USMB Coffee Shop IV

OK then... I am coming to you directly from South Baldwin Regional Medical Center in beautiful Foley Alabama.
I bid on a few items at a salvage auction in Pensacola and had the winning bid on a waist high wall of glass block. The wall was mortered together pretty damned well. The logical demolition method was diamond saw blades, so I was attacking the wall when it decided that although the blocks didn't want to separate from each other but had no such intimate connection with the floor. The wall fell and I was unable to get clear in time. Roughly 1,500 pounds of glass blloch landed on my legs.
The good news is my right leg is just fine. The bad news is that I have a tibia plateau fracture of my left leg. At this point, it looks like the actual knee joint will be OK but reassembling the Tib/fib junction required screws, plates, wires and a bone graft.
My blood pressure is running quite low since surgery and I am dealing with this without opiate pain medication
My phone is toast as well and I'm out of contact with my facebook people due to facebook being blocked on the hospital network. My partner's mom is here writing down phone numbers and one of my bartenders was here earlier and is now getting me a new phone.
Looks like I'll be here at least until tomorrow.

Sorry Ernie. If I were there, I would be popping in to check on you.

A gorgeous New Mexico spring morning here while it lasts--we're scheduled for more wind this afternoon.

Not much on the schedule today. Fixed a big breakfast for Hombre and me as we usually skip lunch these days and won't eat again until a light supper. (Okay we fill in with a snack here or there too.)

Has anybody heard from Gracie lately? She hasn't posted in awhile. Looks like more weather--maybe snow?--where she is.

Mama Kitty and her six babies are doing just fine. She does a great job of keeping herself and those babies good and clean. One of them is a loud mouth and let's Mama Kitty know when it feels it isn't getting all of the attention it feels it should be getting. They are all so soft and tiny. Mama Kitty is eating like a horse and Mrs. BBD is on Cloud 9.

OK then... I am coming to you directly from South Baldwin Regional Medical Center in beautiful Foley Alabama.
I bid on a few items at a salvage auction in Pensacola and had the winning bid on a waist high wall of glass block. The wall was mortered together pretty damned well. The logical demolition method was diamond saw blades, so I was attacking the wall when it decided that although the blocks didn't want to separate from each other but had no such intimate connection with the floor. The wall fell and I was unable to get clear in time. Roughly 1,500 pounds of glass blloch landed on my legs.
The good news is my right leg is just fine. The bad news is that I have a tibia plateau fracture of my left leg. At this point, it looks like the actual knee joint will be OK but reassembling the Tib/fib junction required screws, plates, wires and a bone graft.
My blood pressure is running quite low since surgery and I am dealing with this without opiate pain medication
My phone is toast as well and I'm out of contact with my facebook people due to facebook being blocked on the hospital network. My partner's mom is here writing down phone numbers and one of my bartenders was here earlier and is now getting me a new phone.
Goodness Ernie, that sounds rough. How long will you be laid up now? My advice, stay down for awhile. Heal until you're really good otherwise, it might get worse down the road.
Could be quite a while, Sarah.All kinds of things could still go wrong. My knee is like a bag of rice held in place by screws, wires

Goodness Ernie, that sounds rough. How long will you be laid up now? My advice, stay down for awhile. Heal until you're really good otherwise, it might get worse down the road.
Could be quite a while, Sarah.All kinds of things could still go wrong. My knee is like a bag of rice held in place by screws, wires
Oh good grief, Ernie. Try for one of those scooters so you can get around a little.

Oh good grief, Ernie. Try for one of those scooters so you can get around a little.

80050888-man-on-crutches-riding-a-skateboard-gettyimages.jpg

Stylin' and profilin'

St. Patrick's Day weekend my brother and sister-in-law take off for a well deserved weekend in sunny Florida. My sister-in-law's sister lives there and they will be taking in the sights and smells of the Orlando/Kissimmee region.

That means that I will be taking care of Teddy, their pooch. Daisy the Mutt loves Teddy and vice versa. But Teddy is a much more enthusiastic dog than Daisy. While Daisy patiently waits for attention to be paid to her, Teddy demands it. While Daisy's weekend morning routine is to stumble out of bed around 10:00, wander into the Great Hall with her eyes blinking like a toad caught in a rainstorm then curl up on yet another cushion for a two hour nap, Teddy is up at the crack of dawn, prancing around until he gets his collar and lead attached and then out on the North Lawn for his constitutional.

Teddy's visits rock Daisy's world.

St. Patrick's Day weekend my brother and sister-in-law take off for a well deserved weekend in sunny Florida. My sister-in-law's sister lives there and they will be taking in the sights and smells of the Orlando/Kissimmee region.

That means that I will be taking care of Teddy, their pooch. Daisy the Mutt loves Teddy and vice versa. But Teddy is a much more enthusiastic dog than Daisy. While Daisy patiently waits for attention to be paid to her, Teddy demands it. While Daisy's weekend morning routine is to stumble out of bed around 10:00, wander into the Great Hall with her eyes blinking like a toad caught in a rainstorm then curl up on yet another cushion for a two hour nap, Teddy is up at the crack of dawn, prancing around until he gets his collar and lead attached and then out on the North Lawn for his constitutional.

Missing green beer, corned beef, cabbage and rye bread.

Missing green beer, corned beef, cabbage and rye bread.
Not to mention a Sunday morning hangover and gas.

Ah! The Irish!

Mama Kitty and her six babies are doing just fine. She does a great job of keeping herself and those babies good and clean. One of them is a loud mouth and let's Mama Kitty know when it feels it isn't getting all of the attention it feels it should be getting. They are all so soft and tiny. Mama Kitty is eating like a horse and Mrs. BBD is on Cloud 9.

I want a new kitty so badly, but I can't afford the vet bills right now. But I sure would be tempted to take a couple of those off your hands once they are big enough to leave Mama Kitty.

Being a gramma is good for Mrs. BBD. It will just be sad when she has to give up those babies, though.

I'll have a wheel chair, a couple walkers and crutches. I may be able to come up with a scooter

I'll have a wheel chair, a couple walkers and crutches. I may be able to come up with a scooter
Poor guy. You take care.

Being a gramma is good for Mrs. BBD. It will just be sad when she has to give up those babies, though.

I still remember when a rescue cat my son's family took in wound up pregnant before they could do anything to prevent that. Had five beautiful kittens. And she still remembers the Mother's Day that she was giving all those kittens away to new homes--they kept one. She said it wasn't fun.

Don't push yourself during recovery before your body is ready. I know that will be difficult for you with the business. Maybe consider some sort of temporary light-weight mobility scooter to get you back in action without overdoing it on your poor leg.

Luggie-456.jpg
I won't be allowed to put weight on it for at least 4 weeks. Something like that might come in handy if I could get one of those carriers that plug into your trailer hitch. I have a new phone so I'm back in contact with my circle and business. At least that part is no longer a problem.
Things will get better soon I'm sure :bye1:
You need to be patient Ernie :)

Forum List

Back