🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

IMG_0624.JPG

Sunny and in the upper 60's today, rest of the week is warmer with an 80 or two, might be time to switch from my flannel sheets.

Today is also my #4 grandson's birthday. He is 8 and in Illinois so only a FaceTime birthday wish...did send present.

Cold, windy, rainy! Sounds like a lazy day to me. I kind of like those sometimes.

GW, take care on those icy roads, that's never any fun.

A friend asked me today in email:
If something happened to MrG and you had to live alone, where would you want to live? Where you are, or the beach where you used to be?

My answer was...home. The beach. But I wouldn't be there long. Once MrG and Karma are gone..I plan to follow shortly afterwards. Fact. Why would I want to continue on alone???
Imo, you're always where you're supposed to be. Don't talk like that Gracie, maybe you would still have some important matters to take care of. You know what I'm talking about, your dog's name is Karma, for goodness sake.

Morning !

Hubby went to town to meet his friend for breakfast.
Tomorrow is his Doc. Appt so we shall see if the drugs are working and go from there. :)
Morning Peach! Hope you're doing okay too, this stress is hard on everyone close to him as well. Try to relax when he goes to visit friends sometimes. :)

Damn, it's a real snow storm here, since early morning... Winter is coming... Hell, 30th of March!
We got a decent snowfall yesterday, too! It was wet, heavy springtime snow. It turned the to icy slick hockey rinks.
We got it a couple days ago and more coming Saturday. March always sucks, but usually April starts getting a bit better. No sign of that yet.

So March is going out like a lamb. Warmer, a bit damper and definitely more floral. The trees have a great green haze about them as the leaf buds are sprouting. The gravel and rock salt spread out on the roads to get rid of the ice of winter has just about all washed away. A fresh crop of pot holes is challenging the city street department.

A new building is being built downtown. A four story apartment building at the corner of Fifth and Market streets. I'm glad that there is 'major' construction downtown. The old Olgilvie's Department store building has been converted into a trade school. Kent State University has a branch campus in the old high school building down on Fourth and Broadway and the old J.C. Penny building is now occupied by the Buckeye Online School for Success (BOSS). We are becoming the education center for the upper Ohio River valley.

We used to be the tavern center, the neighborhood bar center, the dimly lit stale beer smelling center. There was a bar on nearly every block. Places that would stay open 23 hours a day, leaving one hour to disinfect and air the joint out a bit. Why round the clock? Because the town worked around the clock. The steel mills and potteries ran three shifts. So, at any time of the day or night, someone would just be coming to work and someone would be leaving work. And those leaving work deserved a mug of suds to wash to dust out of their throats.

The regulars had their special; spots in each tavern, usually at the end of the bar nearest the TV set and the peanut vending machine. The taps were at the center of the bar and that made the center of the bar far too busy to conduct the important discussions held by the old timers. They would discuss current events, the prospects for the high school football team, workplace issues, family life and where they would be deer hunting next November. Everything but politics, religion and personal finances.

And the jokes they told were an eclectic mix of corn, dry wit and disgustingly filthy. They would begin a joke with a smile and a glint in the eye, and as the punchline grew nearer, they would all lean in and anticipate the delivery. "No! It wasn't the food that got him! He was out in the street licking his balls and a car ran him over!". With that they would roar with laughter and snort and fart. They had a great time.

Damn, it's a real snow storm here, since early morning... Winter is coming... Hell, 30th of March!
We got a decent snowfall yesterday, too! It was wet, heavy springtime snow. It turned the to icy slick hockey rinks.

Well you guys sort of live in the same part of the world. You CAN see each other's countries from one place in each. But please keep the freezing weather in your part of the world.

It tried here this week--cold north wind, cold rain, and the snow level came down on the mountain almost to the city. But all the trees are leafing out now--some have completed the process--and everything is blooming. We sure don't need another freeze. Even as I say that, another one or two is very likely.

Last edited:

Well you guys sort of live in the same part of the world. You CAN see each other's countries from one place in each.

But

Love this one.

Been raining for 2 days here. Pretty bored in the house. Going to hit the shop and see what I can putz around with...

The wild turkey is back. He was gone for a few days--or I thought he was--but this morning he was full throat when I walked out the back door. News update: He's got a GIRL with him now. I talked back to him a few times, and each time I did he responded with a gobble-gobble-gobble and from deeper in the woods I heard a response from another turkey, but it wasn't a gobble like his--it was more like a bark or a honk, and it wasn't as loud. But every time he spoke, I heard her say "I'm okay."
Could be a long nesting season.

Cold, windy, rainy! Sounds like a lazy day to me. I kind of like those sometimes.

GW, take care on those icy roads, that's never any fun.
You better believe it about the roads. I drive like a geezer and don't care how fast others feel they need to drive. When the roads go to crap like this, I plan an extra half hour to get to work. Too bad the Municipality only has enough money for either cops, or road clearing (that's their story, at any rate). It's worse for pedestrians and the people waiting for a bus, though.
It is warmer today, but still not above freezing. We're still waiting for a second doe to kid. She's so h-u-g-e! Her belly is almost dragging the ground, I suspect triplets again this year.

Forum List

Back