USMB Coffee Shop IV

I got alot of business taken care of today. :)
Phew!
Hubby is getting stronger every day and is doing fairly well with his walking. :)

For some reason he now wants to know where I'm at in the house at all times.
I said I was going to take a shower, so he comes in and can't see me because I'm leaning over washing my hair.
You can't see me in that walk in tub when I do that. :)
He makes a noise with the walker and I pop up, hair all soapy.
I said whats wrong, he says I couldn't find you, I say I told you where I was.
Then he says, yes I know, but you were not there in the tub ! I didn't see you.
Strange is all I can say.
He did the same thing when I was in the laundry room in the garage. It's like he needs to have his eyes on me at all times.
He has never been like this before. :)

Tomorrow we are going to get a 2017 car.
I'm pretty impressed with the Kia Soul. His nurse has one that came to see him Saturday.
The seat is high enough and leg room enough for hubby to get in and out of easily.
I can get his walker and wheelchair in it easy. :)

I'm getting my computers back tomorrow.
YES! :)

Phew!
Hubby is getting stronger every day and is doing fairly well with his walking. :)

I said I was going to take a shower, so he comes in and can't see me because I'm leaning over washing my hair.
He did the same thing when I was in the laundry room in the garage. It's like he needs to have his eyes on me at all times.

I suspect he is a bit anxious still about his condition and being alone is scarier to him. That's probably entirely wrong, but it is a possible explanation.

Phew!

I suspect he is a bit anxious still about his condition and being alone is scarier to him. That's probably entirely wrong, but it is a possible explanation.

That was my thought also.
Thank you!

We now have no water supply to the RV. It's all bottled water. And the RV owner wants Dennis to pull out the fold down couch, get on his knees and replace all the old rotten plumbing. He said no. They may ask us to exit the RV.

Meanwhile, dennis' doc called this morning. They found blood in his stool sample done last week. But, he's to crawl around in a space the size of a bathtub on knees that don't work because they have not taken care of their RV. Oh, and we are of course to chop up that huge branch too.

NOT!

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

CzNIyJDXUAMc3iY.jpg

Going back into down mode again. But before I hit rock bottom, I wanted to personally thank saveliberty again for his kindness to us. Hi st that one thing he had the wisdom to understand that would give us another day of being human, meant more than we can express. So, save liberty, thank you for that. Very much, thank you.

Going back into down mode again. But before I hit rock bottom, I wanted to personally thank saveliberty again for his kindness to us. Hi st that one thing he had the wisdom to understand that would give us another day of being human, meant more than we can express. So, save liberty, thank you for that. Very much, thank you.

You are human and my friend Gracie. You are of great value to me and sharing our lives is a privilege. I am nothing, but a conduit of God's love for you, thank you for letting me help all be it small and inadequate.

Jan 24 and the only snow left in my yard is the piles in the front created by the plows. We've had couple large storms, for awhile contemplated getting a snow rake for the roof, glad I didnt waste the money.
Things have been breaking at a wicked pace here. Broke my leg right after Thanksgiving, currently in the therapy phase, then the furnace broke, then my car, then my computer. All potentially big tickets. havent fixed any of em yet. Did get a control board for the furnace ordered for much cheaper than was quoted hopefully my temporary Macgyver fix will hold until then. Car is next...couldnt drive so why fix it. Computer I threw out..was old Windows Vista not worth saving a third time. might go laptop route this time. Need to find a way though to use my 5.1 surround sound system with it.

Jan 24 and the only snow left in my yard is the piles in the front created by the plows. We've had couple large storms, for awhile contemplated getting a snow rake for the roof, glad I didnt waste the money.
Things have been breaking at a wicked pace here. Broke my leg right after Thanksgiving, currently in the therapy phase, then the furnace broke, then my car, then my computer. All potentially big tickets. havent fixed any of em yet. Did get a control board for the furnace ordered for much cheaper than was quoted hopefully my temporary Macgyver fix will hold until then. Car is next...couldnt drive so why fix it. Computer I threw out..was old Windows Vista not worth saving a third time. might go laptop route this time. Need to find a way though to use my 5.1 surround sound system with it.

Wow Mots, if troubles come in threes you should be due for a long lucky streak. We'll hope so.

I must be in the minority cuz I loathe Gaga.

Gaga has a lot of original talent. But, I cannot patronize (in good conscience) an individual whose qualifications, education, and/or opinions are no more valid than my own... And one who thinks her opinion is superior to mine.
You "talk" with me don'tcha...... :eusa_whistle:
But I appreciate your opinions. They seem rather sane, actually. Geezer Power!!!

Around 2 -3ish the winds they called for arrived with a vengeance, 3:30 the power went out. Around 5 I grabbed the Colman lanterns, as soon as I did the power came back on...... for now...... We're getting 64 mph gusts and they're supposed to slow down some but not much.

Yes we're getting exactly the same here.
We had sleet, very rare here in the high desert.

We both like Hubbies nurse, who came by this afternoon.
There will be another one also at the beginig of next week.
This one who came today was amazed that he is not on oxygen.
With that low amout of actual heart working he should not have a 90 plus percent oxygen level.
Are you on city water, well or cistern? We like the Picture Rocks area but the monthly water costs listed for those properties average just over $500 per month so I'm assuming cistern, that's outrageous.

We live in a suburb outside of Benson and we have well water that goes to all of the homes out here.
Our water bill is 36.00 a month.
We're charged for amount used at so much per gallon used.
Some out here who have backyard gardens have around 300.00 a month during the summer.
Benson has a suburb? Things must have changed significantly since I was down in Sierra Vista.

The mobil home side has been here since the 70's and the wood frame home side since to 80's. LOL
I had a relative who lived in Benson. I don't remember where and she's been dead a long time now. But I do remember the pomegranate tree in the backyard, and the front yard was green-painted rocks and cactus in pots. Does that Mexican restaurant on the "main drag" still exist. It was a shop front place, linoleum floors, and tables and chairs straight out of the Fifties? Best Mexican food I ever had.

Will send positive vibes your way, my friend.

Our dear Kat is one of our charter members in the Coffee Shop--those who started posting here the first few weeks in 2010 when we first started. She was gone from USMB for some time, so a lot of you who joined us in the last two or three years probably don't know her. But our old timers will especially want to know that her mom who has been on the vigil list for months now passed away today. I know we all send our most comforting thoughts and prayers to her and her family.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Ernie for wellness,
Sbiker for wellness,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
Grace for wellness and Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition who need a break big time right now.
Comfort for Kat and her family in the passing of her mom.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

116247.jpg
Condolences to Kat and her family.

Some go up, some go down. It's like we're all riding on some kind of karmic merry-go-round.
An update on Sachenda, my daughter's former mentor. She's not doing well. Her husband has decided to retire so that he can spend as much quality time as possible with her before the end, however soon/late that may be. I understand that the brain cancer has consumed most of what Sachenda was, her memories, her personality, so much. She's been described to me as pretty much a shell with her face on it.
Weather here has been wintery. Lots of snow and cold. Due to a shipping error, almost every company that provides snow removal for aircraft ran out of de-ice/anti-ice fluids. One company did have a different supplier, so traffic was slow but not stopped. Since Anchorage handles the third largest number of cargo aircraft in the world, stopping air traffic here would really impact commerce in this country.
Well, I hope everyone finds improvement in their situations. I'll be emanating all the best, most positive energies I can muster.

A thought came to me tonight while I was taking my shower. I remember it coming to me just after I had soaped up my right arm but before I had rinsed it off. A simple idea but a really good one. I shall share it with you for your opinion. Everybody knows that bologna comes round because that is the way they make it. It comes in a long round tube and you slice off what you want or if you buy it in the store already sliced it's still round. Well, seems to me that it would be better to make it square. The round slices don't fit on your bread real well when you make a sandwich. There are places on your sandwich that don't have any bologna on it like around the corners of the bread. If bologna was made in a square shape it would fit your bread perfectly and there would be no corners of your bread that didn't have bologna on it. Also the cheese you could put on your sandwich would fit perfectly too. Who's in charge of bologna? I mean if I wrote somebody a letter to discuss this issue, who would I send it to? Is there something like a Bologna Advisory Board or something? I think this is a great idea. What say you?

A thought came to me tonight while I was taking my shower. I remember it coming to me just after I had soaped up my right arm but before I had rinsed it off. A simple idea but a really good one. I shall share it with you for your opinion. Everybody knows that bologna comes round because that is the way they make it. It comes in a long round tube and you slice off what you want or if you buy it in the store already sliced it's still round. Well, seems to me that it would be better to make it square. The round slices don't fit on your bread real well when you make a sandwich. There are places on your sandwich that don't have any bologna on it like around the corners of the bread. If bologna was made in a square shape it would fit your bread perfectly and there would be no corners of your bread that didn't have bologna on it. Also the cheese you could put on your sandwich would fit perfectly too. Who's in charge of bologna? I mean if I wrote somebody a letter to discuss this issue, who would I send it to? Is there something like a Bologna Advisory Board or something? I think this is a great idea. What say you?
Well, traditionally, lunch meats, like bologna, consisted of ground and seasoned meat pressed into the intestines of some animal. Intestines only come in "round". More modern concoctions, such as olive- or pickle-loaf do, in fact, come in a "square" configuration. Perhaps you could consult the makers of various "loaf" lunch meats and see whether they might adopt their processing methods and produce a more sammich-friendly "square" product?

My wagon hasn't been trackin real good for awhile now :dunno:, but has anyone ever thought of contacting the bakers and having all loaves of bread baked in round cans... Just a thought from the p-nut gallery...

Forum List

Back