USMB Coffee Shop IV

REALLY big whopper of a storm coming in this weekend. BIG one. News said we could get 5 to 6 inches of rain. Methinks we will be spending the weekend here too. Depends on how much the rates go up, though. Weekend s are always jacked way high.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
The news here said y'all got lots, and lots of snow!

Ah. Big bed all to myself. All lights on. Heater blasting away and us all toasty warm. Real toilet, shower with real hot water. This, my friends, is heaven.

Are you on some kind of waiting list to get into housing?
Yes. It is a 1 to 5 year wait. We have been on it since last may.

Geez. That's a pretty big stretch of time. Big difference between 1 year and 5 years. WTH is that about? Also, your situation should take priority since you don't have any place to stay right now, so you should be moved to the front of the list, like emergency housing or something.
They don't care.there are many seniors that have no place to go. Couple that used to live behind us are in their 80s...they got booted to the curb too.

Wouldn't you think a liberal state like CA would be better at helping out their needy citizens? :rolleyes-41:
Careful....

I tried to be a desert gal, but it just didn't pan out. I like greenery. Lots of it. And hopefully, this room we are told will be ours until WE choose to leave...happens.

I'm a desert rat. :)
Love the dry heat.
It's "dry heat"...they always say that about places where you bake your butt off! Give me my arctic fresh, please. I can layer the clothing to stay warm, but in "dry heat" places I can only take off so many clothes before people flee before me in horror!

Half of a beat up holey blue tarp, then covered with the gray tarp that came with the RV. Personally, I think it's just for dust/wind protection, but they insisted it's water proof. That remains to be seen. And the place is still full of ants.

Plus, mrg and I were the ones climbing around on ladders getting the damn thing on there. This RV is a 32 footer. And, we are the ones hacking tree branches that fell. BIG ones.

Half of a beat up holey blue tarp, then covered with the gray tarp that came with the RV. Personally, I think it's just for dust/wind protection, but they insisted it's water proof. That remains to be seen. And the place is still full of ants.

If you find out how the ants are getting in and then dust their route with diatomaceous earth, that will stop them...DEAD! Works when we get a carpenter ant invasion at the cabin.

Plus, mrg and I were the ones climbing around on ladders getting the damn thing on there. This RV is a 32 footer. And, we are the ones hacking tree branches that fell. BIG ones.

Damn! That's tough. I hate getting up high, even though I do it if I have to. Good luck, hope you both (all three) survive the coming storm.

Boo's still sleeping a lot which is a good thing, it means he's not in pain and can get comfortable. He's still a little unsteady and still has a limp but he's getting around more, he's paying attention to what's going on around him (he wasn't before) and it "squeaking" at me again.
He doesn't meow, he "squeaks". Hopefully by next week some moneys we're waiting for will arrive and I'll set up a vet appointment for him specifically for lab work.

Comet. Ajax. Both do the same. Sprinkled around all tires that we mounted on treated thick blocks of wood. Gotta keep doing that, though cuz the rain washes it away.

No, what is in here is the original colony of millions of ants IN THE WALL. There is no more insulation. It is all ant colony. They have no way to get in now...or out. What we are fighting now is that colony. Hard to battle with them in walls we cannot get to on the inside.

We also treated the water hose and electric cord. No entry or exit there either.

Damn! That's tough. I hate getting up high, even though I do it if I have to. Good luck, hope you both (all three) survive the coming storm.
It's called motel 6. We will survive it but it's gonna cost us a couple hundred or more for a week stay. Not sure we can afford that.

Comet. Ajax. Both do the same. Sprinkled around all tires that we mounted on treated thick blocks of wood. Gotta keep doing that, though cuz the rain washes it away.

No, what is in here is the original colony of millions of ants IN THE WALL. There is no more insulation. It is all ant colony. They have no way to get in now...or out. What we are fighting now is that colony. Hard to battle with them in walls we cannot get to on the inside.

We also treated the water hose and electric cord. No entry or exit there either.

:eek-52:

OK detectives...answer me this if you can:

I have had diarrhea for over 2 weeks. Nothing has changed in food habits. Last night, we stayed at the motel. Tonight, we are back in the RV. I did my morning thing, and it was back to normal. About an hour ago, I have been running to the bathroom every hour. Is this RV poisoning me????

I bet those ants have really shiny pots and pans. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back