USMB Coffee Shop IV

Game of Thrones is over. There will be no more seasons.
Just a heads up.

Meanwhile, took karma to the beach...Pretty windy here, but nice in the lower 70s.
Today is brain rest day. DVDs, another beach run later this afternoon. Maybe a short nap.

I take 10 MGS of melatonin before bed and 1 Xanax. Both help, but I never sleep the whole night regardless. The older we get, the less sleep. Hence, boomers being nightowls.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

LOL, why tease people like that? There will be 2 more seasons of GoT, although they are going to have fewer episodes than usual. http://www.inquisitr.com/3842325/game-of-thrones-to-have-extraordinary-end-says-star-iain-glen/

Interesting day! Preface it with: I feel like crap!
I've had a cold for5 days now. Rather than getting better, I now have a sore throat.
Over the week end, the brakes on my pick-up started telling me that I needed new pads up front. The first day I would have to replace the pads was Tuesday. By then, I was feeling poorly and wasn't up to changing brakes. Next chance was Thursday. I felt worse.
I went in and opened up the bar at 1:30 and was headed home when I got a call from a friend who needed a ride to work. This lady would give me the shirt off her back (which I'm sure I would enjoy greatly) so off I go on a 20 mile jaunt. I drop her off at the store she works at and decide to check out a new shop next door. I cut the wheel sharp and hit the brakes. I heard a nasty clunk and the brake pedal went to the floor.
I was barely moving at this point and the front wheels hit the curb stop gently. I pressed the brake pedal a few times and it firmed up. I resolved to inspect carefully when I got home
Well, I get out on the highway and the first time I hit the brakes, I heard a god awful sound of hard metal on cast iron. Soon after, the brakes were all but useless. I stopped at the parts store and got pads and brake fluid and made it home VERY carefully.
The diagnosis was DAMN one of my brake pads is GONE. Not worn out. Not broken. GONE as in not there. The caliper pistons were both out of their bores, so back to the parts store for a caliper. Happily, I now have brakes.
I am now totally exhausted and am going to crap out early. (for me)

Hmmm...a series of bad breaks...
That's bad....

Not from what I heard and read. Writer doesn't want to finish and is moving on to other books and won't let other writers fill in to finish it up. It's over. Cersei is queen, Dani goes to battle, but it's up to viewers to what happens after that.

Sooo...I decide to drive the Jeep to work tonight, transfer all my baggage and hit the road. The tranny is noisy, but at close to 300,000 miles, the partner has assured me that some noise due to wear is normal so I don't worry, much. About 10 miles into my commute, the noise is tremendous and the sudden smoke and racket...well, I managed to limp off the highway to a safe place.
Somehow, someone (partner) left the Jeep in 4-wheel low. Even at the 45 mph required by the new snow, the transmission became scrap. Of course, the moron blames me. Now I have another piece of scrap metal to deal with. Oh, well, I'm taking a night off.

Ugh. Glad you weren't hurt too. Between your tranny and Ernie's brakes, I'm hoping these things don't come in three's. My little Subaru is still fairly low mileage but it turned 21 last October.
GW has a tranny??!! Okie dokie...... :eusa_whistle:

Well that's what HE called it. And that's what I call it. If it looks like a duck. . . :)

Welp good news on this end. Just heard from my lawyer, the judge ruled in my favor on my disability claim. If it doesn't get pulled for review (happens in rare instances) I should start getting paid by the end of February and receive a one lump "back pay" of two and a half years in around 60 days. I will also be eligible for Medicare by March-April time frame.

Woo hoo!!! It's about time. I've been watching others, far less disabled, receiving their disability no questions asked, and wondered why fate was so cruel to you. But maybe the end of your tunnel is now clearly in sight.

So we now just have to get the Peaches and the Gracies to the end of theirs.

Welp good news on this end. Just heard from my lawyer, the judge ruled in my favor on my disability claim. If it doesn't get pulled for review (happens in rare instances) I should start getting paid by the end of February and receive a one lump "back pay" of two and a half years in around 60 days. I will also be eligible for Medicare by March-April time frame.
Wish I could find a pro Bono lawyer. I would probably get a settlement large enough to buy a small mobile home in a separate senior park. We just missed one that sold for 5k. But..A friends d of a friend d of the park owner snagged it then relisted it for 21k...And got it.[emoji21]

Mine's not pro bono, she'll get 6K when the lump sum is paid out.

Wish I could find a pro Bono lawyer. I would probably get a settlement large enough to buy a small mobile home in a separate senior park. We just missed one that sold for 5k. But..A friends d of a friend d of the park owner snagged it then relisted it for 21k...And got it.[emoji21]

Mine's not pro bono, she'll get 6K when the lump sum is paid out.

I know. I wanted to get a lawyer but they all wanted retainer fees which we did not have which is why I wanted a pro bono. No lawyers here woodchuck fighting the disability refusal which happened 3 times so I had no choice accept 2 retire at 62.

Sooo...I decide to drive the Jeep to work tonight, transfer all my baggage and hit the road. The tranny is noisy, but at close to 300,000 miles, the partner has assured me that some noise due to wear is normal so I don't worry, much. About 10 miles into my commute, the noise is tremendous and the sudden smoke and racket...well, I managed to limp off the highway to a safe place.
Somehow, someone (partner) left the Jeep in 4-wheel low. Even at the 45 mph required by the new snow, the transmission became scrap. Of course, the moron blames me. Now I have another piece of scrap metal to deal with. Oh, well, I'm taking a night off.

Ugh. Glad you weren't hurt too. Between your tranny and Ernie's brakes, I'm hoping these things don't come in three's. My little Subaru is still fairly low mileage but it turned 21 last October.
This poor Jeep has a history with my stupid, stoopid partner. My buddy gave it to me when he bought his new Jeep. My buddy treats his cars very well. It needed work on the tranny, but was otherwise in super condition, even having about 230000 miles on it (it's an '87). So my partner dragged it over to his place and pulled the engine because, well, a high mileage car like that needed engine work, right? Should pull the top end because the cylinders, etc, were probably terribly worn. The engine hung in the hoist for almost a year and a half before the partner managed to get to it. By then, all gaskets, packings, and seals needed to be replaced...go figure! Partner also neglected to label what connections needed to be reconnected to where, so he had to play guessing games with the hoses and electric hook-ups. He did admit that cylinders and pistons were in first-class condition, though. Long story short...a car that would have cost maybe $500 to get it running right ended up costing close to $8000 (rough estimate) after the partner finished with his shot-gun troubleshooting. Why he had it in 4-wheel low? It kept cutting out and that was the only way he could keep it running to go up to the corner market, not even 1/4 mile away. I didn't notice so it's my fault for blowing the tranny, travelling highway speeds in lowest gear. I'm just sick and tired of dealing with Mr. Passive-Aggressive. If I do something one way, he has to change things. Sometimes, change isn't good.

Started getting excited and doing some planning, no, not gonna spend it before we get it, looking at properties in and around Tucson to Phoenix corridor. Well now I'm exhausted, all that stress of not knowing finally dumped........ Hopefully I'll sleep like a baby tonight.

I'm thinking I may have to replace the caliper on the left front of my truck too. I just barely got the pistons retracted enough to fit the caliper over the new pads and now the brakes are getting very hot on the left. Going to give it a couple days, and if it's not all good by Tuesday, I'm going to blow another hundred bucks on the truck.

Just a heads up.

Meanwhile, took karma to the beach...Pretty windy here, but nice in the lower 70s.
Today is brain rest day. DVDs, another beach run later this afternoon. Maybe a short nap.

I take 10 MGS of melatonin before bed and 1 Xanax. Both help, but I never sleep the whole night regardless. The older we get, the less sleep. Hence, boomers being nightowls.

LOL, why tease people like that? There will be 2 more seasons of GoT, although they are going to have fewer episodes than usual. ‘Game Of Thrones’ To Have ‘Extraordinary’ End, Says Star Iain Glen
I didn't even watch last season when I heard that. I was getting tired of it after the entire Stark clan got wiped out at the Red Wedding. Sheesh...

Our prayers are working !

Thank you everone and continue them. They are definitely being answered. :biggrin:

Hubbie is much stronger today and he can walk around a little bit.
They are moving him from ICU to what they call the step down unit.
Both of his Doctors say he is doing fairly well for only 1/5th of his heart woking.
We still don't know for sure what day he will have his bypass done.
Good news is he will have it done soon rather than 2 weeks of rehab therapy.
What a load of worry that has eased for me. Whew!

One of his Doctors chose my hubby's operation because he said he wanted to do an easy one for a change. :)
He usually does more than 3 bypass surgeries. He does up to 4,5,6,up to 8 bypasses and they are all alive and well.
One of his Doctors has 30 years experiance and the one doing his surgery has 40 years experience.
That's 70 years of experience between the 2 of them.
Hubbie is 70.
Coincidence ? :dunno:

Please forgive me If I am not making much sence.
Ask away if you have questions because Im very tired and I think I only have a few brain cells left tonight.:)

Just a heads up.

LOL, why tease people like that? There will be 2 more seasons of GoT, although they are going to have fewer episodes than usual. ‘Game Of Thrones’ To Have ‘Extraordinary’ End, Says Star Iain Glen
I didn't even watch last season when I heard that. I was getting tired of it after the entire Stark clan got wiped out at the Red Wedding. Sheesh...

Iron man's dead??!! Tell me it isn't so!!!

:D

I am so happy as well as hubby is that he can set up.
It was really hard for me to kiss him over the raling. I could barely reach him.
Did I happen to mention that sometimes I hate being short!!!! :biggrin:
Well I HATE BEING SHORT.

Well, seems that if you have a good case for disability, you have been entitled to it for some time. So if your lawyer is willing to take the case on a percentage if you win basis, you would be ahead of the game to go for it with that lawyer than just not trying because you'll have to share with the lawyer? At least you would get something instead of nothing. And if the lawyer fails, he/she doesn't get paid either.

Our prayers are working !

Thank you everone and continue them. They are definitely being answered. :biggrin:

Hubbie is much stronger today and he can walk around a little bit.
They are moving him from ICU to what they call the step down unit.
Both of his Doctors say he is doing fairly well for only 1/5th of his heart woking.
We still don't know for sure what day he will have his bypass done.
Good news is he will have it done soon rather than 2 weeks of rehab therapy.
What a load of worry that has eased for me. Whew!

One of his Doctors chose my hubby's operation because he said he wanted to do an easy one for a change. :)
He usually does more than 3 bypass surgeries. He does up to 4,5,6,up to 8 bypasses and they are all alive and well.
One of his Doctors has 30 years experiance and the one doing his surgery has 40 years experience.
That's 70 years of experience between the 2 of them.
Hubbie is 70.
Coincidence ? :dunno:

Please forgive me If I am not making much sence.
Ask away if you have questions because Im very tired and I think I only have a few brain cells left tonight.:)

Good news indeed Peach. I know your own stress level has to be down a little bit knowing that things are progressing so well.

Just a heads up.

Iron man's dead??!! Tell me it isn't so!!!

:D

Actually, he's in a coma.....

the-end-of-tony-stark-for-now.jpg

;)

Forum List

Back