USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sherry and I are going to Inn on The Gulf tonight for dinner. It's right on the beach with a really nice veranda. Weather today is sunny and around 80.

I love Flawdah. :)

Some pics of Inn on the Gulf.

inn-on-the-gulf-restaurant-in-hudson-beach-florida-d121m1.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
inn-on-the-gulf.jpg

It was a great night for dining al fresco.:thup: I love date nights with my husband...it's hard to believe we're coming up on one year of wedded bliss.:)

Sherry and I are going to Inn on The Gulf tonight for dinner. It's right on the beach with a really nice veranda. Weather today is sunny and around 80.

maxresdefault.jpg
inn-on-the-gulf.jpg

It was a great night for dining al fresco.:thup: I love date nights with my husband...it's hard to believe we're coming up on one year of wedded bliss.:)

Has it been a year already? But in another way it seems like you two have been together for like forever. To quote the angel who initiated Pete into 'heaven', "Time is funny stuff."

maxresdefault.jpg
inn-on-the-gulf.jpg

Has it been a year already? But in another way it seems like you two have been together for like forever. To quote the angel who initiated Pete into 'heaven', "Time is funny stuff."

We've been together almost 3 years and the time has flown by, but in many ways I feel like I've known him my whole life.:)

One other bit of potential "good news". The wife has had a couple of phone interviews and in about a week they want to do a face to face.......... in Gallup, New Mexico........ So far it's our best, and currently only promising job lead.
A couple of years ago she turned down a job offer there in favor of the El Paso job which turned out to be a toxic disaster.

Oh I didn't see this.

Hmm Gallup. Interesting and, in its own way, beautiful high desert terrain. A small town truly lost in time--it is squarely on the Old Route 66 route and still looks pretty much as it did when Route 66 still existed.

More nationalities/ethnic groups may live there in a smaller space than maybe any place on Earth, but as small towns go, the townsfolk say the crime rate is not as bad as its press though there is a problem. We've always found the people there to be friendly and helpful and never felt unsafe working there, staying overnight there, etc., but we also do watch our backs pretty well. A lot of folks there wouldn't want to live anywhere else. You may choose to rent for awhile to see how it is going to work out though. As I understand it, real estate is not appreciating much there and the unemployment rate is high making for a lot of panhandlers. The cost of living is significantly less than the U.S. average.

But if you guys are the accepting and tolerant types, and I suspect you are, you could be very happy there. Not a lot to do if you don't hunt or hike or enjoy shooting ranges, but interesting side trips in all directions. You're a little over two hours to Albuquerque to do serious shopping or a little under three hours to Flagstaff for the cool mountains there.
Nosmo, have you been to the Three Rivers area near Pittsburgh? It's nicer than you expect it to be. I was expecting dilapidated old steel mills but found something really pretty.
Pittsburgh is thirty miles away from here. Although if you travelled by the river, it would be forty two miles away. The Pittsburgh airport is a short twenty minute drive up US Route 30.
It's about 6 hours from us. I went there for my son's regatta one year. We were right next to the new Steeler's stadium.

Your son was on a rowing team? So was ours when he was at Wichita State. Traveled to regattas all over the country--took third in nationals in the four man crew. He even was invited to join the Olympic team that year but elected to stay in school. I wonder if he ever wonders 'what if' about that?
Not much in the way of rentals but that's what we may do first. The HR person told the wife the most crime in the area is on the east side so stay to the west if possible. I've already mapped out the distance to Albuquerque and that's not really a problem I also noted when searching for rentals and properties for sale there was a good accumulation of snow in some of the pictures, good thing I have a snow shovel........

For sure. The elevation there is about a 1000 feet higher than the Albuquerque average elevation and you are very close to the continental divide so there is quite a bit more rain and snow there than what we get in Albuquerque. But you don't usually get really extreme cold in the winter or 100 heat in the summer either--low humidity--pleasant climate.

I once spent a week or so in New Mexico just exploring and vacationing. I flew into Albuquerque.....(some great authentic Mexican places to eat in town btw.....). I love the river walk in Albuquerque, too. Drove up north and went through the mountains around Los Alamos and then stayed in Santa fe for a few days.....a beautiful town and area. Went further north to the Farmington area and the four corners.

The two places I remember best were the Jemez historic site near Los Alamos.

img_6628-edit.jpg

And the Gila Cliff dwellings NM on a separate trip when I used Lordsburg as a base.

cave.jpg
gila-cave4-catwalk.jpg
110305-Gila-005Hcr.jpg
gila-cliff-dwellings-national-monument-new-mexico-usa-america-north-BX2M54.jpg

You live in a beautiful state Foxy. :)

Last edited:
One other bit of potential "good news". The wife has had a couple of phone interviews and in about a week they want to do a face to face.......... in Gallup, New Mexico........ So far it's our best, and currently only promising job lead.
A couple of years ago she turned down a job offer there in favor of the El Paso job which turned out to be a toxic disaster.

Oh I didn't see this.

Hmm Gallup. Interesting and, in its own way, beautiful high desert terrain. A small town truly lost in time--it is squarely on the Old Route 66 route and still looks pretty much as it did when Route 66 still existed.

More nationalities/ethnic groups may live there in a smaller space than maybe any place on Earth, but as small towns go, the townsfolk say the crime rate is not as bad as its press though there is a problem. We've always found the people there to be friendly and helpful and never felt unsafe working there, staying overnight there, etc., but we also do watch our backs pretty well. A lot of folks there wouldn't want to live anywhere else. You may choose to rent for awhile to see how it is going to work out though. As I understand it, real estate is not appreciating much there and the unemployment rate is high making for a lot of panhandlers. The cost of living is significantly less than the U.S. average.

But if you guys are the accepting and tolerant types, and I suspect you are, you could be very happy there. Not a lot to do if you don't hunt or hike or enjoy shooting ranges, but interesting side trips in all directions. You're a little over two hours to Albuquerque to do serious shopping or a little under three hours to Flagstaff for the cool mountains there.
Pittsburgh is thirty miles away from here. Although if you travelled by the river, it would be forty two miles away. The Pittsburgh airport is a short twenty minute drive up US Route 30.
It's about 6 hours from us. I went there for my son's regatta one year. We were right next to the new Steeler's stadium.

Your son was on a rowing team? So was ours when he was at Wichita State. Traveled to regattas all over the country--took third in nationals in the four man crew. He even was invited to join the Olympic team that year but elected to stay in school. I wonder if he ever wonders 'what if' about that?
Not much in the way of rentals but that's what we may do first. The HR person told the wife the most crime in the area is on the east side so stay to the west if possible. I've already mapped out the distance to Albuquerque and that's not really a problem I also noted when searching for rentals and properties for sale there was a good accumulation of snow in some of the pictures, good thing I have a snow shovel........

For sure. The elevation there is about a 1000 feet higher than the Albuquerque average elevation and you are very close to the continental divide so there is quite a bit more rain and snow there than what we get in Albuquerque. But you don't usually get really extreme cold in the winter or 100 heat in the summer either--low humidity--pleasant climate.

I once spent a week or so in New Mexico just exploring and vacationing. I flew into Albuquerque.....(some great authentic Mexican places to eat in town btw.....). I love the river walk in Albuquerque, too. Drove up north and went through the mountains around Los Alamos and then stayed in Santa fe for a few days.....a beautiful town and area. Went further north to the Farmington area and the four corners.

img_6628-edit.jpg

And the Gila Cliff dwellings NM on a separate trip when I used Lordsburg as a base.

cave.jpg
gila-cave4-catwalk.jpg
110305-Gila-005Hcr.jpg

Thanks. I think so too. Agree that Albuquerque has some of the best Mexican/Spanish/New Mexico cuisine to be found anywhere.

And New Mexico as a state has it all except for an ocean--climate from tropical to desert to prairie to alpine and more history than is likely to be explored in a lifetime. So much to commend it and also much to condemn it--it is not a state in which one would normally seek to achieve prosperity. But it is the state I grew up in though I was in west Texas when I met Hombre. When our son was two, he was transferred to Santa Fe where I graduated high school and he was able to experience that mystical something that keeps people here. We lived in Farmington when our daughter was born and returned to West Texas when she was two month's old and from there to Kansas where our kids grew up.

But New Mexico can get in the blood and eventually we returned here and I am reasonably sure we will die here.

OK then... I am coming to you directly from South Baldwin Regional Medical Center in beautiful Foley Alabama.
I bid on a few items at a salvage auction in Pensacola and had the winning bid on a waist high wall of glass block. The wall was mortered together pretty damned well. The logical demolition method was diamond saw blades, so I was attacking the wall when it decided that although the blocks didn't want to separate from each other but had no such intimate connection with the floor. The wall fell and I was unable to get clear in time. Roughly 1,500 pounds of glass blloch landed on my legs.
The good news is my right leg is just fine. The bad news is that I have a tibia plateau fracture of my left leg. At this point, it looks like the actual knee joint will be OK but reassembling the Tib/fib junction required screws, plates, wires and a bone graft.
My blood pressure is running quite low since surgery and I am dealing with this without opiate pain medication
My phone is toast as well and I'm out of contact with my facebook people due to facebook being blocked on the hospital network. My partner's mom is here writing down phone numbers and one of my bartenders was here earlier and is now getting me a new phone.
Looks like I'll be here at least until tomorrow.

Don't push yourself during recovery before your body is ready. I know that will be difficult for you with the business. Maybe consider some sort of temporary light-weight mobility scooter to get you back in action without overdoing it on your poor leg.

Luggie-456.jpg
I won't be allowed to put weight on it for at least 4 weeks. Something like that might come in handy if I could get one of those carriers that plug into your trailer hitch. I have a new phone so I'm back in contact with my circle and business. At least that part is no longer a problem.

Oh I didn't see this.

img_6628-edit.jpg

cave.jpg
gila-cave4-catwalk.jpg
110305-Gila-005Hcr.jpg

It looks really nice!

OK then... I am coming to you directly from South Baldwin Regional Medical Center in beautiful Foley Alabama.
I bid on a few items at a salvage auction in Pensacola and had the winning bid on a waist high wall of glass block. The wall was mortered together pretty damned well. The logical demolition method was diamond saw blades, so I was attacking the wall when it decided that although the blocks didn't want to separate from each other but had no such intimate connection with the floor. The wall fell and I was unable to get clear in time. Roughly 1,500 pounds of glass blloch landed on my legs.
The good news is my right leg is just fine. The bad news is that I have a tibia plateau fracture of my left leg. At this point, it looks like the actual knee joint will be OK but reassembling the Tib/fib junction required screws, plates, wires and a bone graft.
My blood pressure is running quite low since surgery and I am dealing with this without opiate pain medication
My phone is toast as well and I'm out of contact with my facebook people due to facebook being blocked on the hospital network. My partner's mom is here writing down phone numbers and one of my bartenders was here earlier and is now getting me a new phone.

Should have hired a landscaper... :eusa_whistle:

Oh I didn't see this.

img_6628-edit.jpg

cave.jpg
gila-cave4-catwalk.jpg
110305-Gila-005Hcr.jpg

Thanks. I think so too. Agree that Albuquerque has some of the best Mexican/Spanish/New Mexico cuisine to be found anywhere.

And New Mexico as a state has it all except for an ocean--climate from tropical to desert to prairie to alpine and more history than is likely to be explored in a lifetime. So much to commend it and also much to condemn it--it is not a state in which one would normally seek to achieve prosperity. But it is the state I grew up in though I was in west Texas when I met Hombre. When our son was two, he was transferred to Santa Fe where I graduated high school and he was able to experience that mystical something that keeps people here. We lived in Farmington when our daughter was born and returned to West Texas when she was two month's old and from there to Kansas where our kids grew up.

But New Mexico can get in the blood and eventually we returned here and I am reasonably sure we will die here.

There is quite a bit of poverty. But what is the State motto......"The Land of Enchantment." I gotta agree. :)

You are in our prayers Ernie for a swift recovery.
So happy to hear you did not get cut up really bad, or a really bad break that would have taken a lot longer to heal.

Your Angel
:eusa_angel:

Wish I was abel to help take your pain away, alas. :crybaby:

Went to church this morning with only one cat in the kitchen. Came home from church with one cat and 6 newborn kittens in the kitchen. The Lord truly does work in strange ways!

Damned, Ernie. Sometimes it seems you just cannot cop a break...then there are other times.

Get well soon, Ernie! That really stinks! :(

Oh I didn't see this.

img_6628-edit.jpg

cave.jpg
gila-cave4-catwalk.jpg
110305-Gila-005Hcr.jpg

I'll confess, my first runner up would be the Lake Roberts/Continental Divide area. I love it up there. But, I'm still n love with Alaska and will stay here for a while, at least.

Goodness Ernie, that sounds rough. How long will you be laid up now? My advice, stay down for awhile. Heal until you're really good otherwise, it might get worse down the road.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
NosmoKing for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

The wise do as much as they should, not as much as they can.
5ee49f2a6e7ac5d77fcb6a30f71bf287.jpg

Forum List

Back