🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hello, a member ask me to help him in private, he (American Soldier ) wanted money to get back to USA i told him that i am French and i will ask the question at the forum for him, he told that we lost his wife in Nigérian and all the money he have is in the USA.

Last edited:
Hi everybody!

Hubbie is out walking and he is doing pretty good considering every thing.
I have been experimenting with recipes since he is on a low salt , low fat diet.
Been using a Air Fryer to cook meats and fish. It pretty much uses no oil and if you do then only a tablespoon can be used.
I like how it cooks. Everything comes out real moist and tender.
I also am doing potato chips with only extra virgin olive oil sprayed on them. :)
He likes them, but it takes me 2 days to do just three thin sliced baking potatoes. It takes 2 and a half hours to dry each batch and only a single layer can go into the air fryer. :(
I am also experimenting with different spices for fish dishes. :biggrin:

He just came back so I gotta go for now.
Talk to you all later.

It slices! It dices!

I got the impression that cutting the slices is not the problem. It's the drying of them and then limitations of what the air fryer can accommodate that is the problem.

A food slicer will cut the cutting time drastically as for drying it can be done in the oven but still takes up to 7 hours, a really good dehydrator is much more efficient but not really cost effective if you're not doing bulk drying. Typically dehydrators start at $40 and go up from there. Potato chips can be baked as opposed to fried, spritz some olive oil on them and hit them with Lite Salt which uses a mix of table salt and potassium cloride, the 100% salt substitutes taste metallic and bitter.

He can't have potassium chloride right now, no salt substitutes.
He can have 2200 mg of salt a day. That means all the food he eats has to have very low salts.

I don't know where you live but Trader Joe's has salt free bread, so do some other places but it's more expensive. There is also no salt added ketchup...add a fried egg and you have a sandwich for about 100mgs sodium.

Trader Joe's also has no salt added tuna...a little mayo and you have a tuna salad sandwich...but yes, sandwiches are difficult.

Also, Swiss cheese is the lowest sodium cheese...you make a grilled cheese with it. Also avocado and fried egg is good too...

If you can't get the no salt added bread if you look you can sometimes find one low enough in sodium...there's one that's 105 mgs for 2 slices.

Last edited:
Hi everybody!

Hubbie is out walking and he is doing pretty good considering every thing.
I have been experimenting with recipes since he is on a low salt , low fat diet.
Been using a Air Fryer to cook meats and fish. It pretty much uses no oil and if you do then only a tablespoon can be used.
I like how it cooks. Everything comes out real moist and tender.
I also am doing potato chips with only extra virgin olive oil sprayed on them. :)
He likes them, but it takes me 2 days to do just three thin sliced baking potatoes. It takes 2 and a half hours to dry each batch and only a single layer can go into the air fryer. :(
I am also experimenting with different spices for fish dishes. :biggrin:

He just came back so I gotta go for now.
Talk to you all later.

It slices! It dices!

I got the impression that cutting the slices is not the problem. It's the drying of them and then limitations of what the air fryer can accommodate that is the problem.

A food slicer will cut the cutting time drastically as for drying it can be done in the oven but still takes up to 7 hours, a really good dehydrator is much more efficient but not really cost effective if you're not doing bulk drying. Typically dehydrators start at $40 and go up from there. Potato chips can be baked as opposed to fried, spritz some olive oil on them and hit them with Lite Salt which uses a mix of table salt and potassium cloride, the 100% salt substitutes taste metallic and bitter.

He can have 2200 mg of salt a day. That means all the food he eats has to have very low salts.

I don't know where you live but Trader Joe's has salt free bread, so do some other places but it's more expensive. There is also no salt added ketchup...add a fried egg and you have a sandwich for about 100mgs sodium.

Trader Joe's also has no salt added tuna...a little mayo and you have a tuna salad sandwich...but yes, sandwiches are difficult.

Thank you, but the nearest one is a one hundred mile trip each time.
I have found canola mayo that he can have and he can have abalone in water, plus I found canned chicken for sandwiches.
The problem is he can only have 2 or 3 slices of bread a day.

It slices! It dices!

I have found canola mayo that he can have and he can have abalone in water, plus I found canned chicken for sandwiches.

That's too bad, TJ's is pretty good with having lower sodium products...even a salsa and no salt added tortilla chips.

That's too bad, TJ's is pretty good with having lower sodium products...even a salsa and no salt added tortilla chips.

That's true, but I can make them here at home from scratch. :)

As we get closer to the wife's interview day the more stressed she gets and when she gets stressed she gets bossy and controlling......... often over things that I've already done....... *sigh*

Would you like to tell us, so we can repeat them?
They change depending on what she's stressing over. :lol:
The real problem is she has her job to do and I have mine, in this situation her job is to focus on the interview mine is to deal with the move and getting a house (whether she gets the job or not we're moving), she's freaking out over my worries, my job, "you need to do this, you need to do that". It's either already done or in the works.

That's true, but I can make them here at home from scratch. :)

I keep forgetting everyone isn't as lazy as I am. :)

Since my husband died in 2004 I really hate cooking.

housemate is on a strict diet too, cuz he had a heart attack 3 years ago. Anything he cooks has NO salt at all. He used every herb under the sun though. Still...its too bland for me and MrG, so we just go along with it and then salt our plates.

With that said...garlic does wonders for flavoring. Plain corn tortilla chips with a very light brushing of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil then sprinkled with garlic powder is pretty tasty. Solves the problem of drying taters for chips.

Hello, a member ask me to help him in private, he (American Soldier ) wanted money to get back to USA i told him that i am French and i will ask the question at the forum for him, he told that we lost his wife in Nigérian and all the money he have is in the USA.
Not only no, but HAYELL no.
Should I even have to say this?

Not only no, but HAYELL no.
Should I even have to say this?
He told me his wife is Nigerian and just died and he lost everything..... I reported it.

Report the PM, it's a Nigerian phishing expedition.

Thank you Ringe i told him to come here because i am not American and i have a big heart but don't worry Gracie i am not a fool, I never got scammed

Thank you Ringe i told him to come here because i am not American and i have a big heart but don't worry Gracie i am not a fool, I never got scammed
I posted a general warning in Announcements and Feedback also.

But repeating it here, Dahlia, instead of in announcements, you are furthering his agendas.
Just saying.

But repeating it here instead of in announcements, you are furthering his agendas.
Just saying.
I agree with you Gracie, you are right and Ringe took care of it and thank him

But repeating it here instead of in announcements, you are furthering his agendas.
Just saying.
I agree with you Gracie, you are right and Ringe took care of it and thank him
It's okay, you did the right thing. :thup:

That smells like a scam fraud Dalia. I would refer him to the American embassy or a military installation for help.

But repeating it here, Dahlia, instead of in announcements, you are furthering his agendas.
Just saying.

Naw I don't think so. He's just fishing for somebody with a big heart who isn't familiar with these kinds of scams. He won't come in here.

Forum List

Back