🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

C4vzqHFUoAAXw5k.jpg

PSA: People, use credit every once and a while please. Not saying you should run up a balance you can't pay off, but let the credit world know you're still breathing. It is so tough with older people who need a vehicle and haven't used credit in over ten years. It is no fun delivering the news I can't help them or it will be 25%.

PSA: People, use credit every once and a while please. Not saying you should run up a balance you can't pay off, but let the credit world know you're still breathing. It is so tough with older people who need a vehicle and haven't used credit in over ten years. It is no fun delivering the news I can't help them or it will be 25%.

Older people? I am 42 and I have never had a CC, never bought anything expensive enough to need to make payments, I almost don't exist as far as credit is concerned. :p

For sure you can't build good credit unless you use credit and good credit is valuable when it comes time to buy a home or cars or other big ticket items. Hombre and I charge almost everything, even groceries, because we get such a generous cash back for everything we use our credit card for--they give us an extra percentage for grocery purchases. So we accumulate enough on our cash back account at the bank over a year's time to pay for all our Christmas expense.

BUT. . .we pay the card off when the bill is due every single month so we never pay a penny of interest on the credit card. Otherwise, credit card debt is always one of the most expensive so we just don't accumulate it.

Older people? I am 42 and I have never had a CC, never bought anything expensive enough to need to make payments, I almost don't exist as far as credit is concerned. :p

Your situation is rather unique though. And when you complete your education and your situation changes, that will likely change too.

Your situation is rather unique though. And when you complete your education and your situation changes, that will likely change too.

Education debt is credit.

View attachment 118852 Good morning everyone! Today I have both coffee and tea drinkers covered.

Can I have milk in my coffee please?

Absolutely. Because of a tendency to have acid reflux, I always cut my coffee with a little half and half and throw in some sweetener for good measure. And though I was a black coffee drinker for many years, I now prefer it light and a tad sweet.

(CeeCee don't read this. :) )

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Indiana
df60137a1aab01580493eee6b31bd17c.jpg
Those cloud formations are called "mammatus" and are generally associated with some pretty violent weather patterns. Pretty picture, though.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Kat's sister,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Hombre's sore toes,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Indiana
Someone once told me that if you see clouds that look like upside-down eggs, take cover, a tornado is close by. I see eggs in that photo. :ack-1:

egg-701273_960_720_zpsbdvc0gtc.png

Oooo I like the blue egg the bunny person left in your post. :)

As gallantwarrior explained this morning, those are mammatus clouds and, in our part of the world at least, generally are present in especially severe weather--strong thunderstorms, probable hail and severe wind, and tornadic storms.

But, it is springtime in America and tornado season is upon us. The midwest will be watching clouds much more carefully for the next two or three months.

Tornadoes are so infrequent on the high desert that we don't concern ourselves much with them even with the occasional mammatus cloud that usually indicates torrential rain. The occasional 'cloud burst' is fortunately pretty brief but can still trigger bad flash floods.

I'm glad you two had a wonderful trip! And I always wanted to see the Garden District....mostly hoping to catch a glimpse of Lestat.:lol:

I am a huge Anne Rice fan, Gracie. I had to see the Garden District. :) But yeah...sadly no sightings of Lestat, Louis, or Claudia.

And Sherry is correct...Audubon Park was beautiful as well.

audubonoak1.jpg
Audubon-Park-Wading-Pond.jpg
audubon-park.jpg
audubon-park-thek9harperlee.jpg
Of all the cool things I saw in NOLA and in Charleston, SC, the live oaks are definitely the absolute most awesome BEST. Love live oaks. I even bought a necklace of one.
images

View attachment 118852 Good morning everyone! Today I have both coffee and tea drinkers covered.

Can I have milk in my coffee please?

Absolutely. Because of a tendency to have acid reflux, I always cut my coffee with a little half and half and throw in some sweetener for good measure. And though I was a black coffee drinker for many years, I now prefer it light and a tad sweet.

(CeeCee don't read this. :) )

Too late. :)

I think by tomorrow I'll have everyone covered, lol.

Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Kat's sister,
Hombre's sore toes,
Ernie!!!

Sunset over Indiana
Those cloud formations are called "mammatus" and are generally associated with some pretty violent weather patterns. Pretty picture, though.

Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Kat's sister,
Hombre's sore toes,
Ernie!!!

Sunset over Indiana
Someone once told me that if you see clouds that look like upside-down eggs, take cover, a tornado is close by. I see eggs in that photo. :ack-1:

As gallantwarrior explained this morning, those are mammatus clouds and, in our part of the world at least, generally are present in especially severe weather--strong thunderstorms, probable hail and severe wind, and tornadic storms.

But, it is springtime in America and tornado season is upon us. The midwest will be watching clouds much more carefully for the next two or three months.

Tornadoes are so infrequent on the high desert that we don't concern ourselves much with them even with the occasional mammatus cloud that usually indicates torrential rain. The occasional 'cloud burst' is fortunately pretty brief but can still trigger bad flash floods.
You or anyone can claim it, I'm not playing the game. It is a pretty blue. :)

Education debt is credit.

I am not borrowing for my education, though. I qualify for grant money, which is enough to cover my costs when I'm doing full time semesters. The only money I'd borrow would be from family, which doesn't help my credit. :lol:

I am not borrowing for my education, though. I qualify for grant money, which is enough to cover my costs when I'm doing full time semesters. The only money I'd borrow would be from family, which doesn't help my credit. :lol:

I'll loan you $100, send me $200 first....

Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Kat's sister,
Hombre's sore toes,
Ernie!!!

Sunset over Indiana

Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Kat's sister,
Hombre's sore toes,
Ernie!!!

Sunset over Indiana

You or anyone can claim it, I'm not playing the game. It is a pretty blue. :)

I'm not playing the game either, but I sure am enjoying the eggs. :)

Over the years I have seen some incredible sand sculptures. Doing safety inspections in our business, I once had the privilege of doing a liability risk inspection on an enormous and incredible sand castle at our state fair here in Albuquerque. I don't know how many truckloads of sand they had to haul in for it, but the spectators could actually walk up into it on sand pathways.

But I just saw this one and on a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this one a 20:

16143052_737196243110808_7807652808881655145_n.jpg

A gentle but steady Spring rain literally dampened rehearsal for the Easter Pageant on the Hillside yesterday. Then a not so gentle, but steady rain let loose in the evening. Daisy's Saturday bath was preserved by not going out among the mud puddles Sunday.

This morning I realized why I've seen so many robin red breasts lately. Earthworms awakened by all the rain crawled from the top soil and on to sidewalks and roadways over night. Scores of worms were laying out on anything less soggy than the dirt.

All the greenhouses remain closed. Some have onion sets and seed potatoes but not even the early pansies are ready for gardens. The privet hedge is showing signs of life as there are leaf buds sprouting all over it. Weeping willows, the earliest tree to leaf out, show a new green haze all over them as they are just a few weeks away from having their foliage. Forsythia, bright yellow 'show girl' bushes have yet to betray any blooms.

I'm ready for all of them! A couple daffodils have bloomed, the crocuses are petite in whites and purples and stunning yellows. If it matters, something is happening because following the rains, the pollen count is up today.

Last edited:
A gentle but steady Spring rain literally dampened rehearsal for the Easter Pagaent on the Hillside yesterday. Then a not so gentle, but steady rain let loose in the evening. Daisy's Saturday bath was preserved by not going out among th mud puddles Sunday.

This morning I realized why I've seen so many robin red breasts lately. Earthworms awakened by all the rain crawled from the top soil and on to sidewalks and roadways over night. Scores of worms were laying out on anything less soggy than the dirt.

Ally the greenhouses remain closed. Some have onion sets and seed potatoes but not even the early pansies are ready for gardens. The privet hedge is showing signs of life as there are leaf buds sprouting all over it. Weeping willows, the earliest tree to leaf out, show a new green haze all over them as the year are just a few weeks away from having their foliage. Forsythia, bright yellow 'show girl' bushes have yet to betray any blooms.

I'm ready for all of them! A couple daffodils have bloomed, the crocuses are petite in whites and purples and stunning yellows. If it matters, something is happening because following the rains, the pollen count is up today.

The daffodils, forsythia, wisteria, and flowering trees are showing all their glory here now. And the lilacs should be blooming in less than 30 days. But the air is chilled reminding us that it is yet early spring and summer is some time away. Summer arrives in Albuquerque around Mother's Day which is our target date for setting out tomatoes as we trust all danger from frost is past.

Forum List

Back