🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Interview went well, I guess....... Still no definitive answer and it could be up to a month before we know anything. Kinda frustrated and seriously considering saying the heck with it, finding a place somewhere around Albuquerque and going from there. There are a lot more opportunities for employment in Albuquerque so it might just be the better bet all around. There is one house in Rio Rancho, not that big and needs some work but the price is right. :thup:

Interview went well, I guess....... Still no definitive answer and it could be up to a month before we know anything. Kinda frustrated and seriously considering saying the heck with it, finding a place somewhere around Albuquerque and going from there. There are a lot more opportunities for employment in Albuquerque so it might just be the better bet all around. There is one house in Rio Rancho, not that big and needs some work but the price is right. :thup:

Rio Rancho is a thriving little city. We almost bought there when we first moved to this area but chose the East Mountain area instead. It was fine out there for the years we were there but it was much better once we moved into town. Is Mrs. R on Linked In?

I'm really looking forward to Rogue One coming out tomorrow, but disappointed to find out that Disney doesn't do any 4K yet. Surprising how little there really is yet. Didn't think I was that far ahead of the curve. Was hoping that most new movies would be in 4K.

Rio Rancho is a thriving little city. We almost bought there when we first moved to this area but chose the East Mountain area instead. It was fine out there for the years we were there but it was much better once we moved into town. Is Mrs. R on Linked In?
Yeah she's on Linked In but she hasn't been there in quite a while. It's been raining off and on and it's cold here........ Went for a short drive down 602 and hit snow and slush so turned around and came back.
We'll probably leave early tomorrow and might go through Albuquerque instead of taking the Rte 6 cut off.

OK, this may explain America...I changed the channel this morning, just a whim. There have been shows, one after the other, featuring people who: don't know who their baby's daddy is, but are willing to drag multiple possibles on a public stage to accuse them; men and women who have been cheating on their wives/husbands/partners and want to duke it out on a public forum; various family members accused of sexual/mental/physical abuse of all types of other family members...I guess you get the gist. Now I know why I don't watch TV, mostly it's on for background noise and I do prefer PBS for sane content. Holy crap, if this is what is considered "normal" viewing fodder, no wonder things are so...so...
Words fail me.
Changing back to PBS.

The stupid part is, they have DNA results before the "trial" even happens. Why do these people argue? The result will be someone is wrong, regardless of the testimony.

Light snow this evening. The weather prognosticators are signalling between 3 and 10 inches, depending on which you prefer. The temps have been above freezing, so there's lots of melt water on the roads. That will freeze and be covered with snow, which means that the Alaskan Icekapades (Idiots on Ice) will be on full display by tomorrow morning. You'd think people would have figured out that 4-wheel-drive and studded tires don't convey some special powers on drivers.

Light snow this evening. The weather prognosticators are signalling between 3 and 10 inches, depending on which you prefer. The temps have been above freezing, so there's lots of melt water on the roads. That will freeze and be covered with snow, which means that the Alaskan Icekapades (Idiots on Ice) will be on full display by tomorrow morning. You'd think people would have figured out that 4-wheel-drive and studded tires don't convey some special powers on drivers.

We had snow on the mountain today but just rain down here on the desert. Chilly though. Still spitting some raindrops tonight. We need the moisture though.

OK, this may explain America...I changed the channel this morning, just a whim. There have been shows, one after the other, featuring people who: don't know who their baby's daddy is, but are willing to drag multiple possibles on a public stage to accuse them; men and women who have been cheating on their wives/husbands/partners and want to duke it out on a public forum; various family members accused of sexual/mental/physical abuse of all types of other family members...I guess you get the gist. Now I know why I don't watch TV, mostly it's on for background noise and I do prefer PBS for sane content. Holy crap, if this is what is considered "normal" viewing fodder, no wonder things are so...so...
Words fail me.
Changing back to PBS.

I too have often wondered how much the people get paid to air their dirty linen or embarrass themselves for the entertainment of folks who watch those shows.

The judge/court shows where cases are tried right there on television for instance.

Or as you say, those daytime 'reality' shows in which people let all the uglies out for the world to see.

Or even shows like "The Bachelor/Bachelorette.". Who would go on those shows without getting paid to do so to be publicly embarrassed, having their private lives broadcast to the world, be rejected, exposed, or whatever?

A show like Amazing Race maybe yes. You get your airfare and accommodations paid to go on a trip around the world kind of thing. I would do that in a heartbeat.

But the cooking shows or singing competitions etc. where people get voted off every week? I would enjoy the competition, but given the odds against winning, would I put my life on hold for weeks without some kind of significant compensation? I don't think so.
I don't like the competition cooking shows, except the Great British Bake Off. I really like Cooks Country and sometimes A Chef's Life, both on PBS.

I do like the cooking competitions and usually watch those when there's nothing else good on. We especially enjoy the kids' competition. It is amazing and inspiring seeing the culinary expertise in an eight year old.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

West Texas Sunset or it could be Oklahoma
west-texas-sunset-1024x685.jpg

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

West Texas Sunset or it could be Oklahoma
west-texas-sunset-1024x685.jpg

Beauty!

Took me a while to open the CS this morning. Did manage to cut the paper towel rolls down and get them in the TP dispensers though.

I think we have imported black widow spiders into England now. I saw what looked like one crawling down my bathroom window. It was fairly large by English standards and was black and hairless. I trapped it under the lid of some shaving foam and threw it down the toilet. But it gave me the creeps.

I think we have imported black widow spiders into England now. I saw what looked like one crawling down my bathroom window. It was fairly large by English standards and was black and hairless. I trapped it under the lid of some shaving foam and threw it down the toilet. But it gave me the creeps.
black-widow-spiders_01.ngsversion.1482872406233.jpg

• Female black widow spiders are about .5 inch long, to about 1.5 inches long when the legs are spread.
  • Males are about half the female's size, with smaller bodies and longer legs.
    Both females and males have shiny, globular abdomens and are mostly black, and sometimes brown.
  • Females usually have a reddish hourglass shape on the underside of their abdomens. In some species the females have a series of red spots and two crosswise bars on the underbelly.
  • Male black widows frequently have yellow and red bands and spots over their backs, as do both sexes of black widows in their immature stages.
  • Newly hatched spiderlings are predominately white or yellowish-white, gradually acquiring more black and varying amounts of red and white with each molt.

Read more: Black Widow Spiders - venomous spider - DesertUSA

• Female black widow spiders are about .5 inch long, to about 1.5 inches long when the legs are spread.
    Both females and males have shiny, globular abdomens and are mostly black, and sometimes brown.
  • Females usually have a reddish hourglass shape on the underside of their abdomens. In some species the females have a series of red spots and two crosswise bars on the underbelly.
  • Male black widows frequently have yellow and red bands and spots over their backs, as do both sexes of black widows in their immature stages.
  • Newly hatched spiderlings are predominately white or yellowish-white, gradually acquiring more black and varying amounts of red and white with each molt.

Very informative. I'm guessing Dajjal was not of a mind to examine this one very closely however. :)

Last edited:

Very informative. I'm guessing Dajjle was not of a mind to examine this one very closely however. :)
I wouldn't have been either, but they're easy to identify since they always have the red or a yellow patch/spots. I hate spiders.

Very informative. I'm guessing Dajjle was not of a mind to examine this one very closely however. :)

Too bloody right, I caught it taking care not to get bitten, and flushed it. I know we have some new insects in Britain that have been imported in shipping containers and taken up residence. This may have been a sample of one.

I wouldn't have been either, but they're easy to identify since they always have the red or a yellow patch/spots. I hate spiders.

The body was completely black and shiny and hairless. I did not see any spots.

Forum List

Back