USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well I did what Foxfyre and Ringel suggested.
Still not connecting and says IP address is wrong.
I suspect my PC has been hacked like Ringel suggested.
Gotta take it in to the shop.
That means driving to the big city of Sierra Vista, which I hate to do.
Don't like going to Benson, let alone S.V. or Tucson. :mad: :(
I'm a country type gal, not a big city gal.:D

Sorry it didn't work Peach. I am so untechie all I know to do with these high tech things is unplug and replug or reboot.

I know and it's so fustrating.
Not like I don't need anymore than I already have. Geez......
Is it grounds to call verbal spouse abuse, when hubby is still calling me Medusa every once in a while? :lol:

Maybe, he means, you're enough beautiful to turn him to stone?

Well, I don't think electrified hair dancing around me is beautiful. :(

Why not, it's Einstein style! :)

That's fine and dandy for Men, but not Women.
Maybe it's accepted more with males, because boy babies stick their fingers in light sockets, more than girl babies. :dunno:

Morning! :)

Sleep-Meme-Baby.jpg

For somebody just learning English, you've got a heck of a good start on it. :)

Thanks a lot! But because I work periodically with US users, I need to understand easily, what they need :)

No worries. I was just teasing you because you got Darkwind's American joke so quickly. I was impressed. :)

I've just found analogue in Russian :) Russian obscentities are highly contextual, you're may even to construct whole sentence, using only one word :))))

American profanity is sometimes the same way. A **** following a particular action or event is the shortened version of "Oh dear, that didn't work out well did it?" or "I really screwed up" or "Mercy me, that was scary" etc.

I tried to be a desert gal, but it just didn't pan out. I like greenery. Lots of it. And hopefully, this room we are told will be ours until WE choose to leave...happens.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I'll admit I loved living in country with green lawns and deciduous trees and you didn't have to water so often because there was usually sufficient rain. And I missed it when we moved back to New Mexico.

But there is something magical or mystical about the high desert. When I am really struggling with something, I sometimes drive out away from all evidence of civilization except for the road, get out of the car and just be there. I'm not exactly praying. I'm just there. I don't know if it is the ancient Indian spirits communing subconciously or what, but it is a spiritual experience. And somehow I am calmer and less anxious or whatever.

I can't explain it. But for me it is real.

(And yeah, my autocorrect put dessert up there, but I saw and fixed it in time. :) )

I tried to be a desert gal, but it just didn't pan out. I like greenery. Lots of it. And hopefully, this room we are told will be ours until WE choose to leave...happens.

I'll admit I loved living in country with green lawns and deciduous trees and you didn't have to water so often because there was usually sufficient rain. And I missed it when we moved back to New Mexico.

But there is something magical or mystical about the high desert. When I am really struggling with something, I sometimes drive out away from all evidence of civilization except for the road, get out of the car and just be there. I'm not exactly praying. I'm just there. I don't know if it is the ancient Indian spirits communing subconciously or what, but it is a spiritual experience. And somehow I am calmer and less anxious or whatever.

(And yeah, my autocorrect put dessert up there, but I saw and fixed it in time. :) )

You can get that same feeling up at Cochise Stronghold, even stronger when there's a breeze.

Cochise Stronghold - Coronado National Forest

You can get that same feeling up at Cochise Stronghold, even stronger when there's a breeze.

Cochise Stronghold - Coronado National Forest

I know it was auto correct.
I couldn't help myself, from a playful funny. :)
And I still like Pooh better. :lol:

[
Yep. But...here he is MrG, please. *Wink*.
Can you edit?

You need to edit it out of your quote too Gracie. Darn auto correct miss spelled Bob...
I know. But the PC is down and it's too late now to edit anyway.

MrG...aka *Bob* says hello. [emoji8]

Make sure Bob leaves you some dry towels in the bathroom.

I almost made the fatal mistake of using a Mrs. Liberty hair towel as a general use bath towel last week. Let's just say I am well aware of which shelf is which for now.

This will make more sense to those who do Facebook a lot but sometime in the Coffee Shop too. . .and I wouldn't change a thing.

15085523_1551352038225228_5743433280595678323_n.jpg
Holy Shiite!! That's my partner. He doesn't "do" facebook, but he certainly does all that, for real. I feel sorry for waitpersons, cashiers, and tellers who have to deal with him. He's that person.

Grannies, walking in park, or sitting on benches near entrances usually acting so :) And having success...

P.S. Usually more success, than any investigators and FSB agents :)
I'm happy to see you've made it to the USMB Coffee Shop! I think you'll get a lot of practice with your English here. Welcome.
Я счастлив видеть, что Вы сделали это к Буфету USMB! Я думаю, что Вы получите большую практику с вашим английским языком здесь. Приветствовать.

So, the workers finally came back yesterday. Declared they were going to get someone else in to start the fireplace and started on the upstairs bathroom, which is the first project that was supposed to be finished. They have not come back yet today and it's after 10AM.......I will never hire Hispanic workers again. They use language as an excuse to do a crappy job, to not show up on time and for buying the wrong materials or not buying them at all. And I've gone through two sets of Hispanic contractors and their workers on this project.

I think you just had bad luck Sheila. Most contractors around here are Hispanic and there are a lot of really good ones--show up on time, do good work, stay within budget. But whatever the ethnicity, there are some that aren't good too. Good luck on finding a good one somewhere.

What I told my Japanese students was that they were ambassadors for their country, their city and their family. What they do, reflects on all of them. The same goes with these Hispanic contractors. There probably are good ones out there but at this point, I'm not taking any more chances.
Japanese? You speak Japanese? We did not cover that during your visit. Maybe you can help me master a few basic phrases before I go over the pond to visit the family in Okinawa? I know "koneecheewha" and "don'ttouchamymustache".

Ah. Big bed all to myself. All lights on. Heater blasting away and us all toasty warm. Real toilet, shower with real hot water. This, my friends, is heaven.

So many people fail to cherish things they take for granted. Too bad. Maybe many more people would understand where you guys are right now (I don't mean the CS, of course).

Forum List

Back