USMB Coffee Shop IV

We are leaving for the motel tomorrow. Last night here in the leaky RV, for which I am thankful because it now smells of shrooms, mold and bleach. Can't handle it anymore, even though it's money we can't really afford to spend...Our health is more important. Then, next week...Off on another unexpected adventure up north.

I tried to stay here. Tried for months. It just is not to be. But I did try. I think I sent out at least 200 emails and texts and phone calls asking about rooms, houses, apts, etc...All to no avail. I guess 39 years here meant nothing.

So..New county, new town, new life at our ages. Who would thunk?
Certainly not us.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Grow where your planted works better for mushrooms than people.

Tomorrow... emm... already today I'm going to meet with my schoolmates in traditional meeting somewhere in a beer bar. It's interesting, who would be there this year... I hope, my school love would visit this meeting - but usually she ignores its - so sad...

About twenty two years, when I've completed this school and entered at University... :)

? You'll be in school 22 years before you enter the university?

No, it was 22 years ago. I was 16 (a some months younger, because I was born at autumn :))

Hi America, I am up at your bedtime. It is coming up to 6am and I cant sleep so I got up.
There is a TV film channel starting at six but its a repeat, so I will have to watch a DVD.

So, last night, a customer (mid 50's) offered a very drunk woman (30) a ride. She has a broken leg, so he backed his pick-up onto the lawn out front to make it easier for her.
What he didn't notice at the time were the hitching posts (4" octagonal wood sunk 18" in the ground) He backed completely over 1 and pushed the second over 45 degrees. OK I can maybe understand not noticing hitting the posts, but when he pulled forward, the one under the truck caught the rear bumper and lifted the rear of the truck off the ground. His second attempt at full power lifted the truck again and the back end came down a foot or so to the right.
He HAD to feel that, but he took off almost hitting a car in the lot on his way out.
Posts aren't damaged, but the lawn is torn up and post hole diggers will be needed.
ASSHAT!
Buzzed driving is drunk driving in Alaska.
Had the cops been around, it would have cost him about 4 grand to keep his license.
For many years now, I have restricted my alcohol intake to home. First: I will not drive "buzzed", or otherwise impaired. It's iced tea or coffee for me, so I'd be a designated helper if I hung out at your place. Second: It breaks my cheap-assed heart to pay as much for one drink as it would cost me to buy the whole six-pack or fifth and take it home for "safe" consumption. At home, we usually judge we are too inebriated when we can no longer count-out for cribbage.
Damned old people!

Some years I drove "buzzed"... but one day at evening I wanted to visit shop at neighbour village to buy some beer more, and got into police raid. They stopped me but didn't find I'm drunk,because I admitted of other rules violation at once.... After it I never drink when driving, because I don't believe, in other cases it would be so easy for me. In Russia there are a strong rules against alcohol - if you have in blood any alcohol, you'll got at least serious fee and cancel of license for the several months... If you repeat it - you can get in prison for some months...

Now I prefer to smoke, when I'm driving :) Or to use foots and another transport - in towns it's not a problem :)

Hi America, I am up at your bedtime. It is coming up to 6am and I cant sleep so I got up.
There is a TV film channel starting at six but its a repeat, so I will have to watch a DVD.

High! You're only up, but I'm already at office and starting to work! For the change of one day, I was sick this week :)

You're in Greenwich area, I'm in +3 timezone (and my clients in +5 timezone :))

Last edited:

High! You're only up, but I'm already at office and starting to work! For the change of one day, I was sick this week :)

You're in Greenwich, I'm in +3 zone (and my clients in +5 timezone :))

I remember work ! but I am retired now.

It's just a chance to make own work more comfortable and interesting :)) And also to watch films, when you want... Early morning, with a potion of oatmeal (with butter), a sandwitch with sausage and another one with jam and a cup of coffee with milk.

Is it right, the British tradition is to drink tea without anything? I like it, but my wife taught me to use sweet snacks with tea - cookies, chocolate and so on...

And sometimes I drink tea in "Soviet style" - sugared, but with non-sweet sandwitch :))

It's just a chance to make own work more comfortable and interesting :)) And also to watch films, when you want... Early morning, with a potion of oatmeal (with butter), a sandwitch with sausage and another one with jam and a cup of coffee with milk.

Is it right, the British tradition is to drink tea without anything? I like it, but my wife taught me to use sweet snacks with tea - cookies, chocolate and so on...

And sometimes I drink tea in "Soviet style" - sugared, but with non-sweet sandwitch :))

If I get up early I have a cup of tea and a small apple pie. Later I have some breakfast cereal.

Good morning Dajjal and sbiker. It is going on midnight here in the Mountain zone and I will be headed to bed shortly. It is afternoon in Ho Chi Minh City where esthermoon is, close to Dajjal's time for IFJ in Scotland and Dalia in France. I imagine our midwesterners and easterners here in the states are already in bed but our west coasters and GallantWarrior are still up for awhile. It all makes sense to me until one of our Aussies show up and I just can't quite get the hang of what time it is there.

But anyway you folks across the pond have a great day and I'll see you sometime tomorrow.

Goodnight darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ernie for wellness,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Gracie for wellness and Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition who need a break big time right now.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

snowy-flowers.jpg

While you all sleeping, let's organize the minute of depression about a targets we hadn't reached in our life... :)

P.S. Whining cat and whining fly,
Whining airplane at sky,
Eye is whining from shampoo....
Let yourself be whining too :)

Same here Dajal, except mine is closer to morning and something from work is bothering me.

While you all sleeping, let's organize the minute of depression about a targets we hadn't reached in our life... :)

Whining airplane at sky,

I don't call it whining though. I call it venting, and I allow myself 20 minutes of each day to do that. It is cathartic and refreshing and I'm usually bored with it by the time I'm done. The rest of the day I can then approach with more positive attitude. Usually. Well mostly. Well some of the time.

I have always loved the song and it can be interpreted so many different ways. I prefer the explanation that it is a call to give up and stop fighting what we cannot change. Sometimes to lay down our guns and walk away can be the most noble and positive choice.

Last edited:
We are now done with the RV and are now in our motel room for the next 4 days. I won't miss the RV, but I am thankful for the shelter it did us in our time of need.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Well I'm glad you three are in a clean, dry, unsmelly place. And we will hope it is smooth sailing from now on.

So, last night, a customer (mid 50's) offered a very drunk woman (30) a ride. She has a broken leg, so he backed his pick-up onto the lawn out front to make it easier for her.
What he didn't notice at the time were the hitching posts (4" octagonal wood sunk 18" in the ground) He backed completely over 1 and pushed the second over 45 degrees. OK I can maybe understand not noticing hitting the posts, but when he pulled forward, the one under the truck caught the rear bumper and lifted the rear of the truck off the ground. His second attempt at full power lifted the truck again and the back end came down a foot or so to the right.
He HAD to feel that, but he took off almost hitting a car in the lot on his way out.
Posts aren't damaged, but the lawn is torn up and post hole diggers will be needed.
ASSHAT!
Buzzed driving is drunk driving in Alaska.
Had the cops been around, it would have cost him about 4 grand to keep his license.
For many years now, I have restricted my alcohol intake to home. First: I will not drive "buzzed", or otherwise impaired. It's iced tea or coffee for me, so I'd be a designated helper if I hung out at your place. Second: It breaks my cheap-assed heart to pay as much for one drink as it would cost me to buy the whole six-pack or fifth and take it home for "safe" consumption. At home, we usually judge we are too inebriated when we can no longer count-out for cribbage.
Damned old people!

Some years I drove "buzzed"... but one day at evening I wanted to visit shop at neighbour village to buy some beer more, and got into police raid. They stopped me but didn't find I'm drunk,because I admitted of other rules violation at once.... After it I never drink when driving, because I don't believe, in other cases it would be so easy for me. In Russia there are a strong rules against alcohol - if you have in blood any alcohol, you'll got at least serious fee and cancel of license for the several months... If you repeat it - you can get in prison for some months...

Now I prefer to smoke, when I'm driving :) Or to use foots and another transport - in towns it's not a problem :)
Ummm...what do you smoke? Here in Alaska, it's legal to smoke marijuana...

You're in Greenwich area, I'm in +3 timezone (and my clients in +5 timezone :))
Time zone changes...so funny. If want to talk to my daughter (in Okinawa) I have to count -6 hours +a day.

Oatmeal is good. I also like miso or some other light snack.

Whining airplane at sky,

ли я сказать вам, что кафе было бы здорово?

Whining airplane at sky,

ли я сказать вам, что кафе было бы здорово?

I don't know what you said GW, but I trust you completely that it is legal for the Coffee Shop. :)

Forum List

Back