🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

a53989bd06167fbbaae640026f529e2c.jpg

Went to Cracker Barrel for dinner, came out started the Prius....... No dash board display...... Luckily there's a Toyota dealer in town and guess what we'll be doing tomorrow morning.
Don't you have an interview tomorrow?
Afternoon. It may be nothing more than a blown fuse.

LOL. I wasn't tracking the car part of that sentence and thought you were talking about Mrs. R's interview being nothing more than a blown fuse. Just thought that was an odd way of putting it. :)

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Stormy sunset--eastern New Mexico
8228661924_05484ceb16_z.jpg

Need another two sales to be top for 6 of the last 8 months. The phones will be busy this week.

Went to Cracker Barrel for dinner, came out started the Prius....... No dash board display...... Luckily there's a Toyota dealer in town and guess what we'll be doing tomorrow morning.

This is when we need a 'bummer' button.
Checked it this morning and it's working again so most likely not a fuse, looks like the combination meter (dashboard instrument cluster) may be starting to fail.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Kat's sister,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Hombre's sore toes,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Wonderful sunset!! :bow3::bowdown:

Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Kat's sister,
Hombre's sore toes,
Ernie!!!

Wonderful sunset!! :bow3::bowdown:

Don't know if you have those kinds of storms in your part of the world. I chose it because it was beautiful. But that is the leading edge of a super cell that produces our most violent storms--lots of rain often with large hail, damaging winds, and sometimes tornadoes..

OK, this may explain America...I changed the channel this morning, just a whim. There have been shows, one after the other, featuring people who: don't know who their baby's daddy is, but are willing to drag multiple possibles on a public stage to accuse them; men and women who have been cheating on their wives/husbands/partners and want to duke it out on a public forum; various family members accused of sexual/mental/physical abuse of all types of other family members...I guess you get the gist. Now I know why I don't watch TV, mostly it's on for background noise and I do prefer PBS for sane content. Holy crap, if this is what is considered "normal" viewing fodder, no wonder things are so...so...
Words fail me.
Changing back to PBS.

OK, this may explain America...I changed the channel this morning, just a whim. There have been shows, one after the other, featuring people who: don't know who their baby's daddy is, but are willing to drag multiple possibles on a public stage to accuse them; men and women who have been cheating on their wives/husbands/partners and want to duke it out on a public forum; various family members accused of sexual/mental/physical abuse of all types of other family members...I guess you get the gist. Now I know why I don't watch TV, mostly it's on for background noise and I do prefer PBS for sane content. Holy crap, if this is what is considered "normal" viewing fodder, no wonder things are so...so...
Words fail me.
Changing back to PBS.

I too have often wondered how much the people get paid to air their dirty linen or embarrass themselves for the entertainment of folks who watch those shows.

The judge/court shows where cases are tried right there on television for instance.

Or as you say, those daytime 'reality' shows in which people let all the uglies out for the world to see.

Or even shows like "The Bachelor/Bachelorette.". Who would go on those shows without getting paid to do so to be publicly embarrassed, having their private lives broadcast to the world, be rejected, exposed, or whatever?

A show like Amazing Race maybe yes. You get your airfare and accommodations paid to go on a trip around the world kind of thing. I would do that in a heartbeat.

But the cooking shows or singing competitions etc. where people get voted off every week? I would enjoy the competition, but given the odds against winning, would I put my life on hold for weeks without some kind of significant compensation? I don't think so.

Words fail me.
Changing back to PBS.

I too have often wondered how much the people get paid to air their dirty linen or embarrass themselves for the entertainment of folks who watch those shows.

The judge/court shows where cases are tried right there on television for instance.

Or as you say, those daytime 'reality' shows in which people let all the uglies out for the world to see.

Or even shows like "The Bachelor/Bachelorette.". Who would go on those shows without getting paid to do so to be publicly embarrassed, having their private lives broadcast to the world, be rejected, exposed, or whatever?

A show like Amazing Race maybe yes. You get your airfare and accommodations paid to go on a trip around the world kind of thing. I would do that in a heartbeat.

But the cooking shows or singing competitions etc. where people get voted off every week? I would enjoy the competition, but given the odds against winning, would I put my life on hold for weeks without some kind of significant compensation? I don't think so.
I confess, I rarely watch these (unbelievably) crappy shows feature the worst of humanity (and so many of them have offspring!), judge shows, less often yet But the timing of the competition shows usually puts me solidly in sleepy land. PBS has lots of cooking and travel shows. There's another channel that features shows that make things. One in particular that I like is the "Woodwright's" show. They do wood working using old time tools and skills.

Words fail me.
Changing back to PBS.

I agree, but people will do anything it seems...I can picture myself on a food network cooking challenge...all the other contestants would be dashing for the food and pantry and I'd still be standing there...my mind a blank, lol.

Words fail me.
Changing back to PBS.

I agree, but people will do anything it seems...I can picture myself on a food network cooking challenge...all the other contestants would be dashing for the food and pantry and I'd still be standing there...my mind a blank, lol.

I've thought about that too and sometimes wonder if the editing process doesn't make it look like all those cooks are much more expert and creative than the average really good home cooks would be? There are an awful lot of things I wouldn't think of to do with a Kumquat or quinoa or plantains that I have NEVER had in my kitchen, I don't believe I have ever tasted, and I sure have never cooked with.

Words fail me.
Changing back to PBS.

I confess, I rarely watch these (unbelievably) crappy shows feature the worst of humanity (and so many of them have offspring!), judge shows, less often yet But the timing of the competition shows usually puts me solidly in sleepy land. PBS has lots of cooking and travel shows. There's another channel that features shows that make things. One in particular that I like is the "Woodwright's" show. They do wood working using old time tools and skills.

I check in at PBS when they're having something special I really love, but much of their stuff leaves me dissatisfied--it is either edited or sloppy history or they make it so pedantic that I get frustrated or it just doesn't hold my interest for long.

And I don't watch Dr. Phil or Jerry Springer or any of those shows that seem to go out and scour the countryside for the biggest idiots they can find. Sometimes I think it is all staged. If not I just don't find any fun watching people get hurt, embarrassed in a hurtful way, blindsided, and/or provoked into acting like jerks or fools.

But the Court TV shows, I sometimes get sucked into, especially if I'm surfing channels and run across something where something interesting is happening. And as for some of the reality competition shows, I have no excuse. I think it is akin to smelling the milk in the bottle and it is sour. . .but you just have to smell it again to be sure.

Words fail me.
Changing back to PBS.

I check in at PBS when they're having something special I really love, but much of their stuff leaves me dissatisfied--it is either edited or sloppy history or they make it so pedantic that I get frustrated or it just doesn't hold my interest for long.

And I don't watch Dr. Phil or Jerry Springer or any of those shows that seem to go out and scour the countryside for the biggest idiots they can find. Sometimes I think it is all staged. If not I just don't find any fun watching people get hurt, embarrassed in a hurtful way, blindsided, and/or provoked into acting like jerks or fools.

But the Court TV shows, I sometimes get sucked into, especially if I'm surfing channels and run across something where something interesting is happening. And as for some of the reality competition shows, I have no excuse. I think it is akin to smelling the milk in the bottle and it is sour. . .but you just have to smell it again to be sure.
One of the jobs my dad held after he retired from the Marine Corps was as a security guard at various casinos in Reno. One of the casinos sponsored WWF type competitions. He was pretty clear that all that mayhem was staged. All the action was rehearsed and later acted out for the fans. I'm guessing lots of these "reality" shows are staged, as well. OK, it's just tough to imagine that idiots like that actually exist, and breed offspring.

Words fail me.
Changing back to PBS.

I don't like the competition cooking shows, except the Great British Bake Off. I really like Cooks Country and sometimes A Chef's Life, both on PBS.

Words fail me.
Changing back to PBS.

I don't like the competition cooking shows, except the Great British Bake Off. I really like Cooks Country and sometimes A Chef's Life, both on PBS.
I like the shows where they are showing you how to make different dishes. I've tried a few and like them. Usually, I'll try these recipes out on the Sunday night dinner crowd.

Forum List

Back