USMB Coffee Shop IV

Change of plans. We are leaving tomorrow at 9am. I am afraid to drive the ribbons of LA freeways at night because I want to keep MrGs truck in view and he keep the van in view..and at night...we could lose each other in that mess. So...daytime is the best time we think. We also got him his own cell phone in case we do get separated and lost. We also made a reservation at our home turf in one of the motels so after the long drive, we can rest, shower, and be refreshed to do what needs done on Monday.
So tonight will be my last post for awhile. Coyote has my cell number and I have hers, in case I don't get back in here within the next month or so and she can let y'all know we are still alive and nomading around our own turf while looking for a more permanent roof.

I wish you all well, and special prayers for Ollie and Mrs Ollie.

Y'all take care, and hopefully I will see you guys again soon.

Love you guys. You have been a major source of our strength to get thru this.

Hugs

I pray all goes for the very best for you and MrG. :smiliehug::smiliehug::smiliehug:

Change of plans. We are leaving tomorrow at 9am. I am afraid to drive the ribbons of LA freeways at night because I want to keep MrGs truck in view and he keep the van in view..and at night...we could lose each other in that mess. So...daytime is the best time we think. We also got him his own cell phone in case we do get separated and lost. We also made a reservation at our home turf in one of the motels so after the long drive, we can rest, shower, and be refreshed to do what needs done on Monday.
So tonight will be my last post for awhile. Coyote has my cell number and I have hers, in case I don't get back in here within the next month or so and she can let y'all know we are still alive and nomading around our own turf while looking for a more permanent roof.

I wish you all well, and special prayers for Ollie and Mrs Ollie.

Y'all take care, and hopefully I will see you guys again soon.

Love you guys. You have been a major source of our strength to get thru this.

Hugs

Well be sending all sorts of supporting vibes your way Gracie.

Happy Sunday! :)

84be752bf6d9c7d1825a64b4c50cc3e6.jpg

Hombre and I were up early this morning sprucing up the house. My aunt who recently lost her husband, my Uncle Ed, is still having a tough time adjusting so we're having her over for lunch and an afternoon of movies. She accepted so quickly that I'm thinking she needs a day like that. Good thing Dallas has a bye this week as Hombre will be giving up his football games on the big screen. (He can still watch in the bedroom if he has too severe withdrawal.)

Mr. and Mrs. Gracie should be on the road back to her beloved central coast within the hour. Godspeed for them. And I'm sure our hearts and thoughts remain with SFC Ollie and Mrs. O as he cares for the love of his life in this difficult time.

I'm enjoying puttering in the kitchen getting some make ahead side dishes done and then the centerpiece of our Sunday lunch will be chicken fried stead, mashed potatoes, and gravy.

Hope all are having as pleasant a Sunday as possible.

Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner! I play the Lucky Day Lotto in Illinois every day. It used to be called the Little Lotto until they changed the name a while back. It's the only lottery game I play. You have to get 5 numbers to win the grand prize. I looked at my ticket this morning and I had 4 of the 5 winning numbers! I won $200.00. So, today in the coffee shop, the donuts are on me.

Woo hoo. The most I ever won was $2.00 on a $1.00 ticket. But doubling your money isn't bad. :) I would think you should get more than $200 for 4 numbers though.

I got five numbers on the British lottery in 1998, I won £1182. By now I have paid back more than that doing the lottery every week.

I visited a plantation in South Carolina on vacation. A woman's outfit around 1860 weighed up to 40 pounds. They were rugged women.
Depended on the outfit and most women didn't wear all of that, they couldn't afford it, most wore what was called a day dress and if one was traveling the hoop would be packed not worn. The wife said the biggest issue for her was the corset, she tried to wear one many many moons ago and couldn't stand it, even tied relatively loose. They were practical in one aspect, they wore split crotch pantelettes which means they didn't have to strip all those layers off to use the bathroom.........
OK, what's the difference between "corset" and "stays"?
The stays (whale bone or wood) are part of the corset and the precursor to the corset was called a stay from the 1600s until the mid 1700s when the first corset was originally made with quilted linen without the bones/wood stays. The stays were reintroduced later with a lighter (unquilted) version of the corset.
Which version would have been considered more "comfortable", and why would women have considered such things acceptable?
You'd have to ask my wife......... Personally I've never worn either........ :D
Has she?

Well....

Things change. We are leaving this coming Monday morning at around 3am to avoid traffic and we are going home. I have had enough. This place is awful. And no doctor will refill my meds! So I am still covered on CenCal, so I have to be in my home county to get medications that keep me alive. Which means...home. Plus, the unbearable rules and regulations in this house is just too much, to boot. Today was no different than any other day, and I have passed my limit. Been packing all day. Leaving most here in lieu of rent for the 30 days notice we gave. So on Monday..we will be back home, living in our cars and pretending its camping. Tuesday we hit Social Services to tell them we are truly homeless, make appts with our doctors to get our refills like we have the past 30 years, cram stuff in the small storage unit we rented and get a PO box at the post office until we get a permanent address.

Enough is enough.

So Sunday night will be my last night posting for some time.

Hugs to you all.
Hugs back, Gracie! I do so hope things go well for you, and Mr. G...and the fur-fam. Bless you all!

I pity the kid called Colon when they get around to studying anatomy and physiology :(

There are several names there that would give a kid a lot of grief. Granted kids will always find a way to tease and make fun of others at times, but you don't have to hand them the ammunition.

I thought you had been to the Coffee Shop before Tilly, but your name wasn't on the list. So welcome to you and hope you find a peaceful and accepting home here as many of us have. You do get a nice first timer's complimentary beverage:

It's lethal or benign, however you prefer it.

beauty-cocktail-90409.jpg
When my daughter was born, I was very much a fan of The Lord of the Rings and wanted to name her Galadriel. Her other parental unit managed to call her something much more normal.

I can't sleep either. Been up all night but am beginning to get sleepy. Most likely I will hit the hay before too much longer.
I went to bed at 5am. Been doing more packing and stuff today. Also making phone calls to the rexall at home, my old doctor and his receptionist, the other pharmacy, the vet, the storage place, the inlaws....evryone said they were pleased we were coming back. Too bad none of them have a hole for us to call home though, lol.
Anyway..I am afraid and excited all at the same time. I lost my CenCal...so I have to get to social services as soon as we unload MrGs truck in the storage unit so I can get back on it. So for now...I have no coverage except Medi-Cal...which can only be used for emergencies. Crazy, no? That means no doctor, no mamm that is due this month, no pills...nothing. Unless I keel over from a stroke or heart attack or car wreck or something considered ER. THEN I am covered but for nothing else.

This was a costly costly mistake. I read all the signs wrong, thats for sure. MrG is covered cuz he is on medicare...but I have a year to go before I can be on that. So I will make due the best I can unless CenCal reinstates me..and I hope they do.

To keep from freaking out completely...I consider it a camping trip. And being free to move about wherever we want with no rent due, no utilities, no anything. Just mosey on down the road, stop, rest, picnic in a park where there is GRASS and not DIRT, hang at the beach, eat at fast food places, and use the library a lot to get books to read. How long we will be able to do this remains to be seen, but we are going to try to last as long as we can.:)

Well my hat is off to you for keeping this as positive as possible. And I still hope your camping adventure is a very short one.
Thanky for the kind words. Don't let me fool ya..I am scared shitless, but...there are many in the same boat we are in. At least we have income (SS), credit cards (paid off), 2 cars and some cash. It could be worse.

And..we are free. We can go anywhere we want. Hell, we just might show up on gallantwarrior door for a visit and help him whack some spruce trees. The road is ours..no telling where it will take us. Better yet, it will take us to our low income awaited apartment we are eager for.:)
Gracie, you all are always welcome here. It's toasty warm in the cabin, as long as you tote in the wood. I'd be more than happy to have someone occupy the place for a while...seriously. Your dog would love it!

For those who know and love SFC Ollie , he just now asked me to pass this information along to everybody and rather than put it in my words, I'll just use his regarding his beloved Mrs. O:

You can pass on that she is definitely in the final stages of liver disease. She had 3 days earlier this week where she didn't know what she was doing and slept 20 hours out of every 24, then she came back for 3 days, and this afternoon started slipping back into confusion. You can let them know that Home Hospice is giving her better care than if she were in the hospital... And you can tell them that I am holding steady....for now....​
Pass on my most heartfelt condolences, please, Foxy. SFC and Mrs. Ollie deserve all the best.

Depended on the outfit and most women didn't wear all of that, they couldn't afford it, most wore what was called a day dress and if one was traveling the hoop would be packed not worn. The wife said the biggest issue for her was the corset, she tried to wear one many many moons ago and couldn't stand it, even tied relatively loose. They were practical in one aspect, they wore split crotch pantelettes which means they didn't have to strip all those layers off to use the bathroom.........
OK, what's the difference between "corset" and "stays"?
The stays (whale bone or wood) are part of the corset and the precursor to the corset was called a stay from the 1600s until the mid 1700s when the first corset was originally made with quilted linen without the bones/wood stays. The stays were reintroduced later with a lighter (unquilted) version of the corset.
Which version would have been considered more "comfortable", and why would women have considered such things acceptable?
You'd have to ask my wife......... Personally I've never worn either........ :D
Has she?
Corset yes, stay no, hated the corset.

For those who know and love SFC Ollie , he just now asked me to pass this information along to everybody and rather than put it in my words, I'll just use his regarding his beloved Mrs. O:

You can pass on that she is definitely in the final stages of liver disease. She had 3 days earlier this week where she didn't know what she was doing and slept 20 hours out of every 24, then she came back for 3 days, and this afternoon started slipping back into confusion. You can let them know that Home Hospice is giving her better care than if she were in the hospital... And you can tell them that I am holding steady....for now....​
Pass on my most heartfelt condolences, please, Foxy. SFC and Mrs. Ollie deserve all the best.

I will GW. Or Ollie will see it himself. He glances in here now and then I think.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

This is Berlin Lake on the Mahoning River in Ohio

USACE_Berlin_Dam_Mahoning_River.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

This is Berlin Lake on the Mahoning River in Ohio

USACE_Berlin_Dam_Mahoning_River.jpg

Beautiful!!

Well....

Things change. We are leaving this coming Monday morning at around 3am to avoid traffic and we are going home. I have had enough. This place is awful. And no doctor will refill my meds! So I am still covered on CenCal, so I have to be in my home county to get medications that keep me alive. Which means...home. Plus, the unbearable rules and regulations in this house is just too much, to boot. Today was no different than any other day, and I have passed my limit. Been packing all day. Leaving most here in lieu of rent for the 30 days notice we gave. So on Monday..we will be back home, living in our cars and pretending its camping. Tuesday we hit Social Services to tell them we are truly homeless, make appts with our doctors to get our refills like we have the past 30 years, cram stuff in the small storage unit we rented and get a PO box at the post office until we get a permanent address.

Enough is enough.

So Sunday night will be my last night posting for some time.

Hugs to you all.

I admire the sound of your determination. The Universe will compensate you for your trials. Always be stubborn!

Groan... not another Dallas fan? SFC Ollie and Foxy are Dallas fans. They are the only two Dallas fans I know of that don't have "issues". At any rate, welcome to the Coffee Shop fbj and when you want to learn about what football is really all about take a look at my beloved Washington Redskins and the Green Bay Packers! Meanwhile, let me pour you another beverage and fluff your pillow. Welcome.

Don't be coy, BBD! Being a Dallas fan is an "issue" all by itself. :lol:

I was a Cubs fan before they made it to the World Series. :afro:

Groan... not another Dallas fan? SFC Ollie and Foxy are Dallas fans. They are the only two Dallas fans I know of that don't have "issues". At any rate, welcome to the Coffee Shop fbj and when you want to learn about what football is really all about take a look at my beloved Washington Redskins and the Green Bay Packers! Meanwhile, let me pour you another beverage and fluff your pillow. Welcome.

Don't be coy, BBD! Being a Dallas fan is an "issue" all by itself. :lol:

I was a Cubs fan before they made it to the World Series. :afro:

:) Should have been the Rangers, yes? But given that the Cubs haven't been in the series since Noah's flood, I just have to go with them.

Forum List

Back