USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've been noticing more and more lately, that I'll have entire conversations with my dad about something, and the next day, or days later, he'll ask me the same exact question that kicked off that conversation we already had.

And he's completely oblivious to it, every time. :(

I've been noticing more and more lately, that I'll have entire conversations with my dad about something, and the next day, or days later, he'll ask me the same exact question that kicked off that conversation we already had.

So sorry Sixfoot. It sometimes happens to those getting older. But do call it to the attention of his doctor because there are sometimes medical means of improving things.

Happy Tuesday! :)

83895-Have-A-Happy-Tuesday.jpg

Those are pretty, but I wonder where on earth would I wear something like that? A little overdressed for most of the things I like to do . . . or can afford to do! :lol: Those dresses probably cost a lot of money.

Oh no doubt. Again I am a sweatshirt and jeans and moccasins kind of person. If I must dress up a bit, for me it is usually slacks and a turtleneck with good looking running shoes. If I need to REALLY dress up, I add a vest to the turtleneck and loafers. :)
Around the house it's boxers, A-shirt (wife beater shirt) and a open can of beer..........

Love the negative stereotype...... :D

I wear gym shorts or sweats and a pocket T shirt, outside it's jean shorts, jeans, pocket T and a open front long sleeve button down (light or heavy depending on temperature). On rare occasions I wear Dockers, buttoned up button down and a sport coat, the only time I wear my 1800s clothing is obviously when I'm at an event.

I can't imagine having to dress like a woman from the 1800s every day! It probably took them hours to get dressed. Lol.
I visited a plantation in South Carolina on vacation. A woman's outfit around 1860 weighed up to 40 pounds. They were rugged women.
Depended on the outfit and most women didn't wear all of that, they couldn't afford it, most wore what was called a day dress and if one was traveling the hoop would be packed not worn. The wife said the biggest issue for her was the corset, she tried to wear one many many moons ago and couldn't stand it, even tied relatively loose. They were practical in one aspect, they wore split crotch pantelettes which means they didn't have to strip all those layers off to use the bathroom.........
I suspected most women weren't carrying around 40 pounds of clothes everyday. BUT
one day when I was throwing a fit because mom wanted me to wear a slip (the lace was scratchy) my grandma told me that when she was a girl (this would have been about 1900) she wore 13 petticoats to the dances so her skirt would be full. Just FYI

So sorry Sixfoot. It sometimes happens to those getting older. But do call it to the attention of his doctor because there are sometimes medical means of improving things.

He won't be my first patient suffering from Alzheimer's, but he will be the worst. It figures too, since we just recently started building a relationship.

Oh well, I've inhaled enough aluminum dust that I prolly won't remember this for very long either...

Oh no doubt. Again I am a sweatshirt and jeans and moccasins kind of person. If I must dress up a bit, for me it is usually slacks and a turtleneck with good looking running shoes. If I need to REALLY dress up, I add a vest to the turtleneck and loafers. :)
Around the house it's boxers, A-shirt (wife beater shirt) and a open can of beer..........

I wear gym shorts or sweats and a pocket T shirt, outside it's jean shorts, jeans, pocket T and a open front long sleeve button down (light or heavy depending on temperature). On rare occasions I wear Dockers, buttoned up button down and a sport coat, the only time I wear my 1800s clothing is obviously when I'm at an event.

I can't imagine having to dress like a woman from the 1800s every day! It probably took them hours to get dressed. Lol.
I visited a plantation in South Carolina on vacation. A woman's outfit around 1860 weighed up to 40 pounds. They were rugged women.
Depended on the outfit and most women didn't wear all of that, they couldn't afford it, most wore what was called a day dress and if one was traveling the hoop would be packed not worn. The wife said the biggest issue for her was the corset, she tried to wear one many many moons ago and couldn't stand it, even tied relatively loose. They were practical in one aspect, they wore split crotch pantelettes which means they didn't have to strip all those layers off to use the bathroom.........
I suspected most women weren't carrying around 40 pounds of clothes everyday. BUT
one day when I was throwing a fit because mom wanted me to wear a slip (the lace was scratchy) my grandma told me that when she was a girl (this would have been about 1900) she wore 13 petticoats to the dances so her skirt would be full. Just FYI

That was the trend in the 50's too, but the custom was two or three cotton petticoats starched stiff or soaked in sugar water so they would be stiff when they dried. A limp skirt just wasn't in.

He won't be my first patient suffering from Alzheimer's, but he will be the worst. It figures too, since we just recently started building a relationship.

Oh well, I've inhaled enough aluminum dust that I prolly won't remember this for very long either...

But cherish this time you have with him Sixfoot. You won't regret it.

That was the trend in the 50's too, but the custom was two or three cotton petticoats starched stiff or soaked in sugar water so they would be stiff when they dried. A limp skirt just wasn't in.
My mom had one of nylon tulle, lots of layers of ruffles.

My boss, in an effort to 'go green', recently installed air hand dryers in the restrooms in lieu of paper towels. But he bought the least effective hand dryers made by man. You could waste a minute and a half waiting for these inept machines to dry your hands before you give up and wipe them dry on your pants.

Saturday night I was in a restaurant that had these high tech Dyson blade hand dryers. They look like this:

Dyson_Airblade_Transparent_BG.png

And that got me thinking, how much did the 'wipe your hands on your pants' dryers cost compared to the George Jetson style Dyson model.

So I explored Amazon to find a quick answer. What I found was these Dyson dryers had lousy reviews! Mostly one and two stars. So I read through the reviews to see what the complaints were. The best review I read started: WORST URINAL EVER!

My boss, in an effort to 'go green', recently installed air hand dryers in the restrooms in lieu of paper towels. But he bought the least effective hand dryers made by man. You could waste a minute and a half waiting for these inept machines to dry your hands before you give up and wipe them dry on your pants.

Saturday night I was in a restaurant that had these high tech Dyson blade hand dryers. They look like this:

And that got me thinking, how much did the 'wipe your hands on your pants' dryers cost compared to the George Jetson style Dyson model.

So I explored Amazon to find a quick answer. What I found was these Dyson dryers had lousy reviews! Mostly one and two stars. So I read through the reviews to see what the complaints were. The best review I read started: WORST URINAL EVER!

LOL. I hate those air dryers even when they work well. I much prefer the feeling of that paper towel though I do try to make do with one so I am not wasteful. I wonder in the grand scheme of thing how green those dryers are though because I suspect they use a LOT of energy. And most paper towels are made from fully replaceable scrub trees that aren't much good for anything else other than the benefits of green growing things.

LOL. I hate those air dryers even when they work well. I much prefer the feeling of that paper towel though I do try to make do with one so I am not wasteful. I wonder in the grand scheme of thing how green those dryers are though because I suspect they use a LOT of energy. And most paper towels are made from fully replaceable scrub trees that aren't much good for anything else other than the benefits of green growing things.
I've gone in and splashed water on my face...and then realized all there is are air dryers. Ever try blowing dry your face?

The wattage rating on the ones in my office are 750. Poor power to effect good and thorough drying. The Dyson is rated at 1800 watts, but the time of usage is down around 25 seconds, one third the time it takes our dryers to even get started.

I'm a fan of the EXCELERATOR. A hand dryer that blows the flesh of your hands around so violently that they look exactly as your hands would if you're free falling from 14,000 feet.

Last edited:

I tend to use two..and I am not wasteful either! LOL

I tend to use two..and I am not wasteful either! LOL

I use one to open the door. Germaphobe in these bathrooms ya know. :lol:

The wattage rating on the ones in my office are 750. Poor power to effect good and thorough drying. The Dyson is rated at 1800 watts, but the time of usage is down around 25 seconds, one third the time it takes our dryers to even get started.

I'm a fan of the EXCELERATOR. A hand dryer that blows the flesh of your hands around so violently that they look exactly as your hands would if you're free falling from 14,000 feet.
Every time I see an Excelerator on a wall I look for the wall tether........ and the blast shield....... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back