USMB Coffee Shop IV

Goodnight darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Ernie for wellness,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Gracie for wellness and Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition who need a break big time right now.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

fb42812a2fd4f032038076d820cbc3dd.jpg
You can take me half way off the list. That nasty cold is gone. The quitting smoking part though.... I've tried, really hard, but whenever a particularly stressful situation hits me, I reach for a damned cigarette. The latest is more trouble with the ex. I just happened to access my checking account at the right time and discovered that she has been ripping me off to the tune of about 2 grand over the last several months. Funny thing is, I was about to load her motorcycle and take it to her in South Florida. I checked my account to see if I could swing a day or 2 in Key West.
She can't quite grasp the concept that she will get her bike after I get her check.
While this is still ongoing, I'm trying again and haven't had a cigarette in 10 days.

Why don't you take her name off of your account? It sounds like she is very vindictive. You should really change all of your credit cards and accounts so that she can no longer access them. Maybe you should even call the police.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Kat's sister,
Ernie for wellness,
Gracie for wellness and Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition who need a break big time right now.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

You can take me half way off the list. That nasty cold is gone. The quitting smoking part though.... I've tried, really hard, but whenever a particularly stressful situation hits me, I reach for a damned cigarette. The latest is more trouble with the ex. I just happened to access my checking account at the right time and discovered that she has been ripping me off to the tune of about 2 grand over the last several months. Funny thing is, I was about to load her motorcycle and take it to her in South Florida. I checked my account to see if I could swing a day or 2 in Key West.
She can't quite grasp the concept that she will get her bike after I get her check.
While this is still ongoing, I'm trying again and haven't had a cigarette in 10 days.

Well wellness is a good thing. And every day you don't have a cigarette is a good thing. Trouble with the ex not so much. Can you change your bank account so that she can't access it or take whatever measures are necessary so that she cannot obligate you financially? Is her motorcycle worth $2k?

I believe it takes a full 21 or more days for all the nicotine to completely leave your system and the cravings will hit you even after that but will come less frequently and with less intensity and will be of shorter duration until one day you realize you haven't even thought about smoking for some time.

All those days when the weather felt like autumn in December and January lulled us into complacency about this winter season. This morning we got a bucket of reality dumped over our collective heads. The dashboard thermometer confirmed what the electric sign at the Nazarene Church on St. Clair Avenue said: 12F.

The snow we got Wednesday has hung around and crunched under foot. Those who disregarded the snow and failed to shovel it are now faced with a layer of ice as well as that pesky snow. I can glance out of the window at the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate and estimate the snowfall by eyeing up the layer built up on the railing around the North Portico. Four inches is my professional estimate. Not enough to declare a snow day for the school kids or cancel CYA at St. Aloysius or even VFW Bingo night. But enough to put Mom into a mild panic about her stock of bread and milk and coffee.

She turns 83 years young come Monday. In my mind, Mom looked like Jackie Kennedy in the 1960s and 70s, Aunt Bea in the 1990s and 2000s. Her step is now much more measured for safety, her hair is thinning and dignifiedly silver, her hands are still caring and gentle, but now constantly chilled due to Reynauld's Syndrome. Mom is now one of the elder statesmen of the family.

But Mom was a terrific mother to my brother and me. She would let me take a turn steering Pop's big ol' Buick on Sunday drives whenever Pop was called to the print shop to print up a prayer card for a funeral. But in that same Le Sabre, Mom would become a disciplinarian of the first order. That broad golden wedding band on her left hand would swing over the front seat to 'correct' infractions of language or comportment in the rear seat. Clang! The wedding band would ricochet off a front tooth after the mouth that tooth was in made some egregious infraction.

My brother and sister-in-law are taking her to dinner Sunday afternoon. With Mom's birthday, the Days of Cake come to an end.
Still love your stories, but what you said about your mom becoming one of the elder statesman of the family gave me pause. I am now the elder statesman of my family. I'm not sure I want that distinction

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Kat's sister,
Ernie for wellness,

Why don't you take her name off of your account? It sounds like she is very vindictive. You should really change all of your credit cards and accounts so that she can no longer access them. Maybe you should even call the police.
I would have to close the account to be positive she had no chance of abusing it. She got her hands on a check with account number and routing number and used that to pay a monthly obligation. I see no evidence of any other charges, so to keep my life simple, I put a stop payment on that charge.
I suppose she could try to do it again, but seeing she now lives out of state, the FBI would be getting involved. I have half a mind to prefer charges and then invite her to Alabama to collect her damned motorcycle.

Oh and good morning everybody.

Awaiting a report from Gracie as to what their new home is like.

Hope our ailing members are feeling much better.

Looking at the massive rainstorm still in northern California, Oregon, and Washington and hoping Againsheila is staying high and dry. (Our daughter suffered no serious issues with the serious flooding in her area the last few days and the storm is now north of her.)

And looking at the massive snowstorm in the northeast and wondering if ChrisL is snowed in.

Ringel05 was the trip to Tuscon for the interview? How did that go?

As for the Foxfyre's, it is in the mid 40's and sunny in Albuquerque--supposed to be in the mid to high 60's today. Hombre and I will be at our friends playing our weekly 42 game this afternoon.

Yep. It's snowing like crazy right now. We've probably gotten about 5 or 6 inches so far. We could get more than a foot.
Sunny and 66 today, though now a chilly 64 in Foley. Starting tomorrow, we'll be in the mid 70's for a few days.

Well Shoot!
We thought they would tell us the results of the tests yesterday and today.
NO!!!
We have to wait till we see his heart Dr. next Wednesday.
Both of us are exhausted. We will both have a good rest over the weekend. His home nurse comes by on Mondays, so we don't need to go anywhere for at least 3 days. Whew!!
But only one appt next week for Wed. :)

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Kat's sister,
Ernie for wellness,

I would have to close the account to be positive she had no chance of abusing it. She got her hands on a check with account number and routing number and used that to pay a monthly obligation. I see no evidence of any other charges, so to keep my life simple, I put a stop payment on that charge.
I suppose she could try to do it again, but seeing she now lives out of state, the FBI would be getting involved. I have half a mind to prefer charges and then invite her to Alabama to collect her damned motorcycle.

Something you sure don't need now.
At least you caught her early. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Well Shoot!
NO!!!
Both of us are exhausted. We will both have a good rest over the weekend. His home nurse comes by on Mondays, so we don't need to go anywhere for at least 3 days. Whew!!

That's one of the few things I like about our current HMO--we can access the same records the doctors see. So our blood tests, test results, doctor's opinion, whatever goes on line and we can access it via our computer to see it. I like that a lot.

I do understand how frustrating it is to have to wait, but happy you get to do it in the comfort of your own home.

The little one was accepted into a new soccer league. :) She had been doing recreational soccer, anyone can join and the coaches are volunteers. This time around she is joining what is called PDA soccer. It's supposed to help rec kids get ready for the more advanced academy soccer when they are old enough. It will be more work, she'll need to practice at home and not just on scheduled days with her team, but it should help her get better, be good exercise, and the schedule is better for her mom and dad. The only downsides are that it costs more and it will mean she cannot do karate on Wednesdays. Mom is willing to pay more, and we're going to see if there's any way she can take her karate classes on a different day.

I'm excited to see how she does with it, and I'm happy she'll be getting extra exercise.

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Kat's sister,
Ernie for wellness,

I would close that account and open a new one in my name only. Why take the chance? Awfully presumptuous of her to use your money to pay one of her bills.

Oh, and could some of you photo shop geeks redo the owl in my sig line and make it a USMB Coffee Shop IV and make it a button to get us here and also the ENTER THE COFFEE SHOP HERE line that will take us to this thread instead of the old one? And send me the coding? I wish I was good at that stuff but I'm just not.
I like the Entry Foxy,I love the décor....BUT...I have been waiting so long for my short-black,that I have grown a beard...LOL...Love you Foxy...steve
Hello, Steve! You may have noticed, we have become quite international in our little Coffee Shop! Now we have you back to represent your continent!
Hi Gallie,yep I just dropped by, Great to see all is well,did you know the second largest industry after OIL,is the COFFEE industry..!!...Thanks for the greet Gallie,,your friend.......steve
Coffee? I have no doubt! Of course, with marijuana newly "legalized" in Alaska, coffee may take second chair for some demographics. I'm studying up on how to make compost that will grow great pot. I don't smoke, or otherwise indulge, but I'm sure there will be a market for nice dirt to grow the stuff in...
When're you coming up this way?
Legalized Pot....OK,I would take advice from some of the Rastas down in Jamaica,they have G.Modified a strain of Mull(Marijuana) that produces a lot of Buds,which are the most concentrated(and most expensive part of the plant on the resale market)...not that I'm an expert,or condoning the sale of such product...I tried it once,had half a spliff but did nothing for me,and it tasted of shit(excuse the pun)anyway I couldn't see the big deal in it......anyhow,I've always been throughout my life on a natural high,without drugs.....thank goodness...I have seen what it can do to people,moreover remove the gateway to harder drugs.

You may think I'm Mad but I would decriminalize all Drugs and only make them available through Government Agencies,this would eliminate the Criminal element,reducing intimination and murder etc.,when Drug Debts are owed....thus cutting down crime,when the user is after money,and reduce the elderly etc.,of being attacked for goods and cash to feed their habit...also the Authorities can monitor the users (including needle exchange facilities)of the Hard Drugs,and preventing overdoses and hopefully wean the users off drugs.It would also reduce the prison population....I'd trail it definately sic.

Alaska calls me Gallie and will be there,things have been hectic here for the past couple of years.....when I come could you take a couple of weeks off to show me around?....keep well Gallie,best wishes to you and yours...stewve,I mean Steve LOL
Time off to show you around, as much as I can. This year, I will be using all my free time to 1) move out of my current digs into my place up in Willow. I need to build a barn there first, and 2) I plan on visiting my daughter and granddaughters in Japan, where they currently reside. If possible, we will all be going to Beijing for a week to see the sights. So, this year, I will be travelling. I plan on retiring in the next couple of years, though. I should have some time to show you around, depends on what you want to see, or do. You know you're always welcome, Steve, as are any of the CS inhabitants.

Going with the kids to Disney Hollywood Studios on Saturday. You guys have to see Sherri on a roller coaster. It's something like this.......:)

ijustine-scared-rollercoaster-oh-face-o.gif

I
I can't handle the g forces, after the ride I have to lay down for hours and let the migraine subside.
I don't get migraines, but most other coaster-riders fail to relish the free-flying vomit. My stomach can't take the g's or the motion like I could when I was younger.

Can't say much right now...And not much we can do about it anyway. Here, we stay for however long it takes to get our own place back in SLO county.

Room is huge. HUGE. Walk in closet. Nice bathroom. Creek sounds lovely. Trees everywhere, so it looks like a home in a medieval forest. We can live in this room for as long as it takes..But only in this room.

The man is a sweetheart so far. Kind of timid. Very soft spoken, seems lonely. But there are issues. We should have taken the drive to come look first.

One word...And y'all will get the visual:

HOARDER. Big time.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
My partner's a hoarder. I ended up buying a 28' travel trailer, which I have called "home" for the past 7 years. I got tired of cleaning the mess only to find the house and yard buried again by the end of summer. Moving to Willow will be a constant challenge for me to keep his crap collection at bay.
You can't change a hoarder, but you might be able to ignore his space enough to deal with it for a while. I'm still hoping things work out for you guys.
They can keep their part clean until they find something. I want them warm and dry. :)
If Gracie, Mr. G, and Mokie have a large, comfortable room free of debris, that may work out for a while. I hope that Gracie can escape to the garden and indulge her proclivity for horticulture.
There is no garden. The back patio is crammed with stuff.

But, he is just so sweet. He knows he has too much stuff..And that it's a issue. I am just thankful it's not filth hoarding. What he has is worth money. It's just scattered willynilly...Everywhere. think of a really crammed antique store...Really really crammed! That's the issue here. Pathways from room to room, but stuff that is NOT junk.
It's just.....Piled, crammed, stuffed...Everywhere.

We told him today we will help as much as we can. And we will. He is such a nice man. For reals.

Our room is clean, warm, and eventually we will help him get the rest of the house the same way if he will accept that offer.
Eanwhile...This town is stunningly beautiful.

How's the area, generally? If you can help him maybe realize a bit of cash for his goodies, he might appreciate that, too.

Can't say much right now...And not much we can do about it anyway. Here, we stay for however long it takes to get our own place back in SLO county.

Room is huge. HUGE. Walk in closet. Nice bathroom. Creek sounds lovely. Trees everywhere, so it looks like a home in a medieval forest. We can live in this room for as long as it takes..But only in this room.

The man is a sweetheart so far. Kind of timid. Very soft spoken, seems lonely. But there are issues. We should have taken the drive to come look first.

One word...And y'all will get the visual:

HOARDER. Big time.

My partner's a hoarder. I ended up buying a 28' travel trailer, which I have called "home" for the past 7 years. I got tired of cleaning the mess only to find the house and yard buried again by the end of summer. Moving to Willow will be a constant challenge for me to keep his crap collection at bay.
You can't change a hoarder, but you might be able to ignore his space enough to deal with it for a while. I'm still hoping things work out for you guys.
They can keep their part clean until they find something. I want them warm and dry. :)
If Gracie, Mr. G, and Mokie have a large, comfortable room free of debris, that may work out for a while. I hope that Gracie can escape to the garden and indulge her proclivity for horticulture.
There is no garden. The back patio is crammed with stuff.

But, he is just so sweet. He knows he has too much stuff..And that it's a issue. I am just thankful it's not filth hoarding. What he has is worth money. It's just scattered willynilly...Everywhere. think of a really crammed antique store...Really really crammed! That's the issue here. Pathways from room to room, but stuff that is NOT junk.
It's just.....Piled, crammed, stuffed...Everywhere.

We told him today we will help as much as we can. And we will. He is such a nice man. For reals.

Our room is clean, warm, and eventually we will help him get the rest of the house the same way if he will accept that offer.
Eanwhile...This town is stunningly beautiful.

How's the area, generally? If you can help him maybe realize a bit of cash for his goodies, he might appreciate that, too.
It's really beautiful here. I feel like a tourist in NYC, agog at the skyline. It's all ponderosa pines and for and maple trees. I took some pics during karma and my morning walk, where we met some neighbors walking their dogs...Chelsea and Casey...German Shepard and golden retriever. They new us before we even introduced ourselves, lol. Said our housemate already told the neighbors some beach people and their lab were going to be calling this town home[emoji4]. Seems he has been very excited for our arrival,lol. As much as we have been, as well.
Dennis is happy as a lark!

I started cleaning up the front yard, so if I can get the pics posted, that is not what it looks like now cuz I spent most of the day pruning, raking, sweeping, etc. He is quite pleased that his front yard can now be seen instead of pine and maple leaves covering everything. I enjoyed it very much too! This spring we all will pitch in on the back patio and make it very Zen[emoji39]. Then, all three of us cooked a nice hot dinner, sat in the living room between ornate perfume bottles, brass vases, stunning art stacked, boxes full of other treasures and chatted a few hours. It was a very pleasant day!

Now, I will try to get the pics posted so you can see where we now call home.[emoji7]
Give me a few to figure it out cuz I took a lot!

And know,also, the whole town looks like this neighborhood...I kid you not!

The photos do give a good idea of what it is like there. I could adjust to an area like that. I'm amazed at how green the grass and shubbery are in February. Will be really gorgeous when the deciduous trees get their leaves back.

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Kat's sister,
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie.

The February full moon over our Sandia Mountains just after sunset tonight--legend calls it the Snow Moon as February is typically the snowiest month. Also visible with binoculars is a comet that will be closest to Earth tomorrow night. And earlier a penumbral eclipse darkened part of the moon tonight but not as much as a regular eclipse would.​

afa21e2bd0cc6b2f9e776f10e4d02c4f.jpg

Last edited:
Your doggie even looks happy scoping the place out. :). It is really nice there, the clutter in back doesn't even seem that bad. I hope he accepts your help getting things organized, that kind of project is right up your alley.

Well Shoot!
NO!!!

That's one of the few things I like about our current HMO--we can access the same records the doctors see. So our blood tests, test results, doctor's opinion, whatever goes on line and we can access it via our computer to see it. I like that a lot.

I do understand how frustrating it is to have to wait, but happy you get to do it in the comfort of your own home.

The appt. for next Wednesday to see his heart Dr. is in Tucson.
He only saw technicians this last Thursday & Friday ,so no lab tests will be online for us to access.
At least the many different appointments for each week went from 5 a week to two times a week. :) I was getting to the end of my rope there!

I still have to go to town later this morning to get his blood thinner pills. His level keeps fluctuating and every three days I take him for blood draws at the Benson hospital, then go the next morning for new doses. It will get better when he is stabilized, then it will be once a week again for his blood readings again.
So I take him in again on Tuesday for blood test and new dose of pills to pick up Wed. morning at Walmart,then to Tucson for the 1:00 p.m. appt.
He used to do it once a week with a machine he has here at home, but it doesn't read everything like the hospital lab does, it's more precise.

Last edited:
In all honesty, Gracie's pictures gave me a tear. Be thinking about the Gracies while out finishing a tree job late afternoon. Doors were closed, so the right door was chosen.

:banana:

Forum List

Back