grams of trans fat?

Calories in Outback Steakhouse Bloomin' Onion
Nutrition Facts
Outback Steakhouse - Bloomin' Onion

1. servings:
Calories 1,949 Sodium 4,100 mg
Total Fat 161 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 48 g Total Carbs 115 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 15 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 4 g Protein 28 g
Cholesterol 149 mg
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%

Just don't eat one every day! :2up:

Ever see the movie "Towering Inferno"? Set in San Francisco

Yea, I remember the scene where Ava Gardener gets swept away in a sewer. That was before computer animation was standard, so I think she must have got wet filming that scene.

I think you must be thinking of a different movie. I don't think Ava Gardner was in "Towering Inferno" and I don't recall any sewer scene.

I don't think anyone eats a whole blooming onion themselves though. That is the kind of thing that is usually shared.

The information was for 1 serving though--I don't know if that referred to the whole thing or just one serving of it. Some say the whole onion is 1 serving and others say there are three or four servings in one blooming onion. And no two sources seem to agree on the calories. My computer comes up immediately with this when asked for the calorie content:

How many calories are in a blooming onion?
The egg wash and deep frying preparation process of the blooming onion means it is high in calories; a single blooming onion with dressing contains approximately 3,000 calories and 134 grams of fat.

At any rate they are really really tasty but extremely high calorie for an appetizer any way you go with them. Onions themselves are low cal with a large onion about 60 calories or so. That humongous one you saw at the market might be 75 to 100 calories.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back