USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good news! :)
The heart meds are working, he has more than 30% of his right heart valve pumping.
Doc has put him on one more heart drug to help improve the valve pumping and if he can get up to around 45% or better, they can do bypass surgery and he won't need a defibrillator and heart pump.
He's so jazzed!!!!!! :biggrin:
He gets another eco gram in 6 to 8 weeks and we continue from there.

The wild turkey is back. He was gone for a few days--or I thought he was--but this morning he was full throat when I walked out the back door. News update: He's got a GIRL with him now. I talked back to him a few times, and each time I did he responded with a gobble-gobble-gobble and from deeper in the woods I heard a response from another turkey, but it wasn't a gobble like his--it was more like a bark or a honk, and it wasn't as loud. But every time he spoke, I heard her say "I'm okay."
Could be a long nesting season.
Aww! Just imagine how cute the little pults will be when they finally hatch.

A friend asked me today in email:
If something happened to MrG and you had to live alone, where would you want to live? Where you are, or the beach where you used to be?

My answer was...home. The beach. But I wouldn't be there long. Once MrG and Karma are gone..I plan to follow shortly afterwards. Fact. Why would I want to continue on alone???

Just because it's the end of the chapters in Mr.G and Karma's life, does not mean it's the end of a new chapter for you to experience.
Neither one of them would want that for you.

Good news! :)
The heart meds are working, he has more than 30% of his right heart valve pumping.
Doc has put him on one more heart drug to help improve the valve pumping and if he can get up to around 45% or better, they can do bypass surgery and he won't need a defibrillator and heart pump.
He's so jazzed!!!!!! :biggrin:
He gets another eco gram in 6 to 8 weeks and we continue from there.

Good news indeed. Living with a heart pump is better than not having one if you must have one, but if that can be avoided, that would truly be a blessing.

He doesn't post here much anymore but he was a charter member of the Coffee Shop going way back to 2010, and was important to all of us when he was still active here. And still is. I hope he still reads in now and then. So I can't let his birthday pass without something to mark the event. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SFC Ollie !!!

normal_000_17891.jpg

He doesn't post here much anymore but he was a charter member of the Coffee Shop going way back to 2010, and was important to all of us when he was still active here. And still is. I hope he still reads in now and then. So I can't let his birthday pass without something to mark the event. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SFC Ollie !!!

normal_000_17891.jpg
Happy Birthday, Ollie!

If something happened to MrG and you had to live alone, where would you want to live? Where you are, or the beach where you used to be?

My answer was...home. The beach. But I wouldn't be there long. Once MrG and Karma are gone..I plan to follow shortly afterwards. Fact. Why would I want to continue on alone???

Just because it's the end of the chapters in Mr.G and Karma's life, does not mean it's the end of a new chapter for you to experience.
I would not want to experience anything ...alone. And alone I would be. No thanks.

Cold, windy, rainy! Sounds like a lazy day to me. I kind of like those sometimes.

GW, take care on those icy roads, that's never any fun.
You better believe it about the roads. I drive like a geezer and don't care how fast others feel they need to drive. When the roads go to crap like this, I plan an extra half hour to get to work. Too bad the Municipality only has enough money for either cops, or road clearing (that's their story, at any rate). It's worse for pedestrians and the people waiting for a bus, though.
It is warmer today, but still not above freezing. We're still waiting for a second doe to kid. She's so h-u-g-e! Her belly is almost dragging the ground, I suspect triplets again this year.
picked-up-the-turkey-for-wild-turkey-straight-whiskey-funny-7349666.png

Drove to the accountant's office in Dixon today in the rain. Picked up my taxes and got them all paid. Freedom sure doesn't come cheap! Did I mention that I hate taxes? ***groan***

Someone deliberately ran into the back end of our new Kia and stole our temp. Permit.
Cops just got here to look at it.
Man when it rains it pours eh?

I would not want to experience anything ...alone. And alone I would be. No thanks.

I too shall be alone, but I look at it as a new adventure in my life not the end of it.
We never know what our futures hold.

He doesn't post here much anymore but he was a charter member of the Coffee Shop going way back to 2010

This reminds me how damn long I've been coming to this site. I've been posting on USMB the entire time the little one has been alive! I don't know when I first started coming into the CS, though.

I'm not sure either Montro. You are definitely a true denizen of the CS, but I don't remember when you first posted here. Probably before CS IV though, yes?

Someone deliberately ran into the back end of our new Kia and stole our temp. Permit.
Cops just got here to look at it.
Man when it rains it pours eh?

Oh my gosh Peach. That you guys didn't need. Were you in it? If so when they catch the scum, if he is insured, you are seriously injured.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

And for many of us Winter keeps refusing to give way to Spring:
08-09-08003.jpg

Forum List

Back