USMB Coffee Shop IV

Welp good news on this end. Just heard from my lawyer, the judge ruled in my favor on my disability claim. If it doesn't get pulled for review (happens in rare instances) I should start getting paid by the end of February and receive a one lump "back pay" of two and a half years in around 60 days. I will also be eligible for Medicare by March-April time frame.
I'm happy to know you had this big good news Ringel! :smiliehug:

Looks like it is raining at Ringel's house, has been raining at Peach's house with more in the area, and there is a huge big blob of bright red on the radar headed straight for my house--should know if it is for real within minutes.

Hope Ernie finally got to bed and is feeling better, that BBD and our other insomniacs are sleeping, that Ringel is sleeping like a baby, that the sun rises brighter for Mr & Mrs Gracie, that Mr. Peach's surgery can be scheduled soon, that those other of you with loved ones or fur friends who are a concern, in hospice, and everybody else finds some peace in all their worries.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Ernie for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
And let's send up some special prayers and positive thoughts for Gracie & Mr. G who need a break big time right now.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

rainbow_at_sunset_1920x1080.jpg
Yup, you are getting those monsoons that are blowing through S.Calif now.

Too late in the season for the monsoon though. This is a different and rather unusual weather pattern for us.

Talked to hubbie on the phone this morning, he sounds real good. :)
He loves being able to walk around.
It's rainy here like Foxfyre said and we live on dirt roads so we decided I won't go up to see him today.
They are moving him this morning, so he will call me later today when he knows his new room number.

It's my relax day so I'm all recharged for the upcomming surgery. :)
Do the local dirt roads get really muddy when it rains?

131_0904_01_z%2Bmuddy_muddy_xmas%2Bmuddy_truck_front.jpg
El Paso almost never gets any rain.

But they do get a lot of dope traffic and wetback Mexicans going thru.

We're happy you found us in the Coffee Shop yiostheoy but this post is not appropriate here. We have members in the Coffee Shop of many nationalities, ethnicities, races, and ideologies and all are welcome here. So please respect that and do not use derogatory or insulting terms to describe people.

Wow ! I just watched 'Game of thrones' series six ,episodes 9 and 10. There was sure a lot of action and some extreme battle scenes. Now I have to wait months for series 7, the final series to come out and I am expecting some extreme spectacle, as it draws to its conclusion.

I tried and tried to get interested in "Game of Thrones" based on other's rave reviews of it, but it was just too dark and violent for me. Maybe sometimes when I am in a better mood for that. . . .

' Game of thrones' is certainly violent. In series 6 episode 9 there is a huge battle between two armies and they end up having to climb over a huge pile of bodies to get at one another. They also film graphic details, like someone getting a sword through their throats. I assume that is all done with CGI computer graphics.

You might enjoy 'the Mummy' and its sequel, as it is humorous and has a hero and heroine and a monster.

I have seen "the Mummy' at my granddaughter's urging and it wasn't terrible, but not really my cup of tea.

Wow ! I just watched 'Game of thrones' series six ,episodes 9 and 10. There was sure a lot of action and some extreme battle scenes. Now I have to wait months for series 7, the final series to come out and I am expecting some extreme spectacle, as it draws to its conclusion.

I tried and tried to get interested in "Game of Thrones" based on other's rave reviews of it, but it was just too dark and violent for me. Maybe sometimes when I am in a better mood for that. . . .

' Game of thrones' is certainly violent. In series 6 episode 9 there is a huge battle between two armies and they end up having to climb over a huge pile of bodies to get at one another. They also film graphic details, like someone getting a sword through their throats. I assume that is all done with CGI computer graphics.

You might enjoy 'the Mummy' and its sequel, as it is humorous and has a hero and heroine and a monster.
When I watch TV I look for the following:

1 - national and international news (PBS etc.)
2 - local news
3 - documentaries (Frontline, AmerExperience, etc)
4 - Nature & animals
5 - Crime documentaries
6 - Crime dramas (Criminal Minds, etc)
7 - national sports (playoffs mostly)
8 - local sports (Raiders soon moving to Las Vegas)

And NOT the crap called reality shows like Game Of Thrones.

Game of Thrones is not a reality show and it is not crap but rather an extremely successful and acclaimed drama series. I don't watch it because I do not enjoy violence, but I respect those who do enjoy it.

Your list is a pretty good one. On the other hand I do enjoy come of the reality shows like "Ice Road Truckers", "Deadliest Catch", "Survivor" etc. which may or may not classify as crap and also many of the competition shows--"The Voice" and "America's Got Talent" and "Hell's Kitchen" and "American Ninja Warrior" etc. which also may or may not qualify as crap.

It's rainy here like Foxfyre said and we live on dirt roads so we decided I won't go up to see him today.
They are moving him this morning, so he will call me later today when he knows his new room number.

Giggles
Yes they do and in summer monsoon it gets worse than that picture sometimes. :biggrin:

I had a good nights sleep.I hope you did also Ringel. :)
Slept okay but with all the rain my sinuses are currently my worst enemy.........

In reality my moderately humorous inquiry is based in gathering info. Many of the homes we looked at (online) are outside of Tucson and on dirt/gravel roads, wondering how bad it would really be.

Twice a year it gets bad in January and July from moonsoons.
Look for higher grounds for a house ,away from the main washes and have 4 wheel drive and your good.:)
If you don't have 4wheel drive like us you aren't going anywhere till the next day. :biggrin:

Giggles
Yes they do and in summer monsoon it gets worse than that picture sometimes. :biggrin:

Slept okay but with all the rain my sinuses are currently my worst enemy.........

In reality my moderately humorous inquiry is based in gathering info. Many of the homes we looked at (online) are outside of Tucson and on dirt/gravel roads, wondering how bad it would really be.

Look for higher grounds for a house ,away from the main washes and have 4 wheel drive and your good.:)
If you don't have 4wheel drive like us you aren't going anywhere till the next day. :biggrin:
I've lived out west long enough to know about arroyos and flat land flooding that accompany the monsoons and I do have a 4 wheel drive Ram truck so that wouldn't be much of an issue. My concerns are primarily, water, sewer, electric/gas and cable/internet access.

Giggles

I've lived out west long enough to know about arroyos and flat land flooding that accompany the monsoons and I do have a 4 wheel drive Ram truck so that wouldn't be much of an issue. My concerns are primarily, water, sewer, electric/gas and cable/internet access.

The 14 years we were out on the mountain, we incurred a steep learning curve dealing with a private well, septic system, propane tank, and keeping plenty of dry wood stocked for the times we were without electric power and thus had no furnace--it ran on propane but had to have electricity to turn itself on.

So we kept bottled water for emergencies for drinking and for flushing toilets--electricity outages mean the pump doesn't run and you're out of water in the house very quickly. We had a Strader insert for the fireplace and it was extremely functional to heat the whole house sufficiently to keep pipes from freezing and bursting but you sure go through a lot of wood when it is your only source of heat.

And there was the issue of bad roads in bad weather, but Subarus rarely failed to allow us to get in and out of the neighborhood.

Eventually I became weary of the isolation though and we sold out and moved into town and I have never regretted that a single minute since. You can call people to come fix stuff when it breaks, you don't have to worry about running out of propane in a bad storm, wifi is great and accessible from many different sources, no thousands of dollar costs when the well pump went out or other problems needed attention, no septic system to pump out.

And they deliver pizza right to your door. :)

Good evening, we have a cold wave in Europe the week that is coming is going to be even colder and until the end of the month

A warm video

Good evening, we have a cold wave in Europe the week that is coming is going to be even colder and until the end of the month

A warm video

One of my favorites too Dalia, but then the music from the 1950's and 60's speaks to me as no other era does. Great artists, strong melodies, and every song distinctly different from all the others. And of course that was before the era of heavy metal so the music could really shine above all the racket and you could go to concerts without going deaf. :)

I do think of Germany, Austria and those countries being really cold in winter over there, but I never thought of France as having bitter winters. But of course you have all four seasons so. . .

Welp good news on this end. Just heard from my lawyer, the judge ruled in my favor on my disability claim. If it doesn't get pulled for review (happens in rare instances) I should start getting paid by the end of February and receive a one lump "back pay" of two and a half years in around 60 days. I will also be eligible for Medicare by March-April time frame.
I'm happy to know you had this big good news Ringel! :smiliehug:

And a pleasant Sunday to you esthermoon. I always smile when you check in here.

Giggles

If you are buying land to put up a home then you need concern yourself with it.
Most any of the outside areas around Tucson and Phx. all have wells with septics, no cabel but internet access.
Everyonee who lives in rural areas has to get Dish, Direct TV or Hughes dish. Thats about it for choices.

A warm video

One of my favorites too Dalia, but then the music from the 1950's and 60's speaks to me as no other era does. Great artists, strong melodies, and every song distinctly different from all the others. And of course that was before the era of heavy metal so the music could really shine above all the racket and you could go to concerts without going deaf. :)

I do think of Germany, Austria and those countries being really cold in winter over there, but I never thought of France as having bitter winters. But of course you have all four seasons so. . .

I like the 50 and 60 music to more them the music of today :) Germany and Austria yes those countries are more cold in winter but France here we are not use to so much cold We will soon run out of electricity and heating our German neighbors are as cold as us then they can not help us .

Giggles

The 14 years we were out on the mountain, we incurred a steep learning curve dealing with a private well, septic system, propane tank, and keeping plenty of dry wood stocked for the times we were without electric power and thus had no furnace--it ran on propane but had to have electricity to turn itself on.

So we kept bottled water for emergencies for drinking and for flushing toilets--electricity outages mean the pump doesn't run and you're out of water in the house very quickly. We had a Strader insert for the fireplace and it was extremely functional to heat the whole house sufficiently to keep pipes from freezing and bursting but you sure go through a lot of wood when it is your only source of heat.

And there was the issue of bad roads in bad weather, but Subarus rarely failed to allow us to get in and out of the neighborhood.

Eventually I became weary of the isolation though and we sold out and moved into town and I have never regretted that a single minute since. You can call people to come fix stuff when it breaks, you don't have to worry about running out of propane in a bad storm, wifi is great and accessible from many different sources, no thousands of dollar costs when the well pump went out or other problems needed attention, no septic system to pump out.

And they deliver pizza right to your door. :)
Most of what we're looking at are suburbs of Tucson which have all those amenities.

Giggles

Most any of the outside areas around Tucson and Phx. all have wells with septics, no cabel but internet access.
Everyonee who lives in rural areas has to get Dish, Direct TV or Hughes dish. Thats about it for choices.
No, not looking to put up a house, 10 to 20 years ago no problem, even 5 years ago I probably could have done it but why build when I can get an existing structure (in fair to good shape) cheaper. We eventually will sit down with a real estate agent, cover everything we're looking for and go from there, REOs are a good possibility even considered auctions but auctions can be tricky at best.

Giggles

No, not looking to put up a house, 10 to 20 years ago no problem, even 5 years ago I probably could have done it but why build when I can get an existing structure (in fair to good shape) cheaper. We eventually will sit down with a real estate agent, cover everything we're looking for and go from there, REOs are a good possibility even considered auctions but auctions can be tricky at best.

Then like you said where your looking they have all of things you asked about.
Not sure exactly what you wanted to know about the water and others you asked about.
Im so confused!!! :lol:

Forum List

Back