USMB Coffee Shop IV

I can't sleep either. Been up all night but am beginning to get sleepy. Most likely I will hit the hay before too much longer.

Hoping the move back home is a matter of short term pain for a long term gain Gracie. I will be concerned for you until we can talk again.

Well....

Things change. We are leaving this coming Monday morning at around 3am to avoid traffic and we are going home. I have had enough. This place is awful. And no doctor will refill my meds! So I am still covered on CenCal, so I have to be in my home county to get medications that keep me alive. Which means...home. Plus, the unbearable rules and regulations in this house is just too much, to boot. Today was no different than any other day, and I have passed my limit. Been packing all day. Leaving most here in lieu of rent for the 30 days notice we gave. So on Monday..we will be back home, living in our cars and pretending its camping. Tuesday we hit Social Services to tell them we are truly homeless, make appts with our doctors to get our refills like we have the past 30 years, cram stuff in the small storage unit we rented and get a PO box at the post office until we get a permanent address.

Enough is enough.

So Sunday night will be my last night posting for some time.

Hugs to you all.
Will be thinking of you Gracie. Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you are able :smiliehug:

Well....

Things change. We are leaving this coming Monday morning at around 3am to avoid traffic and we are going home. I have had enough. This place is awful. And no doctor will refill my meds! So I am still covered on CenCal, so I have to be in my home county to get medications that keep me alive. Which means...home. Plus, the unbearable rules and regulations in this house is just too much, to boot. Today was no different than any other day, and I have passed my limit. Been packing all day. Leaving most here in lieu of rent for the 30 days notice we gave. So on Monday..we will be back home, living in our cars and pretending its camping. Tuesday we hit Social Services to tell them we are truly homeless, make appts with our doctors to get our refills like we have the past 30 years, cram stuff in the small storage unit we rented and get a PO box at the post office until we get a permanent address.

Enough is enough.

So Sunday night will be my last night posting for some time.

Hugs to you all.

My heart goes out to you Gracie. You and Mr. G are pretty tough as I cannot imagine having that kind of courage. Maybe when you rent occasional motel room you will have wifi and can check in with us? But if not our hearts and all possible prayer and good vibes are with you that you stay well and your homelessness is extremely short lived.

Just saw this on Facebook- the positively worst baby names recorded in the permanent birth record so far in 2016:

Elizabreth

Meldor

Aliviyah

Mhavrych

Beberly

Danger

Little Sweetmeat

Nevaeh

C'andre

Colon

Abcde

Baby

Merika

Jerica

Panthy

Reighleigh

Appaloosa

Gotham

Yunique

Melanomia

Britney Shakira Beyonce

People name kids all kinds of crazy names these days. Mrs. BBD's nephews and nieces are no exception. Some of the names to me seem just plain silly. What ever happened to names like Bob, Frank, Joe, Ann, Kathy and Rose? The world has gone insane.

Grades are in. Got a 4.0 GPA with these remedial courses.

Billy-Madison-I-Am-The-Smartest-Man-Alive.jpg

People name kids all kinds of crazy names these days. Mrs. BBD's nephews and nieces are no exception. Some of the names to me seem just plain silly. What ever happened to names like Bob, Frank, Joe, Ann, Kathy and Rose? The world has gone insane.

My sister-in-law wanted a little girl from the time she gave birth to her first son. But alas there was boy after boy--no girls. When she was pregnant with her fifth son, we were so glad it was a boy because had he been a girl, born in April, she would have named the baby April Delight. And who wants to go through life as an ice cream sundae?

I pity the kid called Colon when they get around to studying anatomy and physiology :(

There are several names there that would give a kid a lot of grief. Granted kids will always find a way to tease and make fun of others at times, but you don't have to hand them the ammunition.

I thought you had been to the Coffee Shop before Tilly, but your name wasn't on the list. So welcome to you and hope you find a peaceful and accepting home here as many of us have. You do get a nice first timer's complimentary beverage:

It's lethal or benign, however you prefer it.

beauty-cocktail-90409.jpg

I can't sleep either. Been up all night but am beginning to get sleepy. Most likely I will hit the hay before too much longer.
I went to bed at 5am. Been doing more packing and stuff today. Also making phone calls to the rexall at home, my old doctor and his receptionist, the other pharmacy, the vet, the storage place, the inlaws....evryone said they were pleased we were coming back. Too bad none of them have a hole for us to call home though, lol.
Anyway..I am afraid and excited all at the same time. I lost my CenCal...so I have to get to social services as soon as we unload MrGs truck in the storage unit so I can get back on it. So for now...I have no coverage except Medi-Cal...which can only be used for emergencies. Crazy, no? That means no doctor, no mamm that is due this month, no pills...nothing. Unless I keel over from a stroke or heart attack or car wreck or something considered ER. THEN I am covered but for nothing else.

This was a costly costly mistake. I read all the signs wrong, thats for sure. MrG is covered cuz he is on medicare...but I have a year to go before I can be on that. So I will make due the best I can unless CenCal reinstates me..and I hope they do.

To keep from freaking out completely...I consider it a camping trip. And being free to move about wherever we want with no rent due, no utilities, no anything. Just mosey on down the road, stop, rest, picnic in a park where there is GRASS and not DIRT, hang at the beach, eat at fast food places, and use the library a lot to get books to read. How long we will be able to do this remains to be seen, but we are going to try to last as long as we can.:)

I went to bed at 5am. Been doing more packing and stuff today. Also making phone calls to the rexall at home, my old doctor and his receptionist, the other pharmacy, the vet, the storage place, the inlaws....evryone said they were pleased we were coming back. Too bad none of them have a hole for us to call home though, lol.
Anyway..I am afraid and excited all at the same time. I lost my CenCal...so I have to get to social services as soon as we unload MrGs truck in the storage unit so I can get back on it. So for now...I have no coverage except Medi-Cal...which can only be used for emergencies. Crazy, no? That means no doctor, no mamm that is due this month, no pills...nothing. Unless I keel over from a stroke or heart attack or car wreck or something considered ER. THEN I am covered but for nothing else.

This was a costly costly mistake. I read all the signs wrong, thats for sure. MrG is covered cuz he is on medicare...but I have a year to go before I can be on that. So I will make due the best I can unless CenCal reinstates me..and I hope they do.

To keep from freaking out completely...I consider it a camping trip. And being free to move about wherever we want with no rent due, no utilities, no anything. Just mosey on down the road, stop, rest, picnic in a park where there is GRASS and not DIRT, hang at the beach, eat at fast food places, and use the library a lot to get books to read. How long we will be able to do this remains to be seen, but we are going to try to last as long as we can.:)

Well my hat is off to you for keeping this as positive as possible. And I still hope your camping adventure is a very short one.

My sister-in-law wanted a little girl from the time she gave birth to her first son. But alas there was boy after boy--no girls. When she was pregnant with her fifth son, we were so glad it was a boy because had he been a girl, born in April, she would have named the baby April Delight. And who wants to go through life as an ice cream sundae?
Wife wanted daughters and used some sort of Chinese calendar for target dates...nailed it both times.

Lois and Vivian were life long friends. They grew up two doors apart, down at the end of Jefferson Street just off Second Street on the north bank of the Ohio River. They suffered through grade school at the Grant Street Elementary School as Mrs. Duffy drilled spelling words and arithmetic tables into their heads. But their heads were preoccupied by thoughts of running on the deck of Lois' mother's houseboat, swimming in the river and paddling the canoe behind the stern wheelers as they played their way up and down the river.

Yeah, if Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn were born in 1934 and were girls, Mark Twain would have written about The Adventures of Lois and Vivian. The war was on and the girls were already used to a certain level of privation. So meatless Tuesdays and gasoline rationing did not change that much so far as their households were concerned. Shoe during the summer time were superfluous and the girls could get away with wearing the same dress until their mothers did the wash on Monday.

They grew from gangly girls with legs like colts into lovely young high school sophomores before they knew it. That's when the equally gangly boys began to take notice. Vivian caught Jim's eye at a pep rally. Lois met Dale at a Hogh Tri dance. Both of their early romances blossomed into love and, by the early 1950s, they were wed.

(Readers take note: I'm now at 7% power and I have to recharge. The story of Lois and Vivian is just getting started and I am in the process of outlining it here. Thanks for your patience)

Well my hat is off to you for keeping this as positive as possible. And I still hope your camping adventure is a very short one.
Thanky for the kind words. Don't let me fool ya..I am scared shitless, but...there are many in the same boat we are in. At least we have income (SS), credit cards (paid off), 2 cars and some cash. It could be worse.

And..we are free. We can go anywhere we want. Hell, we just might show up on gallantwarrior door for a visit and help him whack some spruce trees. The road is ours..no telling where it will take us. Better yet, it will take us to our low income awaited apartment we are eager for.:)

I have posted on here about my job search. Well, I need a little advice. As I was searching online tonight I found a few positions to send a resume in. I also stumbled across a listing for the job of one of my friends at work. It appears she will either be leaving soon on her own and they posted the soon-to-be opening or they are going to terminate her. Question is, do I tell her about this or not? I have a pretty good idea what I would choose, but interested in hearing from you.

I'd probably tell her. Quitting is fine..but being terminated and not knowing would suck.

Forum List

Back