USMB Coffee Shop IV

Today ir's impossibly cold. The dashboard thermometer read 4 on the way down St. Clair Avenue this morning. At noon, we hit our high t mperature for the day. 11.

Sunday my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers play the Miami Dolphins at Heinz Field. The sports talk radio station here had one of the Miami sportscasters on to talk about the upcoming game. He bragged not once but twice about the climate in Miami. "Today it's 80 here in south Florida and I understand it's going to be cold in Pittsburgh on Sunday afternoon!" Duh! It's early January and we are at 40 degrees north latitude! Of course it's cold. Breathe through your nose and it sticks together cold!

This morning at 6:00 I heard the snow plow rumble down the street. The mattress pad has electric heating wires and the control was set to the fourth setting. The room was dark, the sheets were crisp and warm. Even the under side of the pillows were warm. A perfect time for Daisy the Mutt to want to go outside. In my underwear I left the bed, stumbled to the door on the north portico, secured her collar and leash in 4 degree weather. If the alarm wasn't already to go off in thirty minutes, I would have gladly crawled back into the most comfortable bed on earth and dozed for another hour or two, calling in 'sick' with a made up malady.

But duty to Daisy and my bank account called. At the very least, it's Friday.

Hold fast and keep hope! :) -15C - it's a serious temperature for 40 latitude... dress a two sweaters and hat, use hot drinks (tea or coffee, and maybe hot wine - for the evening :))
They predict, we'll got the same temperature tomorrow... Moscow already has -30C now, we are a some kilometers to south...
For the next 50 hours or so, through the weekend, we're all set to enjoy a high temperature of 20 degrees F. It's been colder here for sure. It's gonna get colder before St. Valentine's Day.

Here's the bright spot in the forecast: pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training in six weeks!

Woo hoo! The power board for my monitor arrived, I just finished installing it, and everything seems to be working! Now I'm back to having a 27" and a 22", and the 19" can go upstairs into the closet again.

I wonder if I can get another 10 years of use out of the monitor with the new board in it? :eusa_think:

Today ir's impossibly cold. The dashboard thermometer read 4 on the way down St. Clair Avenue this morning. At noon, we hit our high t mperature for the day. 11.

Sunday my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers play the Miami Dolphins at Heinz Field. The sports talk radio station here had one of the Miami sportscasters on to talk about the upcoming game. He bragged not once but twice about the climate in Miami. "Today it's 80 here in south Florida and I understand it's going to be cold in Pittsburgh on Sunday afternoon!" Duh! It's early January and we are at 40 degrees north latitude! Of course it's cold. Breathe through your nose and it sticks together cold!

This morning at 6:00 I heard the snow plow rumble down the street. The mattress pad has electric heating wires and the control was set to the fourth setting. The room was dark, the sheets were crisp and warm. Even the under side of the pillows were warm. A perfect time for Daisy the Mutt to want to go outside. In my underwear I left the bed, stumbled to the door on the north portico, secured her collar and leash in 4 degree weather. If the alarm wasn't already to go off in thirty minutes, I would have gladly crawled back into the most comfortable bed on earth and dozed for another hour or two, calling in 'sick' with a made up malady.

Hold fast and keep hope! :) -15C - it's a serious temperature for 40 latitude... dress a two sweaters and hat, use hot drinks (tea or coffee, and maybe hot wine - for the evening :))
They predict, we'll got the same temperature tomorrow... Moscow already has -30C now, we are a some kilometers to south...
For the next 50 hours or so, through the weekend, we're all set to enjoy a high temperature of 20 degrees F. It's been colder here for sure. It's gonna get colder before St. Valentine's Day.

Here's the bright spot in the forecast: pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training in six weeks!

We're just a couple of degrees above freezing here. Sadly, that means we are getting very cold rain instead of snow. :(

How come people from Russia and the U.K. know more about Sherlock Holmes movies than I do?????

But then he, or the writer that created him, wasn't American was he.

Never mind. :)

:)))

As I know, Soviet version of Holmes movie cancelled all another tries "to make it in classic style close to original". It's a series in "Old Good Times" style with a great music overture ;)

We're just a couple of degrees above freezing here. Sadly, that means we are getting very cold rain instead of snow. :(
I've never shoveled rain.

How come people from Russia and the U.K. know more about Sherlock Holmes movies than I do?????

As I know, Soviet version of Holmes movie cancelled all another tries "to make it in classic style close to original". It's a series in "Old Good Times" style with a great music overture ;)

I have enjoyed some Russian films in my time. There was Andrei Rublev in 1966 and Solaris in 1972
I also used to buy Sputnik magazine in the late 1960s, I thought it was quite interesting as it talked about Russian art and the space program. But my mother thought I was being brainwashed by propaganda.

Nope, but it sure makes me nervous when the temperature is hovering just above freezing when it rains. So easy for that temp to drop just a few degrees and trigger massive icing. I would rather have snow--LOTS of it--instead of ice.

Nope, but it sure makes me nervous when the temperature is hovering just above freezing when it rains. So easy for that temp to drop just a few degrees and trigger massive icing. I would rather have snow--LOTS of it--instead of ice.

I want the snow for the little one, but I agree about the ice. It can be a real problem on roads.

I have enjoyed some Russian films in my time. There was Andrei Rublev in 1966 and Solaris in 1972
I also used to buy Sputnik magazine in the late 1960s, I thought it was quite interesting as it talked about Russian art and the space program. But my mother thought I was being brainwashed by propaganda.

Tarkovski... For a lot of thinking, not for enjoying at friday night with hamburger... :) Do you like this sort of movies, or you just haven't seen another Russian movies yet?

I didn't remember Sputnik magazine, because I'm younger... From Soviet time I remember a lot of magazines for teenagers ;) Some of them presented technics, inventions, and so on at high level, but understandable to children...They were very popular till 90s...

In 60s and later USSR had a lot of propaganda tools, but didn't use them effectively, because leaders already lost the main vision of its target. Since this time in Russia there are an enormous quantity of anecdots about this "propaganda". But instead of it, they seriously distorted history... and put a bomb under USSR too :) psss... it becomes so political, not for coffee shop, sorry :))))))))))))))

I want the snow for the little one, but I agree about the ice. It can be a real problem on roads.

Be careful on roads... When you're suddenly losing the road cohesion - it's a terrified thing, especially at first time :)

OK detectives...answer me this if you can:

I have had diarrhea for over 2 weeks. Nothing has changed in food habits. Last night, we stayed at the motel. Tonight, we are back in the RV. I did my morning thing, and it was back to normal. About an hour ago, I have been running to the bathroom every hour. Is this RV poisoning me????

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Stress.

Be careful on roads... When you're suddenly losing the road cohesion - it's a terrified thing, especially at first time :)
Road cohesion = traction (тяга). Hopefully, that's the correct Russian word.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

free-wallpaper-8.jpg

Anybody know anything about gas fireplaces. Ours won't start automatically. We have someone coming next wednesday but in the meantime, we it the pilot light and had the fireplace for awhile today but then everything started smelling like gas. We ended up turning the gas line off. Is that normal? Does it take awhile to get rid of the smell? I know my gas oven smells like gas when I first turn it on, but it goes away pretty quickly. Any ideas?

Anybody know anything about gas fireplaces. Ours won't start automatically. We have someone coming next wednesday but in the meantime, we it the pilot light and had the fireplace for awhile today but then everything started smelling like gas. We ended up turning the gas line off. Is that normal? Does it take awhile to get rid of the smell? I know my gas oven smells like gas when I first turn it on, but it goes away pretty quickly. Any ideas?
Is your fireplace a vented or an unvented unit? When you turned off the fireplace, did the pilot light stay on? Is your fireplace remote controlled?

It's 3:18 am here in northwestern Illinois. In London, England it's 9:18. Wish I was in London. If I was I'd have some fish and chips for breakfast!

Good morning all. Bright blue skies, sunny, and COLD here in Albuquerque this morning. And probably won't get warm enough to melt the ice on our walk and driveway. Trying to decide if I am ambitious enough to get out and buy some of that ice melt stuff to treat it with.

But hope everybody is looking forward to a good Saturday and weekend. The football playoffs start this weekend, finish up next weekend, then the Super Bowl and FINALLY football season will be over.

(I'm whispering that so those who think the end of football season is a national tragedy won't hear me.)

It's probably a leak in one of the fireplace gas feed connections possibly the shut off valve, typically easy to find and fix.

Forum List

Back