USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, we are back in the RV, and came "home" to it to find yet another huge branch that fell and barely missed the RV itself. Circumference of the limb is the size of my thigh. The rest of the tree will come down probably this weekend due to high wind adviseries...40 to 60 miles per hour. Needless to say, our vans are parked across the street in a bare field..And when this thing starts rocking...I am heading to my van. Mrg is more brave so I doubt if he goes to his.

Thumb is twice its size and hurts like crazy. Major flare-up going on in that hand. Just took a Tylenol to see if it helps since I don't get norcos until the 25th, so I have to suffer this the best I can.

The heathens at the motel were noisy over our heads with stomping but other than that, it could have been worse I guess.

That's it for today's report so far.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

You can't take ibuprophen or naproxen or even aspirin? Would be more effective than tylenol for that kind of pain.
No nsaids. Colitis and diverticulitis and IBM. Pharmacy said nope..Just Tylenol. Was feeling better until I tried sleeping in the van just now and having to rearrange it all for me and karma to be comfy...And wound up making it hurt again. Mrg gave me one of his vicodins. It still aches. The list is one doozy of a flare-up. Ouch. Triple ouch.[emoji47]

:lol:. Mr. P doesn't drink and I only on special occations, like our aniversary, or Halloween or Chistmas parties and I only have about 2 frozen margaritas for the whole night.
If I drink 6 beers I'm pretty snookered !
I hope hubbie gets well enough in order to vist Doc Holliday!
We really want to hear that band live. :)

<blink, blink>
Six beers?

:eek:

Meanwhile the front of the RV floorboard is soaking wet. The whole thing is tarped, yet the carpet is soggy. There is nothing more we can do. We told them the problems when they let us sleep in it and we warned them about the tree, the cheap tarp they bought, the soggy ground, the ants...All to no avail because they ignored those warnings.

Next lull in this storm, I'm hauling my stuff and my ass outta here. Mrg can sleep in a now soggy interior RV, but I'm not.

Mildew is a big health issue Gracie.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Ernie for wellness,
Sbiker for wellness,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
Grace for wellness and Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition who need a break big time right now.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Sunset over El Paso
7981641033_c158284290_z.jpg
Lovely sunset! :thewave: :)

Mr. Peaches home nurse is coming by this afternoon.
Means a whole bunch of new information that we need to learn. :)
He got some really good sleep last night, and he is walking around much stronger today
He did well at the Docs office yesterday also.

:lol:. Mr. P doesn't drink and I only on special occations, like our aniversary, or Halloween or Chistmas parties and I only have about 2 frozen margaritas for the whole night.

<blink, blink>
Six beers?

Yep!
I'm totally out of control with 2 shots of straiight Tequila. :lmao:

Hence hubbies nickname for me ,wildthing. :)

Last edited:
Cool this morning, had a lot of rain earlier and just had a relatively brief period of sunshine but it's gone now. Haven't seen the winds they said we were supposed to get. As soon as I was up Giz and Jasper wanted out, Jasper stepped out turned around and came back in, Giz lasted about a half an hour before he wanted back in. As soon as the sun came out he was chaffing at the bits to go back outside, with this next batch of rain moving in he should be back soon........ :lol:

Just looked out back, Giz is huddled on a lawn chair under the covered porch like a kid who's lips are turning blue but refuses to come in...........

<blink, blink>
Six beers?

Yep!
I'm totally out of control with 2 shots of straiight Tequila. :lmao:

Hence hubbies nickname for me ,wildthing. :)

I love tequila too :) But the secret is to stop in right time, close to 1 liter it makes me feel not so good :)))

My drinking days are long behind me, but when we still did, it was a couple of glasses of champagne--sometimes just one--that put me on my ear. I couldn't handle the stuff at all.

Sorry for the Gracie 's and their continued weather/RV woes but the time there is growing shorter day by day. If you have completed the medical stuff and everything, can you head north sooner than February?

We woke up to a snowy world this morning but with intermittant sun and clouds with more rain and snow forecast today but it's 40f degrees out there so the snow is fast melting. It is supposed to get into the 20's tonight so I sure hope everything is dried out so we don't have ice in the morning.

I looked at the map in California too Gracie and it looks like you're clear except for one teeny cloud hanging over your area. Go figure.

Well, we are back in the RV, and came "home" to it to find yet another huge branch that fell and barely missed the RV itself. Circumference of the limb is the size of my thigh. The rest of the tree will come down probably this weekend due to high wind adviseries...40 to 60 miles per hour. Needless to say, our vans are parked across the street in a bare field..And when this thing starts rocking...I am heading to my van. Mrg is more brave so I doubt if he goes to his.

Thumb is twice its size and hurts like crazy. Major flare-up going on in that hand. Just took a Tylenol to see if it helps since I don't get norcos until the 25th, so I have to suffer this the best I can.

The heathens at the motel were noisy over our heads with stomping but other than that, it could have been worse I guess.

That's it for today's report so far.

You can't take ibuprophen or naproxen or even aspirin? Would be more effective than tylenol for that kind of pain.
No nsaids. Colitis and diverticulitis and IBM. Pharmacy said nope..Just Tylenol. Was feeling better until I tried sleeping in the van just now and having to rearrange it all for me and karma to be comfy...And wound up making it hurt again. Mrg gave me one of his vicodins. It still aches. The list is one doozy of a flare-up. Ouch. Triple ouch.[emoji47]

That would be tough. Tylenol provides no antiflammatory med at all. Nor does Vicodin or Percocet for that matter. Nsaids do have their own set of uglies, but they sure are the most effective OTC meds for arthritis pain.

Today, my left hand/thumb hurts so bad, I have constant tears. The Tylenol is not doing anything now...And I am suffering badly. Might go to ER, because this pain is unbearable today. Mrg has to pull my pants up and down Everytime I have to go to the bathroom. No thumb to use. Gotta have thumbs. If the right one goes out doing double duty, I am totally helpless cuz I still have the runs, so I go along for the past 3 weeks. And of course the doc didn't bother to address it when I last visited him.

Today, my left hand/thumb hurts so bad, I have constant tears. The Tylenol is not doing anything now...And I am suffering badly. Might go to ER, because this pain is unbearable today. Mrg has to pull my pants up and down Everytime I have to go to the bathroom. No thumb to use. Gotta have thumbs. If the right one goes out doing double duty, I am totally helpless cuz I still have the runs, so I go along for the past 3 weeks. And of course the doc didn't bother to address it when I last visited him.

So sorry Gracie, but yes, get some help. A cortisone shot, anything, to get you relief.

Forum List

Back