USMB Coffee Shop IV

OK detectives...answer me this if you can:

I have had diarrhea for over 2 weeks. Nothing has changed in food habits. Last night, we stayed at the motel. Tonight, we are back in the RV. I did my morning thing, and it was back to normal. About an hour ago, I have been running to the bathroom every hour. Is this RV poisoning me????

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Contaminated water source? Hose?

The ants have been staying near the sink area all this time, and the counter. I use a lot of bleach spray after cooking. All foods are in the fridge. But I just discovered them in the bathroom closet in our meds!

They are now everywhere. Maybe the bleach spraying is doing it although I air out the RV afterwards. Maybe it's all the bleach?.

I think I will sleep in my van tonight...see if that changes anything. Or...get another motel room over the weekend. Gonna cost me, but damn...I can't keep running to the dam pot!

I have had diarrhea for over 2 weeks. Nothing has changed in food habits. Last night, we stayed at the motel. Tonight, we are back in the RV. I did my morning thing, and it was back to normal. About an hour ago, I have been running to the bathroom every hour. Is this RV poisoning me????

We don't drink that water. We drnk bottled water. But I use the tank water via the hose hookup for washing dishes. But...may I need to rinse them with bottled water?

We don't drink that water. We drnk bottled water. But I use the tank water via the hose hookup for washing dishes. But...may I need to rinse them with bottled water?

Water is a common source of your problem.

I need to go get more water then. Lots of it. Wash, rinse, drnk, shampoo with all bottled water. Only use the incoming water for flushing the toilet, washing my hands, then using that Purcell stuff on my hands afterwards.

So, the workers finally came back yesterday. Declared they were going to get someone else in to start the fireplace and started on the upstairs bathroom, which is the first project that was supposed to be finished. They have not come back yet today and it's after 10AM.......I will never hire Hispanic workers again. They use language as an excuse to do a crappy job, to not show up on time and for buying the wrong materials or not buying them at all. And I've gone through two sets of Hispanic contractors and their workers on this project.

I think you just had bad luck Sheila. Most contractors around here are Hispanic and there are a lot of really good ones--show up on time, do good work, stay within budget. But whatever the ethnicity, there are some that aren't good too. Good luck on finding a good one somewhere.

What I told my Japanese students was that they were ambassadors for their country, their city and their family. What they do, reflects on all of them. The same goes with these Hispanic contractors. There probably are good ones out there but at this point, I'm not taking any more chances.
Japanese? You speak Japanese? We did not cover that during your visit. Maybe you can help me master a few basic phrases before I go over the pond to visit the family in Okinawa? I know "koneecheewha" and "don'ttouchamymustache".

LOL, I've got a friend who got very angry with me because every single time she got close to pronouncing that right, I'd say "Don't touch my mustache" and she'd be back to the beginning again. I'm so mean. I taught Japanese student in an English Immersion program. There was a Japanese tour guide to translate if I needed it I almost never did, you'd be surprised what you can communicate using gestures and pictures. Suitcase wa doka deska, is something I remember. I think ginka is bank, and a few other words. I've forgotten a lot of what I learned. Sumimasen is excuse me, I used that a lot. It's kind of crowded in Tokyo. I haven't been to Okinawa though. I highly recommend this book https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DZ5MAQI/?tag=ff0d01-20 and a good phrase book.

Well, it makes sense with the water probably being the problem. And, it makes it worse having the shits (sorry) with ants everywhere..even on the toilet paper....so... tomorrow we are going to set off ant bomb foggers and stay at the motel overnight again as it supposedly kills them. Saturday, we come back, air it all out, clean the hell out of the RV and see if that does the trick. I don't think it will, personally...that fog bomb won't get inside the walls where the colony is, but the RV owners think it will. So, we will bomb it per their request. Then, for the next month, we will only wash and rinse dishes with bottled water, and I will use the harbor patrol showers fishermen use to wash my hair 2 times a week. I will also start showering there too. It's 25 cents for 2 minutes for hot water. Guess I better get a couple rolls of quarters, eh?

One more month of this. Then, back to humanity in our very own room that has its own bathroom and kitchen privileges!

I hope nothing goes wrong. If I lose much more weight, I am going to look like a stick...with no hair since it seems to be falling out.

Homelessness is not fun. Trust me on this.

Save may be onto something Gracie. Are you using only bottled water? If not, then you may have a problem with the water supply in the RV.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Hombre for wellness,
Big Black Dog for healing,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

667898-beautiful-winter-night.jpg

Wait! One more mini semi rant:

My ex landlord stopped by to tell me that some guy called him for a reference and he gave rave reviews and wanted me to know he did. Then he asked if there was anything he could do for us....and I bit my tongue and just smiled and thanked him and waved as he drove off. What I WANTED to say was "why yes! You could have let us stay in our STILL vacant home you were so anxious to get...even if it was the smallest room to camp in, have a bathroom, use the NEW washer we GAVE you that is still there, use OUR fridge we left for you... especially on these very cold nights AND get paid to boot for a temp stay until feb 8th!"

But I didn't. I should have though.

So, the workers finally came back yesterday. Declared they were going to get someone else in to start the fireplace and started on the upstairs bathroom, which is the first project that was supposed to be finished. They have not come back yet today and it's after 10AM.......I will never hire Hispanic workers again. They use language as an excuse to do a crappy job, to not show up on time and for buying the wrong materials or not buying them at all. And I've gone through two sets of Hispanic contractors and their workers on this project.

I think you just had bad luck Sheila. Most contractors around here are Hispanic and there are a lot of really good ones--show up on time, do good work, stay within budget. But whatever the ethnicity, there are some that aren't good too. Good luck on finding a good one somewhere.

What I told my Japanese students was that they were ambassadors for their country, their city and their family. What they do, reflects on all of them. The same goes with these Hispanic contractors. There probably are good ones out there but at this point, I'm not taking any more chances.
Japanese? You speak Japanese? We did not cover that during your visit. Maybe you can help me master a few basic phrases before I go over the pond to visit the family in Okinawa? I know "koneecheewha" and "don'ttouchamymustache".

Also "kawai" and "banzai" :)

Cast is off arm. Took a long hot shower without having arm in a plactic bag. Nice! Think I might survive. Arm doesn't hurt but it feels like it weighs a ton. Guess I can come off of Foxy's concerns list until something else happens to me! Now, to deal with that cat... Here kitty kitty kitty.

Forum List

Back