🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Indiana
df60137a1aab01580493eee6b31bd17c.jpg
Those cloud formations are called "mammatus" and are generally associated with some pretty violent weather patterns. Pretty picture, though.
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Indiana
df60137a1aab01580493eee6b31bd17c.jpg
Someone once told me that if you see clouds that look like upside-down eggs, take cover, a tornado is close by. I see eggs in that photo. :ack-1:

egg-701273_960_720_zpsbdvc0gtc.png

Oooo I like the blue egg the bunny person left in your post. :)

As gallantwarrior explained this morning, those are mammatus clouds and, in our part of the world at least, generally are present in especially severe weather--strong thunderstorms, probable hail and severe wind, and tornadic storms.

But, it is springtime in America and tornado season is upon us. The midwest will be watching clouds much more carefully for the next two or three months.

Tornadoes are so infrequent on the high desert that we don't concern ourselves much with them even with the occasional mammatus cloud that usually indicates torrential rain. The occasional 'cloud burst' is fortunately pretty brief but can still trigger bad flash floods.
Up here, we've traded tornadoes and hurricanes for volcanoes and earthquakes. I've seen clouds like that up here once, maybe twice. The rainstorms were outrageous, but no tornadoes. We do get lots of standing lenticular clouds and "rollers".
clouds1.jpg
clouds2.jpg

A gentle but steady Spring rain literally dampened rehearsal for the Easter Pageant on the Hillside yesterday. Then a not so gentle, but steady rain let loose in the evening. Daisy's Saturday bath was preserved by not going out among the mud puddles Sunday.

This morning I realized why I've seen so many robin red breasts lately. Earthworms awakened by all the rain crawled from the top soil and on to sidewalks and roadways over night. Scores of worms were laying out on anything less soggy than the dirt.

All the greenhouses remain closed. Some have onion sets and seed potatoes but not even the early pansies are ready for gardens. The privet hedge is showing signs of life as there are leaf buds sprouting all over it. Weeping willows, the earliest tree to leaf out, show a new green haze all over them as they are just a few weeks away from having their foliage. Forsythia, bright yellow 'show girl' bushes have yet to betray any blooms.

I'm ready for all of them! A couple daffodils have bloomed, the crocuses are petite in whites and purples and stunning yellows. If it matters, something is happening because following the rains, the pollen count is up today.
We're still held in the vice of snow and ice. The temps have been unseasonably low and Spring melt down is late and slow. All the box stores are offering seeds, sets, and starts, though. Too bad, without a roomy kitchen counter (no cats) or a greenhouse, nothing can be done yet for the garden. Mother's Day is usually considered a "safe" time to put things into the ground.

Happy Monday morning. :) An old Who song with some difficult picking.

The One by user183852791

I should add a bass track to one of the songs you post......but I haven't picked up my bass in forever, and besides, I'm too damn lazy even if I wouldn't make it sound like crap because of lack of practice. :lol:

My stepson sometimes plays over my stuff. This is a short instrumental with Michael on Viola. He's a very talented kid. :)

An Irish Rover by user183852791

A gentle but steady Spring rain literally dampened rehearsal for the Easter Pageant on the Hillside yesterday. Then a not so gentle, but steady rain let loose in the evening. Daisy's Saturday bath was preserved by not going out among the mud puddles Sunday.

This morning I realized why I've seen so many robin red breasts lately. Earthworms awakened by all the rain crawled from the top soil and on to sidewalks and roadways over night. Scores of worms were laying out on anything less soggy than the dirt.

All the greenhouses remain closed. Some have onion sets and seed potatoes but not even the early pansies are ready for gardens. The privet hedge is showing signs of life as there are leaf buds sprouting all over it. Weeping willows, the earliest tree to leaf out, show a new green haze all over them as they are just a few weeks away from having their foliage. Forsythia, bright yellow 'show girl' bushes have yet to betray any blooms.

I'm ready for all of them! A couple daffodils have bloomed, the crocuses are petite in whites and purples and stunning yellows. If it matters, something is happening because following the rains, the pollen count is up today.
We're still held in the vice of snow and ice. The temps have been unseasonably low and Spring melt down is late and slow. All the box stores are offering seeds, sets, and starts, though. Too bad, without a roomy kitchen counter (no cats) or a greenhouse, nothing can be done yet for the garden. Mother's Day is usually considered a "safe" time to put things into the ground.
I just drove through downtown where, I'm happy to report, the Bradford Pear trees are now beginning to bloom! The Bradford Pear grows about three stories high, has a delicate white cluster of blossoms and a root system that will not heave up sidewalks and pavement. A perfect little urban tree. Now, due to the warmth cast by surrounding buildings, the trees have cried havoc and let loose the dogs of spring in an effort to get pollenated before anything else.

The One by user183852791

I should add a bass track to one of the songs you post......but I haven't picked up my bass in forever, and besides, I'm too damn lazy even if I wouldn't make it sound like crap because of lack of practice. :lol:

Our daughter has played bass for years, generally in blues bands on the west coast. Just an avocation for her though as her day job has nothing to do with music.

The One by user183852791

Our daughter has played bass for years, generally in blues bands on the west coast. Just an avocation for her though as her day job has nothing to do with music.

I've never played as a job. I barely played any paying gigs, let alone made enough to live off of. :lol:

The One by user183852791

I played in some bands in college and post college for a while. I quickly realized I did not want to try to make a living at it. I think if I took it that seriously it would kill the fun. :)

The One by user183852791

I've never played as a job. I barely played any paying gigs, let alone made enough to live off of. :lol:

She made some good money when she played with good bands, but never enough to live off of. In fact none of the musicians, even those doing it full time, really made enough to live off of on the west coast.

The One by user183852791

I played in some bands in college and post college for a while. I quickly realized I did not want to try to make a living at it. I think if I took it that seriously it would kill the fun. :)

That's what I always thought too--I am a semi-professional worship/choir director but the paying positions never were as satisfying or fun as just doing it for fun. So I wouldn't accept a paying position.

Our son is a mechanical/petroleum engineer and makes very good money at it, but wanted to be a musician at heart. So he is an excellent classical guitarist and pianist and started teaching a few kids for just enough money to cover expenses. And then more. And then joined forces with a couple of other teachers, finally bought a building to put his fledgling music avocation into. Outgrew that building and bought a bigger one. Now they teach some 80 kids piano, guitar, violin, and voice and have a long waiting list. And that's what he will do more or less full time once he retires from his engineering job. But for him it is an emotional outlet and fun. He says when it isn't fun anymore, he closes up shop and retires for good. :)

Went to Cracker Barrel for dinner, came out started the Prius....... No dash board display...... Luckily there's a Toyota dealer in town and guess what we'll be doing tomorrow morning.

Went to Cracker Barrel for dinner, came out started the Prius....... No dash board display...... Luckily there's a Toyota dealer in town and guess what we'll be doing tomorrow morning.
Don't you have an interview tomorrow?

The One by user183852791

I agree completely. When it became too much like work, I was done. I played in bands for the fun. Sure, I'd have been perfectly happy to have been "discovered" and made a career of it, but not if I had to toil for years trying to catch a break. :lol:

During my evening walk, I did see a forsythia in bloom. A big pink flowering crab apple tree is showing early stuff. There was one of those cherry trees pruned and grown to look like a bumberschute. Mom loves them, but I think they're contrived. For the record, I'm generally down on topiary, but I have issues. Don't judge me.

Pop took a stab or two at transplanting azaleas. They came from his folks backyard down on Vernia Street. They went gangbusters in their first year. One in a tangerine shade of orange, the other deep red like a Harvard beet. But unforeseen circumstances cut their blooming days short. Someone from Shropshire England might have a different interpretation of the phrase 'blooming days'.

We moved into the Big House in October of 1966. I was one month into fourth grade and the azaleas were planted just before Halloween. They stood like a bunch of sticks right out by what would become Pop's vegetable garden.

What Pop did not take into account when he moved his Mom's azaleas up to the grounds of the Big House was the septic tank. Pop was a city boy, unaccustomed to stately living a la biodegradation of your liquid waste. Wouldn't ya know it? The tank had been filled to the brim by the previous owner. When we clan of Clampetts moved in, the tank just could not keep up. It succumbed to the flushes and flows of a family of four on Memorial Day weekend 1967.

Pop was heard to say, "I wouldn't wish home ownership on my worst enemy."

Forum List

Back