USMB Coffee Shop IV

Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner! I play the Lucky Day Lotto in Illinois every day. It used to be called the Little Lotto until they changed the name a while back. It's the only lottery game I play. You have to get 5 numbers to win the grand prize. I looked at my ticket this morning and I had 4 of the 5 winning numbers! I won $200.00. So, today in the coffee shop, the donuts are on me.

I played the lottery on Thursday but have not checked the winning numbers yet

I like to wait a few days and make it seem like I have a winning ticket in my wallet

Hmmm. Okay, before we greet you as a new member in the Coffee Shop with all the amenities, can you verify you are new to the Coffee Shop or are you a recycled old member--we know you aren't new to USMB? You are most welcome either way of course. :)

And in my most not so unbiased fashion, I must compliment you on your choice of football teams.

New to this forum, I always seemed to skip past this section.

Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner! I play the Lucky Day Lotto in Illinois every day. It used to be called the Little Lotto until they changed the name a while back. It's the only lottery game I play. You have to get 5 numbers to win the grand prize. I looked at my ticket this morning and I had 4 of the 5 winning numbers! I won $200.00. So, today in the coffee shop, the donuts are on me.

I like to wait a few days and make it seem like I have a winning ticket in my wallet

Hmmm. Okay, before we greet you as a new member in the Coffee Shop with all the amenities, can you verify you are new to the Coffee Shop or are you a recycled old member--we know you aren't new to USMB? You are most welcome either way of course. :)

And in my most not so unbiased fashion, I must compliment you on your choice of football teams.

Well then welcome, welcome. We are so happy you found us and hope you will drop in often. It is a great refuge from the silly season out there when you just want to kick back and enjoy people or have a safe haven for a bit.

First timers do get a complimentary beverage though, so I picked out something special for you:

beer_cowboys.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Well then welcome, welcome. We are so happy you found us and hope you will drop in often. It is a great refuge from the silly season out there when you just want to kick back and enjoy people or have a safe haven for a bit.

First timers do get a complimentary beverage though, so I picked out something special for you:

beer_cowboys.jpg

Thank, so glad we on a bye week tomorrow

Groan... not another Dallas fan? SFC Ollie and Foxy are Dallas fans. They are the only two Dallas fans I know of that don't have "issues". At any rate, welcome to the Coffee Shop fbj and when you want to learn about what football is really all about take a look at my beloved Washington Redskins and the Green Bay Packers! Meanwhile, let me pour you another beverage and fluff your pillow. Welcome.

Groan... not another Dallas fan? SFC Ollie and Foxy are Dallas fans. They are the only two Dallas fans I know of that don't have "issues". At any rate, welcome to the Coffee Shop fbj and when you want to learn about what football is really all about take a look at my beloved Washington Redskins and the Green Bay Packers! Meanwhile, let me pour you another beverage and fluff your pillow. Welcome.

:) Come on BBD, you know you love us Dallas fans. :) (Dallas is doing so well without Romo though that I wonder if Romo will lose his starting position? There have been those seasons that I thought us Dallas fans were terrible gluttons for punishment though.)

I will have to admit that Rogers was brilliant Thursday night. And of course he was Ollie's quarterback on his fantasy team. And I'm against Ollie's team this week. I'm playing Eli Manning who is either wonderful or a bust. It is anybody's guess which it will be tomorrow.

you sound mad. 5-1, don't sweat that

Don't be coy, BBD! Being a Dallas fan is an "issue" all by itself. :lol:

Don't be coy, BBD! Being a Dallas fan is an "issue" all by itself. :lol:
Issues? I know some Cleveland Browns fans! I wonder what that's like?

Ahem! Thou shalt not offend thy friend in the Coffee Shop no matter what sports teams they support. Now mind you I don't know that anybody has or would do that, but just thought I might mention it. :)

(The Cowboys have been doing great though, haven't they.)

Ahem! Thou shalt not offend thy friend in the Coffee Shop no matter what sports teams they support. Now mind you I don't know that anybody has or would do that, but just thought I might mention it. :)

The game against the eagles concerns me next sunday

Why is Dez still in the 'questionable' category and not on IR? I need to know if I need to replace him on my team. In any case, I am always pleasantly surprised when the Cowboys win in any week, and I am optimistic about next Sunday. The 'experts' are even beginning to show Dallas with an edge over their opponents now and then. So don't be too concerned I think.

Why is Dez still in the 'questionable' category and not on IR? I need to know if I need to replace him on my team. In any case, I am always pleasantly surprised when the Cowboys win in any week, and I am optimistic about next Sunday. The 'experts' are even beginning to show Dallas with an edge over their opponents now and then. So don't be too concerned I think.

Dez really is not needed because they are winning

1. with him in the lineup and not producing
2. without him in the lineup at all

trade him to jacksonville

I must honestly admit that I think Dallas has the best looking uniforms in all of football. I think Romo is near the end of his career with Dallas. His replacement is doing very well. They beat my Redskins earlier in the season and I am eagerly awaiting that second game with them. Skins are playing good. Dallas is playing good. Should be a great game.

I must honestly admit that I think Dallas has the best looking uniforms in all of football. I think Romo is near the end of his career with Dallas. His replacement is doing very well. They beat my Redskins earlier in the season and I am eagerly awaiting that second game with them. Skins are playing good. Dallas is playing good. Should be a great game.

Just wish it wasn't on Thanksgiving

Oh well, somebody has to play to Thanksgiving I guess. Might as well be the Skins and Boys. But I wish they would dump all these Thursday games and put all the games on Sundays like they used to be. Maybe there wouldn't be so much burn out among the fans.

For those who know and love SFC Ollie , he just now asked me to pass this information along to everybody and rather than put it in my words, I'll just use his regarding his beloved Mrs. O:

You can pass on that she is definitely in the final stages of liver disease. She had 3 days earlier this week where she didn't know what she was doing and slept 20 hours out of every 24, then she came back for 3 days, and this afternoon started slipping back into confusion. You can let them know that Home Hospice is giving her better care than if she were in the hospital... And you can tell them that I am holding steady....for now....​

Last edited:

Oh well, somebody has to play to Thanksgiving I guess. Might as well be the Skins and Boys. But I wish they would dump all these Thursday games and put all the games on Sundays like they used to be. Maybe there wouldn't be so much burn out among the fans.

I like easy games on Thanksgiving like Cleveland

For those who know and love SFC Ollie , he just now asked me to pass this information along to everybody and rather than put it in my words, I'll just use his regarding his beloved Mrs. O:

You can pass on that she is definitely in the final stages of liver disease. She had 3 days earlier this week where she didn't know what she was doing and slept 20 hours out of every 24, then she came back for 3 days, and this afternoon started slipping back into confusion. You can let them know that Home Hospice is giving her better care than if she were in the hospital... And you can tell them that I am holding steady....for now....​

I know Foxy. :cry::cry:

Change of plans. We are leaving tomorrow at 9am. I am afraid to drive the ribbons of LA freeways at night because I want to keep MrGs truck in view and he keep the van in view..and at night...we could lose each other in that mess. So...daytime is the best time we think. We also got him his own cell phone in case we do get separated and lost. We also made a reservation at our home turf in one of the motels so after the long drive, we can rest, shower, and be refreshed to do what needs done on Monday.
So tonight will be my last post for awhile. Coyote has my cell number and I have hers, in case I don't get back in here within the next month or so and she can let y'all know we are still alive and nomading around our own turf while looking for a more permanent roof.

I wish you all well, and special prayers for Ollie and Mrs Ollie.

Y'all take care, and hopefully I will see you guys again soon.

Love you guys. You have been a major source of our strength to get thru this.

Hugs

Forum List

Back