USMB Coffee Shop IV

Some go up, some go down. It's like we're all riding on some kind of karmic merry-go-round.
An update on Sachenda, my daughter's former mentor. She's not doing well. Her husband has decided to retire so that he can spend as much quality time as possible with her before the end, however soon/late that may be. I understand that the brain cancer has consumed most of what Sachenda was, her memories, her personality, so much. She's been described to me as pretty much a shell with her face on it.
Weather here has been wintery. Lots of snow and cold. Due to a shipping error, almost every company that provides snow removal for aircraft ran out of de-ice/anti-ice fluids. One company did have a different supplier, so traffic was slow but not stopped. Since Anchorage handles the third largest number of cargo aircraft in the world, stopping air traffic here would really impact commerce in this country.
Well, I hope everyone finds improvement in their situations. I'll be emanating all the best, most positive energies I can muster.

I wish there was more we could do for people like Sachendra and your daughter who loves her. But she remains on the list.

Snow is a good thing for you, yes? The ice not so much. And I can see how running out of the stuff to deal with it would be pretty bad.

I'm betting you have mixed emotions about retiring. I can see how ghastly a job it can be in the winter, but also how much you realize the good that you do.

My wagon hasn't been trackin real good for awhile now :dunno:, but has anyone ever thought of contacting the bakers and having all loaves of bread baked in round cans... Just a thought from the p-nut gallery...

I think making our peanut butter and jelly wouldn't be so easy using bread from a round can.

Bologna is best sliced half way...Like a pie...But the center uncut. Then fried til almost burned. Only way I would eat it, meself and it has been over 40 years since I had some.

By the way, slicing it thusly makes it fry better so it does not bubble up.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

A thought came to me tonight while I was taking my shower. I remember it coming to me just after I had soaped up my right arm but before I had rinsed it off. A simple idea but a really good one. I shall share it with you for your opinion. Everybody knows that bologna comes round because that is the way they make it. It comes in a long round tube and you slice off what you want or if you buy it in the store already sliced it's still round. Well, seems to me that it would be better to make it square. The round slices don't fit on your bread real well when you make a sandwich. There are places on your sandwich that don't have any bologna on it like around the corners of the bread. If bologna was made in a square shape it would fit your bread perfectly and there would be no corners of your bread that didn't have bologna on it. Also the cheese you could put on your sandwich would fit perfectly too. Who's in charge of bologna? I mean if I wrote somebody a letter to discuss this issue, who would I send it to? Is there something like a Bologna Advisory Board or something? I think this is a great idea. What say you?
Well, traditionally, lunch meats, like bologna, consisted of ground and seasoned meat pressed into the intestines of some animal. Intestines only come in "round". More modern concoctions, such as olive- or pickle-loaf do, in fact, come in a "square" configuration. Perhaps you could consult the makers of various "loaf" lunch meats and see whether they might adopt their processing methods and produce a more sammich-friendly "square" product?

Yes! That's why I prefer spiced luncheon meat over bologna (that I really don't care for) because it is square and just the right size for a sandwich. Of course so is pickle loaf that I won't eat. Choices. . .

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Ernie for wellness,
Sbiker for wellness,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
Grace for wellness and Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition who need a break big time right now.
Comfort for Kat and her family in the passing of her mom.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Alaska sunset
alaska-sunset-orange-sky-wallpaper-533f8a61a9b2a.jpg

Meanwhile, I think I have stayed off down mode. I spent money I should not have spent on a portable DVD player...For car, electric or battery usage. Three backups, so I can watch Pick Me Up movies I love. Just finished Hobbit Unexpected Journey. Tomorrow, Desolation of Smaug. Etc etc. These Hobbit/LOTR movies let me escape and live in middle earth. As Gandalf said "it's the small things that hold the darkness at bay"...So I consider it money well spent in the long run.

Some go up, some go down. It's like we're all riding on some kind of karmic merry-go-round.
An update on Sachenda, my daughter's former mentor. She's not doing well. Her husband has decided to retire so that he can spend as much quality time as possible with her before the end, however soon/late that may be. I understand that the brain cancer has consumed most of what Sachenda was, her memories, her personality, so much. She's been described to me as pretty much a shell with her face on it.
Weather here has been wintery. Lots of snow and cold. Due to a shipping error, almost every company that provides snow removal for aircraft ran out of de-ice/anti-ice fluids. One company did have a different supplier, so traffic was slow but not stopped. Since Anchorage handles the third largest number of cargo aircraft in the world, stopping air traffic here would really impact commerce in this country.
Well, I hope everyone finds improvement in their situations. I'll be emanating all the best, most positive energies I can muster.

I wish there was more we could do for people like Sachendra and your daughter who loves her. But she remains on the list.

Snow is a good thing for you, yes? The ice not so much. And I can see how running out of the stuff to deal with it would be pretty bad.

I'm betting you have mixed emotions about retiring. I can see how ghastly a job it can be in the winter, but also how much you realize the good that you do.
I really do like my job. It's still amazing to me, watching one of these HUGE airplanes taxi in and park. They really are so big, how can such a thing fly? But lately, I have been feeling my age. It's in my bones and in my muscle. It's more difficult to move, to bend, to lift and climb the way I used to. I am slowing down physically, if not mentally.
For us, snow is a good thing. Snow actually acts to insulate the earth and protect root systems and cellars from freezing. Snow provides the moisture that protects from rampant wildfires. The last few years have had so little snow, that's why our wildfire season has started earlier and been far more destructive.
I am supportive of my daughter when it comes to Sachenda's condition. There is little enough in their one-income budget and when Sachenda passes, my daughter will face the choice of spending scarce financial resources to come home, whether she brings her daughters, or comes alone, leaving the daughters alone should Dad be deployed at the time. If I could be with them, I could at least take care of the family while she attended Sachenda's family. Sachenda's passing will devastate her husband. He has already questioned his faith...a tragedy for such a good man. I just hope he is able to overcome his grief.

I really do like my job. It's still amazing to me, watching one of these HUGE airplanes taxi in and park. They really are so big, how can such a thing fly? But lately, I have been feeling my age. It's in my bones and in my muscle. It's more difficult to move, to bend, to lift and climb the way I used to. I am slowing down physically, if not mentally.
For us, snow is a good thing. Snow actually acts to insulate the earth and protect root systems and cellars from freezing. Snow provides the moisture that protects from rampant wildfires. The last few years have had so little snow, that's why our wildfire season has started earlier and been far more destructive.
I am supportive of my daughter when it comes to Sachenda's condition. There is little enough in their one-income budget and when Sachenda passes, my daughter will face the choice of spending scarce financial resources to come home, whether she brings her daughters, or comes alone, leaving the daughters alone should Dad be deployed at the time. If I could be with them, I could at least take care of the family while she attended Sachenda's family. Sachenda's passing will devastate her husband. He has already questioned his faith...a tragedy for such a good man. I just hope he is able to overcome his grief.

Tell him diseases are caused and controlled by the devil not God.
The Bible says it.
The devil does this to belivers so that they do lose their faith.

I'm sorry I broke the coffee shop rules, but I think this was important enough for GW to know.

Last edited:

Tell him diseases are caused and controlled by the devil not God.
The Bible says it.
The devil does this to belivers so that they do lose their faith.

I'm sorry I broke the coffee shop rules, but I think this was important enough for GW to know.

We don't able to choose the destiny. But we able to keep own attitude to destiny...

I must be in the minority cuz I loathe Gaga.

Gaga has a lot of original talent. But, I cannot patronize (in good conscience) an individual whose qualifications, education, and/or opinions are no more valid than my own... And one who thinks her opinion is superior to mine.
You "talk" with me don'tcha...... :eusa_whistle:
But I appreciate your opinions. They seem rather sane, actually. Geezer Power!!!
Sane? You must have me confused with someone else. :dunno:

I missed where Kat's mom passed on. Kat, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, I lost my parents a few years back, my heart goes out to you.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
We now have a brand new Gray color, Kia Soul. :biggrin: Without the hamsters.
This car is perfect for him, and is easy to get his seat walker in and out for me.
I feel so much better with a new vehicle.
Hubby did really well being out and about for more than 4 hrs. today.
His vital readings are all almost normal this morning, this should not be. :) Very happy.
He is an amazing man.

This car is perfect for him, and is easy to get his seat walker in and out for me.
His vital readings are all almost normal this morning, this should not be. :) Very happy.
He is an amazing man.

He indeed must be. And he's lucky to have an amazing lady as a caretaker. But the prayers will keep coming to you both.

Last edited:
Sheesh! Sherman is poaching my leftover dinner that I was hoping to save for later. I put the plate in the oven and I'm hoping he hasn't figured out a way to get into that.
It's loads warmer here, low 20's. Of course, we'll get snow shortly, no doubt.
Overall, life is good. I wish so many others were as well off as I am. My best to everyone in the CS.

Happy to all with day of holy Tatiana - day of all students! :)

In this day in 1755 year empress Elisabet I of Russia signed the order to create Moscow University - first University in Russia.

Policeman, patrolling park, find the drunk student, sleeping at bench, and near - a book. Reads the heading "Theory of field, by Einstein". - Wake up, agronomist! :)

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Ernie for wellness,
Sbiker for wellness,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
Grace for wellness and Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition who need a break big time right now.
Comfort for Kat and her family in the passing of her mom.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Lost Sea Caverns, Tennessee
The-Lost-Sea_Mysterious-place_16246.jpg

He is an amazing man.
He has an amazing nurse.Why would he not be amazing?

Now is good snowy day, when the sleeping in warm place - a best idea for all. Yesterday I was watching some movies, trailers, reading reviews and now want to make "an impudent advertising" - to share my opinion about some Russian movies :)

First, I re-watch "28 Panfilov's men" at my home TV and strongly recommend to see it, if it would be in US distribution, or you don't afraid an subtitles... It's a film, crowd-funded by Russian people and it's reconstruction of awesome quality, at level of best world reconstruction movies. It's about WWII from Russian side. I've seen "Fury" (excellent film), and "Unser mütter unsere väter" (very interesting, except some rude mistakes ;)), but "28 Panfilov's men" also made at level of "every rivet is right" style...

Second, I do not recommend to perceive seriously new Russian blockbuster "Viking'. It's a large project of our "1st channel" (big media company), with large finances, with good actors and stuntmen, promoted everywhere... I know it would be in US distribution too.. But all declarations about "it close to history" and so on are full nonsense. Nothing similar to real history. Story is far from historic chronicles, costumes are without any critic, logic of characters is misunderstandable and as "historic movies" it's just another brilliant of anti-Russian propaganda... So, as fantasy movie - it's really nice.

And third, I'm waiting new film of Bondarchuk "Attraction" (see trailer) - it's seems very interesting. Fedor Bondarchuk is a master of battle fantasy movies. His "Inhabited Island" was excellent. His "9th company" and "Stalingrad" are very awful as historic films, but as fantasy - also very good. Awaiting release with impatience...

What movies could you recommend for me now? Do you like a films about WWII, and which films do you like?
As for me, I'm dreaming now about this evening, warm tea and another new movie at my TV... or in cinema at holidays - I like it too... ;)

Forum List

Back