USMB Coffee Shop IV

4c5cf82fdd7a21a1113033a673ca647d.jpg

:redface:

Cast is off arm. Took a long hot shower without having arm in a plactic bag. Nice! Think I might survive. Arm doesn't hurt but it feels like it weighs a ton. Guess I can come off of Foxy's concerns list until something else happens to me! Now, to deal with that cat... Here kitty kitty kitty.

Careful this one has moves:

judo+cat.jpg

Funny-Animal-Pictures-16.jpg

Iz waiting to join the MACA.

Wait! One more mini semi rant:

My ex landlord stopped by to tell me that some guy called him for a reference and he gave rave reviews and wanted me to know he did. Then he asked if there was anything he could do for us....and I bit my tongue and just smiled and thanked him and waved as he drove off. What I WANTED to say was "why yes! You could have let us stay in our STILL vacant home you were so anxious to get...even if it was the smallest room to camp in, have a bathroom, use the NEW washer we GAVE you that is still there, use OUR fridge we left for you... especially on these very cold nights AND get paid to boot for a temp stay until feb 8th!"

But I didn't. I should have though.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

:( That definitely merited a rant. There are no words. But you were probably wise to not let him have a piece of your mind as you could possibly need that reference later on.

Good morning, coffee shop. Yep, I'm up early today. It is snowing like CRAZY here right now. :ack-1:

We have 15 degrees and solid snow/ice on all streets and interstates in town this morning. And we have to leave in a few to go to the mountain where it is even worse, pick up my 90-year-old aunt and get her down town--that's a pretty long drive especially on ice--for a doctor's appointment this morning. Not looking forward to it.

You do get to stay in today yes?

Cast is off arm. Took a long hot shower without having arm in a plactic bag. Nice! Think I might survive. Arm doesn't hurt but it feels like it weighs a ton. Guess I can come off of Foxy's concerns list until something else happens to me! Now, to deal with that cat... Here kitty kitty kitty.

Good news BBD, That was pretty quick healing and glad it wasn't worse.

Now, 6th January is a birthday of Sherlock Holmes:

Sherlock-Holmes1.gif

Awesome person! Which movie about him you've seen? :)

I saw at least one movie about him with Robert Downey, Jr. :)

Oh, very funny, but not canonical version.... And what about series with Cumberbatch and Freeman? :)

P.S.
BBC-Sherlock-Hobbit-Shadows.jpg

That is the version of Holmes I've enjoyed most, of the ones I've seen.

I haven't watched the show Elementary, but have been told it was good in the earlier seasons.

Sherlock-Holmes1.gif

Oh, very funny, but not canonical version.... And what about series with Cumberbatch and Freeman? :)

P.S.
I like that one, Kahn playing Holmes and Bilbo playing Dr Watson........... :D
Of course the shadow relates to Cumberbatch's role in The Hobbit, Smaug. :thup:

Today ir's impossibly cold. The dashboard thermometer read 4 on the way down St. Clair Avenue this morning. At noon, we hit our high t mperature for the day. 11.

Sunday my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers play the Miami Dolphins at Heinz Field. The sports talk radio station here had one of the Miami sportscasters on to talk about the upcoming game. He bragged not once but twice about the climate in Miami. "Today it's 80 here in south Florida and I understand it's going to be cold in Pittsburgh on Sunday afternoon!" Duh! It's early January and we are at 40 degrees north latitude! Of course it's cold. Breathe through your nose and it sticks together cold!

This morning at 6:00 I heard the snow plow rumble down the street. The mattress pad has electric heating wires and the control was set to the fourth setting. The room was dark, the sheets were crisp and warm. Even the under side of the pillows were warm. A perfect time for Daisy the Mutt to want to go outside. In my underwear I left the bed, stumbled to the door on the north portico, secured her collar and leash in 4 degree weather. If the alarm wasn't already to go off in thirty minutes, I would have gladly crawled back into the most comfortable bed on earth and dozed for another hour or two, calling in 'sick' with a made up malady.

But duty to Daisy and my bank account called. At the very least, it's Friday.

Sherlock-Holmes1.gif

P.S.

I like the 1940's Sherlock Holmes movies with Basil Rathbone. :)

I preferred the 1980's Jeremy Brett series.

Sherlock-Holmes1.gif

P.S.

I like the 1940's Sherlock Holmes movies with Basil Rathbone. :)

I preferred the 1980's Jeremy Brett series.

Well I watched the Basil Rathbone movies as a kid, so that's my image of what Sherlock looks like. :lol:

How come people from Russia and the U.K. know more about Sherlock Holmes movies than I do?????

But then he, or the writer that created him, wasn't American was he.

Never mind. :)

How come people from Russia and the U.K. know more about Sherlock Holmes movies than I do?????

But then he, or the writer that created him, wasn't American was he.

Never mind. :)

Arthur Conan Doyle wrote the Sherlock Holmes stories. Incidentally I once attended a spiritualist church in which a medium purportedly went into a trance, and Conan Doyle spoke through his mouth. It was in the 1970's and I cannot remember most of what was said but I remember him saying.
"If you live in a dream in this world you will live in a dream in the next world too" .
He also said " I would not like in front of me what some of you have in front of you"

Not a very cheerful message really, and I had the feeling he was talking to me.

Today ir's impossibly cold. The dashboard thermometer read 4 on the way down St. Clair Avenue this morning. At noon, we hit our high t mperature for the day. 11.

Sunday my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers play the Miami Dolphins at Heinz Field. The sports talk radio station here had one of the Miami sportscasters on to talk about the upcoming game. He bragged not once but twice about the climate in Miami. "Today it's 80 here in south Florida and I understand it's going to be cold in Pittsburgh on Sunday afternoon!" Duh! It's early January and we are at 40 degrees north latitude! Of course it's cold. Breathe through your nose and it sticks together cold!

This morning at 6:00 I heard the snow plow rumble down the street. The mattress pad has electric heating wires and the control was set to the fourth setting. The room was dark, the sheets were crisp and warm. Even the under side of the pillows were warm. A perfect time for Daisy the Mutt to want to go outside. In my underwear I left the bed, stumbled to the door on the north portico, secured her collar and leash in 4 degree weather. If the alarm wasn't already to go off in thirty minutes, I would have gladly crawled back into the most comfortable bed on earth and dozed for another hour or two, calling in 'sick' with a made up malady.

But duty to Daisy and my bank account called. At the very least, it's Friday.

Hold fast and keep hope! :) -15C - it's a serious temperature for 40 latitude... dress a two sweaters and hat, use hot drinks (tea or coffee, and maybe hot wine - for the evening :))
They predict, we'll got the same temperature tomorrow... Moscow already has -30C now, we are a some kilometers to south...

So, the workers finally came back yesterday. Declared they were going to get someone else in to start the fireplace and started on the upstairs bathroom, which is the first project that was supposed to be finished. They have not come back yet today and it's after 10AM.......I will never hire Hispanic workers again. They use language as an excuse to do a crappy job, to not show up on time and for buying the wrong materials or not buying them at all. And I've gone through two sets of Hispanic contractors and their workers on this project.

I think you just had bad luck Sheila. Most contractors around here are Hispanic and there are a lot of really good ones--show up on time, do good work, stay within budget. But whatever the ethnicity, there are some that aren't good too. Good luck on finding a good one somewhere.

What I told my Japanese students was that they were ambassadors for their country, their city and their family. What they do, reflects on all of them. The same goes with these Hispanic contractors. There probably are good ones out there but at this point, I'm not taking any more chances.
Japanese? You speak Japanese? We did not cover that during your visit. Maybe you can help me master a few basic phrases before I go over the pond to visit the family in Okinawa? I know "koneecheewha" and "don'ttouchamymustache".

Also "kawai" and "banzai" :)

be careful with that "kawai" I mispronounced it and called a baby scary instead of cute. My friend Tachi of course didn't bother telling me my mistake until it was too late to apologize. Now he tells his students every year about the American woman who called the baby scary instead of cute. I'm famous in Nigata. lol

Forum List

Back