USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ever see the movie "Towering Inferno"? Set in San Francisco

Yea, I remember the scene where Ava Gardener gets swept away in a sewer. That was before computer animation was standard, so I think she must have got wet filming that scene.

I think you must be thinking of a different movie. I don't think Ava Gardner was in "Towering Inferno" and I don't recall any sewer scene.

Yea! your right. I looked it up and the film I was thinking of was Earthquake.

I don't think anyone eats a whole blooming onion themselves though. That is the kind of thing that is usually shared.

The information was for 1 serving though--I don't know if that referred to the whole thing or just one serving of it.

Probably the whole thing with that many calories. I could never eat a whole one by myself.

I don't think anyone eats a whole blooming onion themselves though. That is the kind of thing that is usually shared.

The information was for 1 serving though--I don't know if that referred to the whole thing or just one serving of it.

Probably the whole thing with that many calories. I could never eat a whole one by myself.

Me either. And now that I know about them, we don't order them anymore. (But they sure were tasty when we did. :))

Ever see the movie "Towering Inferno"? Set in San Francisco

Yea, I remember the scene where Ava Gardener gets swept away in a sewer. That was before computer animation was standard, so I think she must have got wet filming that scene.

I think you must be thinking of a different movie. I don't think Ava Gardner was in "Towering Inferno" and I don't recall any sewer scene.

Yea! your right. I looked it up and the film I was thinking of was Earthquake.

Right. Another really well done disaster flick with a good story line and great cast. If you like it you would probably also enjoy "Towering Inferno."

Me either. And now that I know about them, we don't order them anymore. (But they sure were tasty when we did. :))

Meh, I don't think there's anything wrong with splurging sometimes. I eat whatever I want, I just don't eat it all the time and keep it in moderation.

Blooming Onions... I like them BUT having had my gallbladder removed, if I eat one I spend the next day on the potty but the good thing about that is I get caught up on reading the newspapers.

IMG_0363.JPG

Blooming Onions... I like them BUT having had my gallbladder removed, if I eat one I spend the next day on the potty but the good thing about that is I get caught up on reading the newspapers.

I haven't had one since I had my gallbladder out last fall, but I don't doubt that would be the same for me. I do have to be a little more picky about what I eat these days. Fortunately all my very favorites are still legal for me.

Meh, I don't think there's anything wrong with splurging sometimes. I eat whatever I want, I just don't eat it all the time and keep it in moderation.

But you are still young with a strong metabolism. I will gain unwanted weight if I don't eat sensibly most of the time. But I too have a few guilty pleasures that I enjoy every once in awhile. If somebody put a blooming onion in front of me at the restaurant, I would enjoy a bit of it. :)

Howdy folks,

English finals are all written, proofread, finalized and turned in. Turns out, I don't particularly care for writing analytical essays.

Remedial Algebra finals are today. At this point, it's gonna be a breeze as long as I don't get dyslexia when it comes to distribution properties.

I received a calculus book and college algebra book in the mail today. I opened the calculus book up first, took a gander at the table of contents, and immediately determined it to be a foreign language (though some of it DID register as English for me). I opened the Algebra book and smiled as I did all of chapter 1's review exercises in my head.

The fun part of gaining ground on my peers begins today. :deal:

I usually dab my blooming onion on a napkin then add sauce. The grease stays with me for about an hour and a half...

Love the jacket, though. And why do models think they're becoming when they put on such an unhappy face? Looks like a moody teenager whose just been told no cellphone for a week.

The jacket isn't me but I agree I do like it. Put it over a white, navy, or red shirt and shorts and it would work for me. The mixed prints just look messy, unappealing, and are a complete turn off for me. Even by themselves those prints are unappealing and a turn off for me.

But the designers also offer looks that are really pretty and I love to see even though I probably wouldn't buy or wear them either:

project-runway3_1318794i.jpg

Those are pretty, but I wonder where on earth would I wear something like that? A little overdressed for most of the things I like to do . . . or can afford to do! :lol: Those dresses probably cost a lot of money.

Oh no doubt. Again I am a sweatshirt and jeans and moccasins kind of person. If I must dress up a bit, for me it is usually slacks and a turtleneck with good looking running shoes. If I need to REALLY dress up, I add a vest to the turtleneck and loafers. :)
Around the house it's boxers, A-shirt (wife beater shirt) and a open can of beer..........

Love the negative stereotype...... :D

I wear gym shorts or sweats and a pocket T shirt, outside it's jean shorts, jeans, pocket T and a open front long sleeve button down (light or heavy depending on temperature). On rare occasions I wear Dockers, buttoned up button down and a sport coat, the only time I wear my 1800s clothing is obviously when I'm at an event.

I can't imagine having to dress like a woman from the 1800s every day! It probably took them hours to get dressed. Lol.
I visited a plantation in South Carolina on vacation. A woman's outfit around 1860 weighed up to 40 pounds. They were rugged women.

Howdy folks,

English finals are all written, proofread, finalized and turned in. Turns out, I don't particularly care for writing analytical essays.

Remedial Algebra finals are today. At this point, it's gonna be a breeze as long as I don't get dyslexia when it comes to distribution properties.

I received a calculus book and college algebra book in the mail today. I opened the calculus book up first, took a gander at the table of contents, and immediately determined it to be a foreign language (though some of it DID register as English for me). I opened the Algebra book and smiled as I did all of chapter 1's review exercises in my head.

You have all sorts of positive vibes from all of us I am sure. :)

I didn't do well with Algebra in school. They said pie are square and I kept insisting that pie are round.

Howdy folks,

You have all sorts of positive vibes from all of us I am sure. :)

It gives me great positive energy too. I like you people. :)

MrG asked if you could send pitchers of da hood of where you is. I googled it but he wants to see da goats.
I'll see what I can do. Right now, "da hood" is in transition between "fall" (where all the leaves fall down) and winter (when snow covers all those messy leaves). Winter has its own special charm, especially when you have a nice, warm place to watch it from.

Forum List

Back