🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hello, a member ask me to help him in private, he (American Soldier ) wanted money to get back to USA i told him that i am French and i will ask the question at the forum for him, he told that we lost his wife in Nigérian and all the money he have is in the USA.
Dear, you must be more cautious about such pleas. You haven't sent him any money, have you?

I got the impression that cutting the slices is not the problem. It's the drying of them and then limitations of what the air fryer can accommodate that is the problem.
A food slicer will cut the cutting time drastically as for drying it can be done in the oven but still takes up to 7 hours, a really good dehydrator is much more efficient but not really cost effective if you're not doing bulk drying. Typically dehydrators start at $40 and go up from there. Potato chips can be baked as opposed to fried, spritz some olive oil on them and hit them with Lite Salt which uses a mix of table salt and potassium cloride, the 100% salt substitutes taste metallic and bitter.

He can't have potassium chloride right now, no salt substitutes.
He can have 2200 mg of salt a day. That means all the food he eats has to have very low salts.

I don't know where you live but Trader Joe's has salt free bread, so do some other places but it's more expensive. There is also no salt added ketchup...add a fried egg and you have a sandwich for about 100mgs sodium.

Trader Joe's also has no salt added tuna...a little mayo and you have a tuna salad sandwich...but yes, sandwiches are difficult.

Thank you, but the nearest one is a one hundred mile trip each time.
I have found canola mayo that he can have and he can have abalone in water, plus I found canned chicken for sandwiches.
The problem is he can only have 2 or 3 slices of bread a day.

That's too bad, TJ's is pretty good with having lower sodium products...even a salsa and no salt added tortilla chips.
Anyone can make their own low sodium, low fat things. A lot of paleo, and many vegan recipes are good for limited diets.

Hello, a member ask me to help him in private, he (American Soldier ) wanted money to get back to USA i told him that i am French and i will ask the question at the forum for him, he told that we lost his wife in Nigérian and all the money he have is in the USA.
Report the PM, it's a Nigerian phishing expedition.
Thank you Ringe i told him to come here because i am not American and i have a big heart but don't worry Gracie i am not a fool, I never got scammed
But repeating it here, Dahlia, instead of in announcements, you are furthering his agendas.
Just saying.

Naw I don't think so. He's just fishing for somebody with a big heart who isn't familiar with these kinds of scams. He won't come in here.
Most likely not an American, and especially not military (US), but well aware of current social currents here.

WQ and I had a wonderful anniversary trip to NOLA.:thup: We did not hit it big during our stay at the Golden Nugget in Biloxi, but enjoyed our time there. The Ponchartrain in the Garden District exceeded my expectations...it was like stepping back in time. Loved the suite, as well as the bars on the main floor and roof top. Neither one of us are fans of buffets, but we made an exception for The Court of the Two Sisters Jazz Brunch, with the perfect seat next to the fountain. We scored another fountain seat during our time imbibing at Pat O'Briens. Lots of great music throughout the French Quarter. Loved touring the beautiful homes in the Garden District, and sitting a spell at The Audobon Park. We made a detour on the route home for a tour of one of the most haunted homes in America, The Myrtles Plantation. No ghosts were spied, but we had a fantastic tour guide.:)

bi.jpg

Golden-Nugget-Biloxi-Room-560x185.png

golden-nugget-biloxi.jpg

ean-225026-0573749e_b-image.jpg

lobby-1.jpg

77574075.jpg

bayou-bar.jpg

pontchartrain-hotel-pontchartrain-hotel-in-new-orleans-57eff9018a907c5e.jpg

HotTin-900x599.jpg

hot-tin.jpg

ctyd_at_dusk.jpg

-7ab103ed82820ea2.JPG

SecondHomeofSandraBullock.jpg

Lafayette-Cemetery-22988.jpg

8081143323_77dc8c064a_b.jpg

MyrtlesPlantation_AndrewNicolle2.jpg
Has it been a year already? Congratulations to you both!

I'm glad you two had a wonderful trip! And I always wanted to see the Garden District....mostly hoping to catch a glimpse of Lestat.:lol:

I am a huge Anne Rice fan, Gracie. I had to see the Garden District. :) But yeah...sadly no sightings of Lestat, Louis, or Claudia.

And Sherry is correct...Audubon Park was beautiful as well.

audubonoak1.jpg
Audubon-Park-Wading-Pond.jpg
audubon-park.jpg
audubon-park-thek9harperlee.jpg
How old is that tree in the first picture?!!

Queen of the Damned or the Witching Hour are probably my favorites.
Blackwood Farm is pretty damn good, too. Until Mona Mayfair was dragged into it. I didn't much care for Mona.

And..after reading Blackwood Farm....I got really interested in cameo jewelry. ;)

Her old ones...The Feast of All Saints and Cry to Heaven were pretty damn cool as well. I have never read her Christian books or the 50 Shades of Grey crap. :lol: Zero interest.

But still Gracie.....very cool she was willing to correspond with you. Her talent is undeniable....at least when she was in her prime.
Anne Rice wrote "50 Shades of Grey"?

Blackwood Farm is pretty damn good, too. Until Mona Mayfair was dragged into it. I didn't much care for Mona.

And..after reading Blackwood Farm....I got really interested in cameo jewelry. ;)

Her old ones...The Feast of All Saints and Cry to Heaven were pretty damn cool as well. I have never read her Christian books or the 50 Shades of Grey crap. :lol: Zero interest.

But still Gracie.....very cool she was willing to correspond with you. Her talent is undeniable....at least when she was in her prime.

No, but she has written erotic novels. :)

I'm glad you two had a wonderful trip! And I always wanted to see the Garden District....mostly hoping to catch a glimpse of Lestat.:lol:

Apparently the blood sucking ghouls reside where we stayed.:shock:

The Pontchartrain Hotel is one of many haunted hotels in New Orleans.

There are said to be at least 25 different ghosts haunting the Pontchartrain Hotel. Two sisters are the most well-known ghosts to make a showing, although a royal countess in very elegant clothing has also been spied in the hallways. The apparition of an old man makes his rounds through the haunted Pontchartrain as well, searching for “Meagan”. Elevators are said to stop inexplicably at different floors when no one is on them. There are cold spots in the hotel as well. But the creepiest tale about the Pontchartrain Hotel is that vampires take lodging there. Visitors claim to have encountered this undead souls on their way to late night parties in the French Quarter.

The building was constructed in 1927 on St. Charles Avenue in the Garden District. It was named after a member of LouisXVI’s court, the Count de Pontchartrain.

Haunting of Pontchartrain Hotel Haunted Places in 2031 St Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA, USA - Hauntin.gs

How disappointing. Except for the blood sucking part. :) We've spent time in places reported to be haunted too and didn't get to meet any of the ghostly inhabitants. I was always disappointed.
You all went to the wrong place........

I love that movie!!!

easter-striped-easter-egg-icon-18385_zpsgdbfhtht.png

Last edited by a moderator:

I am a huge Anne Rice fan, Gracie. I had to see the Garden District. :) But yeah...sadly no sightings of Lestat, Louis, or Claudia.

audubonoak1.jpg
audubon-park.jpg

The Tree of Life

It is amazing. You just feel a sense of timelessness looking at it.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Indiana
df60137a1aab01580493eee6b31bd17c.jpg

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Kat's sister,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Hombre's sore toes,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Indiana
Someone once told me that if you see clouds that look like upside-down eggs, take cover, a tornado is close by. I see eggs in that photo. :ack-1:

egg-701273_960_720_zpsbdvc0gtc.png

Last edited by a moderator:

No, but she has written erotic novels. :)
Whew! I didn't think she'd written that trash. Some of her stuff is a bit racy, but these days, lots of stuff doesn't sell without a bit of racy trash.

Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Kat's sister,
Hombre's sore toes,
Ernie!!!

Sunset over Indiana
Those cloud formations are called "mammatus" and are generally associated with some pretty violent weather patterns. Pretty picture, though.

audubonoak1.jpg
audubon-park.jpg

The Tree of Life
Way cool, thank you!

Things are still butt-freezing cold, but warmer than they were. Two new babies and a couple more expected. I planned no new babies this year because of our impending move to the farm in Willow. Unfortunately, Nature always finds a way and I am expecting two more families in addition to the pair born Thursday. Babies are just so cute!
My partner has now been on the injured list for a year. He's becoming very lonely and needy, and he's driving me nuts! He's been hanging around my place a lot more than usual. I shouldn't complain, he is helpful, but in his less helpful moments...well, it's like having a three-year-old around.
My daughter has put my impending visit, and our trip to Beijing, on hold. Sachenda is far worse and she might be taking her children back to Maryland to help out Sachenda's husband if he finally gets the long-postponed back surgery. Alas, I would love to go with her, but being seen as a "guest" would only put more pressure on the people involved. I'll always be available, if asked, but have to consider my desires over others'.

Forum List

Back