USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning all. Short night for me. Up until 2 this morning dealing with a distant family member who needed some TLC. We woke up to bright blue skies, no snow or ice, and calm winds this morning--looks to be a beautiful day. Chilly - right around 32f at this hour, but that's okay.

Hope the storm passes for Gracie and Mr. G too.

And in honor of

DAISY, Nosmo King's furr family:
maxresdefault.jpg

Packers play today. Sure do hope they win their game. Got all of my fingers and toes crossed in hopes of a victory! If I had one of those cheesehead hats I'd wear it. Guess the best I can do is duct tape a package of cheese to the top of my noggin.

Crappy day!
We have a much loved customer at Doc's who at 30 is a bit of a gypsy. She owns practically nothing and either sleeps in the park or on the sofa of one of her many friends. She's a brilliant woman and is 100% comfortable with her life style, though she will actually be starting a job in 2 weeks and intends to actually eventually have her own place
At any rate, at 2:30 AM I get a call from the bar saying she had had way too much to drink and had nowhere to get in out of the rain. I returned to the bar and picked her up and got her settled down on my sofa.
Fast forward to 7 AM. I get up and head for the kitchen to make coffee before grabbing a quick shower so I can head to Foley to open up.
Bare footed, I get to the kitchen and find the floor wet. Strange... I start following wet foot prints back towards their origin. The light is on in the guest bathroom and as the door opens, I see the gypsy standing in the doorway gripping a towel.
Now the next part of this took me probably 90 seconds to grasp, but she had apparently stumbled as she rose from the toilet and reached out for something to steady herself. She, unfortunately chose the toilet tank which broke from it's mounting points fell and smashed on the floor and in the process, took the water shut off valve off the supply line. Water had apparently been gushing from the severed 1/2" line for several minutes.

Every towel in the linen closet is on the floor with a couple rolls of toilet paper, an overturned waste can and 2 inches of water. I've been awake for maybe 3 minutes by this time and it took a while to find the circuit breaker for the well pump
My tenant came over to check why his water had gone off mid shower and I pressed him into service to clean up the bathroom and replace the shut off valve while I got the bar ready to open then picked up a new toilet.
The hardwood floors all got good and wet, but I believe we got everything mopped up before there was much damage.

A couple of you have been talking about weather. We got some too. While the tornadoes thankfully stayed to the north west of us, we did get some quarter sized hail here in Foley.
All is back to normal here. New toilet installed and operational and a sober gypsy is asleep on the couch.

Be sure to check your floor at a later date, maybe at the beginning of summer, to make sure there is no black mold underneath it, or in between the sides of wood.
Very bad health hazard, especially where you live with that high hummidy.
This is the time of year we have to worry about mold. Air conditioning tends to keep the house dry enough so that everything dries up inside, but with all the rain we're getting and temps around 70' the central air is just sitting there. This is great when the electric bill comes, but the floors take forever to dry.

Good morning all. Short night for me. Up until 2 this morning dealing with a distant family member who needed some TLC. We woke up to bright blue skies, no snow or ice, and calm winds this morning--looks to be a beautiful day. Chilly - right around 32f at this hour, but that's okay.

Hope the storm passes for Gracie and Mr. G too.

And in honor of

DAISY, Nosmo King's furr family:
maxresdefault.jpg
Daisy thanks you, in spite of taking a nap right now. She went to the park this morning and saw some of her friends, Molly, Peanut, Ham Bone and Murray. Later we'll go watch the Steelers play in the AFC Championsip game and eat dog treats. Thanks Foxfyre!

Packers play today. Sure do hope they win their game. Got all of my fingers and toes crossed in hopes of a victory! If I had one of those cheesehead hats I'd wear it. Guess the best I can do is duct tape a package of cheese to the top of my noggin.

I was rooting for the Packers today too BBD, but short of a miracle in the next six minutes, it isn't to be. If I had cheese on my noggin, it would be grilled by now. :)

Around 2 -3ish the winds they called for arrived with a vengeance, 3:30 the power went out. Around 5 I grabbed the Colman lanterns, as soon as I did the power came back on...... for now...... We're getting 64 mph gusts and they're supposed to slow down some but not much.

Yes we're getting exactly the same here.
We had sleet, very rare here in the high desert.

We both like Hubbies nurse, who came by this afternoon.
There will be another one also at the beginig of next week.
This one who came today was amazed that he is not on oxygen.
With that low amout of actual heart working he should not have a 90 plus percent oxygen level.
Are you on city water, well or cistern? We like the Picture Rocks area but the monthly water costs listed for those properties average just over $500 per month so I'm assuming cistern, that's outrageous.

We live in a suburb outside of Benson and we have well water that goes to all of the homes out here.
Our water bill is 36.00 a month.
We're charged for amount used at so much per gallon used.
Some out here who have backyard gardens have around 300.00 a month during the summer.
Benson has a suburb? Things must have changed significantly since I was down in Sierra Vista.

I must be in the minority cuz I loathe Gaga.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Gaga has a lot of original talent. But, I cannot patronize (in good conscience) an individual whose qualifications, education, and/or opinions are no more valid than my own... And one who thinks her opinion is superior to mine.

I respect all sincere opinions, but myself, I try to separate their private lives from their artistry. The way things are, if I didn't, I wouldn't have much to choose from in the way of music, movies, etc. :)

Around 2 -3ish the winds they called for arrived with a vengeance, 3:30 the power went out. Around 5 I grabbed the Colman lanterns, as soon as I did the power came back on...... for now...... We're getting 64 mph gusts and they're supposed to slow down some but not much.

Yes we're getting exactly the same here.
We had sleet, very rare here in the high desert.

We both like Hubbies nurse, who came by this afternoon.
There will be another one also at the beginig of next week.
This one who came today was amazed that he is not on oxygen.
With that low amout of actual heart working he should not have a 90 plus percent oxygen level.
Are you on city water, well or cistern? We like the Picture Rocks area but the monthly water costs listed for those properties average just over $500 per month so I'm assuming cistern, that's outrageous.

We live in a suburb outside of Benson and we have well water that goes to all of the homes out here.
Our water bill is 36.00 a month.
We're charged for amount used at so much per gallon used.
Some out here who have backyard gardens have around 300.00 a month during the summer.
Benson has a suburb? Things must have changed significantly since I was down in Sierra Vista.

The mobil home side has been here since the 70's and the wood frame home side since to 80's. LOL

Forum List

Back