USMB Coffee Shop IV

I didn't go out to get coffee this morning, so I'm making coffee at home. I hate making coffee. The worst part is waiting for it to be done! I want coffee now!

The hydrogen and oxygen combine naturally here. The rest involves a filter, coffee and coffee maker. Mrs. Liberty can do it in a near sleep state.

Do you know, coffee, prepared in your way is full of hydrogen oxide!!!!!

Dammit. I give up. Typing on a cell is just not possible.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Nooooooo Please don't give up. Inquiring minds want to know what's going on with you.

Kat, which style of music do you prefer, I'll try to give you a Russian analogue :)

I honestly love most all styles.......it has to be REAL music though.

Better stop....I could go on and on and on. I like it all....but not Rap style.

;)

I don't remember any teams of this movie, but I remember death metal... not only - a mix from trash metal styles an so on, which was popular at local scenes, including our town :)) A lot of beer, a lot of hairs... some fist fighting near the concert-hall :))))))))

LOL, the Russians and Americans do have a lot in common. :)

Nooooooo Please don't give up. Inquiring minds want to know what's going on with you.

Kat, which style of music do you prefer, I'll try to give you a Russian analogue :)

;)

I don't remember any teams of this movie, but I remember death metal... not only - a mix from trash metal styles an so on, which was popular at local scenes, including our town :)) A lot of beer, a lot of hairs... some fist fighting near the concert-hall :))))))))

LOL, the Russians and Americans do have a lot in common. :)

I thought, mass fighting group against group using only hands... and sometimes a legs - a specific Russian tradition :))

;)

My favorite metal is 80s metal, and Metallica!

;)

I don't know if it's true at all, but I saw an article from a couple of years ago that claimed Russia was "cracking down" on death metal, cancelling concerts and such. It was about Cannibal Corpse (I band I AM a fan of) particularly. According to the article, there is a strong Orthodox Christian element in Russia that has become more vocal in recent years, and they have pushed to not allow death metal concerts.

Of course it was just one article and I have no first hand experience about it at all. :D

;)

Too bad they were only really good in the 80s. :p

Sadly, the original lead guitarist (Cliff Burton) for Metallica was killed in a bus accident at just 24 years old.

Cliff Burton - Wikipedia

Shortly after Burton's death, Jason Newsted from Flotsam and Jetsam became Metallica's new bassist, a position he held until his resignation in 2001. The role has since been filled by producer and studio musician Bob Rock and by the former bassist of Suicidal Tendencies and Ozzy Osbourne, Robert Trujillo.

Metallica wrote a tribute to Burton titled "To Live Is to Die" for ...And Justice for All. Burton also received a writing credit for the lyrics and bass parts that were taken from unused bass recordings done by Burton which were re-recorded by Jason Newsted.[19] A non-Metallica tribute to Burton is the song "In My Darkest Hour" by thrash metal band Megadeth. According to Dave Mustaine, due to hearing of Burton's death, he sat down and wrote the music for the song in one sitting. The lyrics, however, are unrelated to Burton's death. Mustaine was Metallica's lead guitarist in the early days and was a close friend of Burton at the time.[20]

On October 3, 2006, a memorial stone was unveiled in Sweden near the scene of the fatal crash. It is located by the parking lot to Gyllene Rasten.

Thrash metal band Anthrax dedicated its album Among the Living to him, as did Metal Church with The Dark.

On April 4, 2009, Burton was posthumously inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, with fellow Metallica bandmates James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich and Kirk Hammett. Future bassists Jason Newsted and Robert Trujillo were inducted as well. During the ceremony, the induction was accepted by his father Ray Burton, who shared the stage with the band and mentioned that Cliff's mother was actually Metallica's biggest fan.

A biography, To Live Is to Die: The Life and Death of Metallica's Cliff Burton, written by Joel McIver, was published by Jawbone Press in June 2009. Hammett provided the book's foreword.[21]

November 2016 Metallica released their latest album 'Hardwired to Self Destruct'. This album features amongst new tracks a series of live recordings at Berkeley, California's legendary record store Rasputin Music. This in celebration of Record Store Day 16th April 2016. The song Fade to Black was played with lead singer James Hetfield dedicating the song to the late Cliff Burton. During the song Hetfield yells 'Can you hear us Cliff?'. [22]

Oops, sorry that should be bassist, not guitarist. Pretty tragic. I heard that he was still alive but that they dropped the bus on him while trying to get him out. That is just horrible.

The Day Metallica Bassist Cliff Burton Died in a Bus Accident

In the early morning hours of Sept. 27, 1986, shortly before 7AM, the band members were awakened abruptly when the bus began to careen from side to side. The driver later told authorities that he lost control of the bus after hitting a patch of black ice. The bus left the road and flipped over on its side, and Burton – who had been asleep in the preferred top bunk – was thrown through the window. As the bus came down, it landed on top of the 24-year-old musician.

Reportedly, attempts were made to rescue him from underneath the bus by lifting it with a crane, but the crane slipped, and the bus crashed down on top of Burton a second time. Band members and onlookers have given different accounts of whether Burton died upon first impact or when the bus came down again, but the promising young star died at the scene.

Metallica front man James Hetfield has said he walked up and down the road in his socks and underwear looking for black ice and found none, and the musicians have speculated off and on over the years about whether drinking or drugs could have played a role in the accident, or whether the driver fell asleep at the wheel. An investigation cleared the driver of any wrongdoing.

;)

I don't know if it's true at all, but I saw an article from a couple of years ago that claimed Russia was "cracking down" on death metal, cancelling concerts and such. It was about Cannibal Corpse (I band I AM a fan of) particularly. According to the article, there is a strong Orthodox Christian element in Russia that has become more vocal in recent years, and they have pushed to not allow death metal concerts.

Of course it was just one article and I have no first hand experience about it at all. :D

It's interesting. Russia, by default, a strong Christian country, but how it related to Cannibal Corpse - they have own party, not to crossed with active Christians... Church don't have right to forbid all, they don't like. In Russia Church and Christianity are a different things, and if Church allow yourself more, than Christian Church can - let them remember a Russian revolution :)
Death metal, primarily, it's a sort of art, no one, including priests, could to forbid it instead of art becoming a politic or propaganda...
So in late 90xx, when I was student, it was more popular than other styles... I don't know why... Maybe like a protest against official scene, which was more reacheable for other styles... 1.5 litres of 8% local "strong" beer, divided by four - and unlimited DRIVE !!!! :)))

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

;)

Some of their other stuff is pretty good. Maybe not as good as back in their day, but not terrible either. Maybe cutting their hair has something to do with it. Lol! :lol:

Sadly, the original lead guitarist (Cliff Burton) for Metallica was killed in a bus accident at just 24 years old.

Cliff Burton - Wikipedia

Shortly after Burton's death, Jason Newsted from Flotsam and Jetsam became Metallica's new bassist, a position he held until his resignation in 2001. The role has since been filled by producer and studio musician Bob Rock and by the former bassist of Suicidal Tendencies and Ozzy Osbourne, Robert Trujillo.

Metallica wrote a tribute to Burton titled "To Live Is to Die" for ...And Justice for All. Burton also received a writing credit for the lyrics and bass parts that were taken from unused bass recordings done by Burton which were re-recorded by Jason Newsted.[19] A non-Metallica tribute to Burton is the song "In My Darkest Hour" by thrash metal band Megadeth. According to Dave Mustaine, due to hearing of Burton's death, he sat down and wrote the music for the song in one sitting. The lyrics, however, are unrelated to Burton's death. Mustaine was Metallica's lead guitarist in the early days and was a close friend of Burton at the time.[20]

On October 3, 2006, a memorial stone was unveiled in Sweden near the scene of the fatal crash. It is located by the parking lot to Gyllene Rasten.

Thrash metal band Anthrax dedicated its album Among the Living to him, as did Metal Church with The Dark.

On April 4, 2009, Burton was posthumously inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, with fellow Metallica bandmates James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich and Kirk Hammett. Future bassists Jason Newsted and Robert Trujillo were inducted as well. During the ceremony, the induction was accepted by his father Ray Burton, who shared the stage with the band and mentioned that Cliff's mother was actually Metallica's biggest fan.

A biography, To Live Is to Die: The Life and Death of Metallica's Cliff Burton, written by Joel McIver, was published by Jawbone Press in June 2009. Hammett provided the book's foreword.[21]

November 2016 Metallica released their latest album 'Hardwired to Self Destruct'. This album features amongst new tracks a series of live recordings at Berkeley, California's legendary record store Rasputin Music. This in celebration of Record Store Day 16th April 2016. The song Fade to Black was played with lead singer James Hetfield dedicating the song to the late Cliff Burton. During the song Hetfield yells 'Can you hear us Cliff?'. [22]

Oh, Alcoholica is a classic of Metal groups... Have they released a new album at 2016.. I have to listen it!

;)

I am just enough older than you I think that I just don't get it. Not even Metallica. It doesn't sound like music to me.

Cliff Burton - Wikipedia

Oh, Alcoholica is a classic of Metal groups... Have they released a new album at 2016.. I have to listen it!

The first song on the new album reminds me of Damage Incorporated but not as good.

;)

Some of their other stuff is pretty good. Maybe not as good as back in their day, but not terrible either. Maybe cutting their hair has something to do with it. Lol! :lol:

I had a 40 cm hairs when I was a metal fanat! :)

I've always liked their cover of Whiskey in the Jar.

Oh, holy shit. A track I repeated in a period of my life, when my girl broke relations with me and it were a serious relations and I thought how to live furhther... Young man have a tend to dramatize the situation, but life is proceeding... Somewhere out of Molly's chamber too :)))

Oh, holy shit. A track I repeated in a period of my life, when my girl broke relations with me and it were a serious relations and I thought how to live furhther... Young man have a tend to dramatize the situation, but life is proceeding... Somewhere out of Molly's chamber too :)))

By the way, it also brings back memories about terrific student's parties (like in clip :))) I remember one day.... About ten students (from different high schools :)) at the flat of one. Two glass cans of 3 liters. And every can was filled by two 0.5 bottles of vodka and then filled in of beer - could you imagine? And this drink was dispences, using LADLE. Could you imagine that? Terrific. How could we stay alive after it - no ideas... :)

P.S. But where's an original clip of "Whiskey in the Jar", with drunk girls? :)

By the way, it also brings back memories about terrific student's parties (like in clip :))) I remember one day.... About ten students (from different high schools :)) at the flat of one. Two glass cans of 3 liters. And every can was filled by two 0.5 bottles of vodka and then filled in of beer - could you imagine? And this drink was dispences, using LADLE. Could you imagine that? Terrific. How could we stay alive after it - no ideas... :)

P.S. But where's an original clip of "Whiskey in the Jar", with drunk girls? :)

I didn't know if that would be appropriate coffee shop material. :D

All those days when the weather felt like autumn in December and January lulled us into complacency about this winter season. This morning we got a bucket of reality dumped over our collective heads. The dashboard thermometer confirmed what the electric sign at the Nazarene Church on St. Clair Avenue said: 12F.

The snow we got Wednesday has hung around and crunched under foot. Those who disregarded the snow and failed to shovel it are now faced with a layer of ice as well as that pesky snow. I can glance out of the window at the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate and estimate the snowfall by eyeing up the layer built up on the railing around the North Portico. Four inches is my professional estimate. Not enough to declare a snow day for the school kids or cancel CYA at St. Aloysius or even VFW Bingo night. But enough to put Mom into a mild panic about her stock of bread and milk and coffee.

She turns 83 years young come Monday. In my mind, Mom looked like Jackie Kennedy in the 1960s and 70s, Aunt Bea in the 1990s and 2000s. Her step is now much more measured for safety, her hair is thinning and dignifiedly silver, her hands are still caring and gentle, but now constantly chilled due to Reynauld's Syndrome. Mom is now one of the elder statesmen of the family.

But Mom was a terrific mother to my brother and me. She would let me take a turn steering Pop's big ol' Buick on Sunday drives whenever Pop was called to the print shop to print up a prayer card for a funeral. But in that same Le Sabre, Mom would become a disciplinarian of the first order. That broad golden wedding band on her left hand would swing over the front seat to 'correct' infractions of language or comportment in the rear seat. Clang! The wedding band would ricochet off a front tooth after the mouth that tooth was in made some egregious infraction.

My brother and sister-in-law are taking her to dinner Sunday afternoon. With Mom's birthday, the Days of Cake come to an end.

Goodnight darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Ernie for wellness,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Gracie for wellness and Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition who need a break big time right now.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

fb42812a2fd4f032038076d820cbc3dd.jpg
You can take me half way off the list. That nasty cold is gone. The quitting smoking part though.... I've tried, really hard, but whenever a particularly stressful situation hits me, I reach for a damned cigarette. The latest is more trouble with the ex. I just happened to access my checking account at the right time and discovered that she has been ripping me off to the tune of about 2 grand over the last several months. Funny thing is, I was about to load her motorcycle and take it to her in South Florida. I checked my account to see if I could swing a day or 2 in Key West.
She can't quite grasp the concept that she will get her bike after I get her check.
While this is still ongoing, I'm trying again and haven't had a cigarette in 10 days.

Forum List

Back