🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. Slept in this morning so I just got up. My body is still running on standard time. Enjoying the first cup of coffee and then will go rummage in the kitchen to put something together for breakfast.
I just remembered you're out west. Here it's lunchtime. LOL

I need to get Opera. Been a long time since i used it. I have been using Chrome and FF. FF is sucking big time. Thinking of dumping it.

Opera doesn't have a home button. WTF is up with that?
  1. Right-click (or Ctrl-click) the toolbar and select "Customize".
  2. Select "Appearance". The toolbar is highlighted by a yellow border.
  3. Select the Buttons tab in the resulting dialog and drag the Home button to the highlighted toolbar.
My mistake, that's from over 10 years ago, the home button has been replaced with the speed dial button, the "box" made up of 8 little boxes with the lower right little box missing. You can also disable the speed dial suggestions.
I did read that Chrome extensions could be downloaded for Opera and there are home button extensions there.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they are so insistent on the speed dial page. It's just an extra click for me. :dunno:
Mongo not know, Mongo only pawn in game of life but know it has nothing to do with choo choo........

I need to get Opera. Been a long time since i used it. I have been using Chrome and FF. FF is sucking big time. Thinking of dumping it.

3. Select the Buttons tab in the resulting dialog and drag the Home button to the highlighted toolbar.
My mistake, that's from over 10 years ago, the home button has been replaced with the speed dial button, the "box" made up of 8 little boxes with the lower right little box missing. You can also disable the speed dial suggestions.
I did read that Chrome extensions could be downloaded for Opera and there are home button extensions there.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they are so insistent on the speed dial page. It's just an extra click for me. :dunno:
Mongo not know, Mongo only pawn in game of life but know it has nothing to do with choo choo........

That's me!!!!

(Shoulda use him as an avatar)

Mongo should know though that we the technically challenged when it comes to the more intricate things involving computers and computer programs, etc. have neither the knowledge or understanding of a lot of that stuff. And when you don't have the natural aptitude, it's hard to muster up the interest to learn.

I figured out how to make Chrome my default browser--IE/Edge and FF suck on Windows 10--and attached Bing to that. So now when I want to search for something, I just click on my Bing Icon and it pulls up this beautiful and interesting background that changes every day. That is aesthetically pleasing to me. And there is a nice clean buffer in the center that I type keywords to search for something into. And once I enter a website, until I remove it, it temporarily stores that website on a tab so I can return to that site so long as I leave the tab there. Very easy to use, efficient, effective, and for me simple. And fun to use. :)

Mongo should know though that we the technically challenged when it comes to the more intricate things involving computers and computer programs, etc. have neither the knowledge or understanding of a lot of that stuff. And when you don't have the natural aptitude, it's hard to muster up the interest to learn.

I figured out how to make Chrome my default browser--IE/Edge and FF suck on Windows 10--and attached Bing to that. So now when I want to search for something, I just click on my Bing Icon and it pulls up this beautiful and interesting background that changes every day. That is aesthetically pleasing to me. And there is a nice clean buffer in the center that I type keywords to search for something into. And once I enter a website, until I remove it, it temporarily stores that website on a tab so I can return to that site so long as I leave the tab there. Very easy to use, efficient, effective, and for me simple. And fun to use. :)
Heathen......... :eusa_whistle:

I kinda like tax time. I usually have H&R Block do mine and they're filed usually the first day they can be. Thing is as a 100% service connected disabled veteran, I get all my property taxes back, and surprisingly they went down $330, thanks to Gov. Walker. Gotta love that. They were still $862 on 1.3 acres and two permanent structures.

Hey 007. You haven't been here in awhile. Glad you popped in. :)

Now I'm wondering where the term 'popped in' came from.
Yeah, for some reason I just decided to completely quit drinking after new years. Didn't make a big deal of it, just quit, and my life just got busy. Life is good and I'm having a blast. Even did some more work on the hotrod truck. I was going to just take the trim off the front bumper, but then that turned into blacking it out, and that turned into welding 18 assorted holes shut and smoothing it, and that turned into it needed the grill painted, a new GMC emblem, new OEM GM headlights, new OEM GM side marker lights, and of course new LED parking lights... OF COURSE... ;) I like it, but, it's still not done... it's never DONE. It's a work in progress. Sent in the money to put the collector plates on it today... it's 20 years old this year...

20170323_152651_zps5prvziep.jpg

Awesome toy!! Aghhhhrr, I need something similar...

But where I could use it? :-\
Yeah I've had this truck for 12 years now. Bought it in Reno. It's never seen a salty road, has zero rust and has always been garaged. I keep putting a little money in it each year with an upgrade here and there. Have done lots already but still have lots I want to do, Delphi fuel injection upgrade, headers, new exhaust, new arched rear springs, electric fan conversion, could use a new radio with blue tooth and a digital tuner, and the list goes on... it's fun... and it's a blast to drive. Thankfully here in Podunk, WI there's plenty of places to have fun with it.

How many miles per year you usually make on it? And how much gas it eating?

P.S. You should upgrade it by some big speakers, to perform dance parties at wild places, you could visit :)
I doubt I put 500 miles on it a year. It gets put away with only storage insurance on it in the winter. I have a JVC radio in it now but it's dated. It has no remote, no blue tooth, no inputs, no digital tuner, so it needs to be upgraded. I already have all Infinity Kappa speakers, and the rears are 6x9's in custom boxes that can be set outside, but my wild party days are over. I still 4 wheel it in some pretty wild places though. It is a driver, it is super fun to play with.

Hi everybody!

Hubbie is out walking and he is doing pretty good considering every thing.
I have been experimenting with recipes since he is on a low salt , low fat diet.
Been using a Air Fryer to cook meats and fish. It pretty much uses no oil and if you do then only a tablespoon can be used.
I like how it cooks. Everything comes out real moist and tender.
I also am doing potato chips with only extra virgin olive oil sprayed on them. :)
He likes them, but it takes me 2 days to do just three thin sliced baking potatoes. It takes 2 and a half hours to dry each batch and only a single layer can go into the air fryer. :(
I am also experimenting with different spices for fish dishes. :biggrin:

He just came back so I gotta go for now.
Talk to you all later.

Hi everybody!

I have been experimenting with recipes since he is on a low salt , low fat diet.
Been using a Air Fryer to cook meats and fish. It pretty much uses no oil and if you do then only a tablespoon can be used.
I also am doing potato chips with only extra virgin olive oil sprayed on them. :)
He likes them, but it takes me 2 days to do just three thin sliced baking potatoes. It takes 2 and a half hours to dry each batch and only a single layer can go into the air fryer. :(

Talk to you all later.

A good day for you is a great one for us Peach. You sound very happy and thankful.

Hi everybody!

Talk to you all later.

It slices! It dices!

Hi everybody!

Talk to you all later.

It slices! It dices!

I got the impression that cutting the slices is not the problem. It's the drying of them and then limitations of what the air fryer can accommodate that is the problem.

Hi everybody!

Talk to you all later.
You may already be way ahead of this, but if you're experimenting with spices for flavor, one of the good basic ones is to use the McCormick mixed whole peppercorns in it's own little grinder jar. The peppercorns are green, pink and white. The flavor of the fresh ground pepper is so much better than plain old ground black pepper. What made me think of that is my 2 favorites for flavoring fish: lemon and pepper.

Hi everybody!

Talk to you all later.

It slices! It dices!

I got the impression that cutting the slices is not the problem. It's the drying of them and then limitations of what the air fryer can accommodate that is the problem.

A food slicer will cut the cutting time drastically as for drying it can be done in the oven but still takes up to 7 hours, a really good dehydrator is much more efficient but not really cost effective if you're not doing bulk drying. Typically dehydrators start at $40 and go up from there. Potato chips can be baked as opposed to fried, spritz some olive oil on them and hit them with Lite Salt which uses a mix of table salt and potassium cloride, the 100% salt substitutes taste metallic and bitter.

For those of us dealing with some of the downside of the realities of being senior citizens or those approaching senior citizenship, here's something to brighten your day :) :

17426183_1425316300861680_2572405088668092592_n.jpg

Hi everybody!

Talk to you all later.

It slices! It dices!

A food slicer will cut the cutting time drastically as for drying it can be done in the oven but still takes up to 7 hours, a really good dehydrator is much more efficient but not really cost effective if you're not doing bulk drying. Typically dehydrators start at $40 and go up from there. Potato chips can be baked as opposed to fried, spritz some olive oil on them and hit them with Lite Salt which uses a mix of table salt and potassium cloride, the 100% salt substitutes taste metallic and bitter.

He can't have potassium chloride right now, no salt substitutes.
He can have 2200 mg of salt a day. That means all the food he eats has to have very low salts.

Hi everybody!

Talk to you all later.

It slices! It dices!

He can have 2200 mg of salt a day. That means all the food he eats has to have very low salts.

Okay.

As we get closer to the wife's interview day the more stressed she gets and when she gets stressed she gets bossy and controlling......... often over things that I've already done....... *sigh*

Hi everybody!

Talk to you all later.

It slices! It dices!

Exactly! You hit the nail on the head Foxfyre.
I have a great tupperware mandolin. :)

Hi everybody!

Talk to you all later.

It slices! It dices!

Okay.

This is why I am experimenting with seasonings as he is limited to beef and pork meats.
It's more chicken breasts without the skin and all kinds of fish.
Lunch is the hardest to come up with, as most sandwiches are too high in salt, when you add the meat and bread.

As we get closer to the wife's interview day the more stressed she gets and when she gets stressed she gets bossy and controlling......... often over things that I've already done....... *sigh*

Would you like to tell us, so we can repeat them?

Forum List

Back