🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
SFC Ollie and his special project.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Hawaii
glorious_sunset_over_kee_beach_north_shore_kauai_hawaii-1532840.jpg

Too bad Spoonman isn't still around. He likes his AR's and shootin' and such. I just finished up a quickie job on plinker targets for us hicks out here in Podunk, WI. My buddy has been bugging me for a couple years to build us something to shoot at out of metal so we can just hear if we hit it. He bought the top and lower small targets so I just welded them on, then made a couple bigger ones and a quick stand. Looking forward to doing some damage to it soon...

20170410_150415_zpsyeafjfmn.jpg

Anything the neighbor in the background did to you in particular?

Yesterday I wore some shoes I didn't use to wear in a million years....
and the result was this :shock:
It looks like nothing but today I had many problems to walk...:(View attachment 121299

Oh, so sorry esthermoon. There is nothing more miserable than having your feet hurt. Of course you are still young and no doubt fashionable. I am old enough to be fashionably eccentric, so I don't have to wear shoes that hurt me anymore. :)

Sbiker had a good idea. If you can find some moleskin, that could also help until you heal up I think.

Yesterday I wore some shoes I didn't use to wear in a million years....
and the result was this :shock:
It looks like nothing but today I had many problems to walk...:(View attachment 121299

Oh, so sorry esthermoon. There is nothing more miserable than having your feet hurt. Of course you are still young and no doubt fashionable. I am old enough to be fashionably eccentric, so I don't have to wear shoes that hurt me anymore. :)

Sbiker had a good idea. If you can find some moleskin, that could also help until you heal up I think.
Hi Foxfyre! :bye1:
Thanks for your advice! :)
First of all I've destroyed those guilty shoes... They won't hurt me anymore :badgrin:
:D

Hi all, been a little busy working on getting the house. Yesterday I discovered that even if we rolled our IRAs over to self directed IRAs (use self directed to "invest" in the house) we would loose $13,000 so that option is gone, digging through boxes of files I've already packed for documents I didn't know we needed mostly because I decided to go VA for the loan. Next I get to do our taxes but that shouldn't be hard, just a couple of hours.

Hi all, been a little busy working on getting the house. Yesterday I discovered that even if we rolled our IRAs over to self directed IRAs (use self directed to "invest" in the house) we would loose $13,000 so that option is gone, digging through boxes of files I've already packed for documents I didn't know we needed mostly because I decided to go VA for the loan. Next I get to do our taxes but that shouldn't be hard, just a couple of hours.

Hope you don't have any problem getting the VA loan. The last time we did a refi we tried to go the VA route, but they wanted so much stuff we finally gave up and just got a conventional loan through our bank--it was easy sailing to do that though. I still have to do our taxes too though. I have Thursday night set aside for that.

Hope you don't have any problem getting the VA loan. The last time we did a refi we tried to go the VA route, but they wanted so much stuff we finally gave up and just got a conventional loan through our bank--it was easy sailing to do that though. I still have to do our taxes too though. I have Thursday night set aside for that.
Not a refi, first time homebuyer (been more than 3 years since we owned) so the process is easier. As for taxes, ours were easy though we ended up having to pay, early IRA withdraws, I'm just glad we had the money or the government would have deducted certain amounts from my monthly SSDI to pay it back.

Hey Ringel, computer question: I can't get my Windows 7 PC to see my Linux PCs. I can connect to them, and the Linux PCs can see the Windows PC fine, but when I open the network places on the Windows PC, nothing shows up. I have to run \\ to connect to the Linux machines. Do you have any idea why that's the case? I've never had a problem with my Vista PC seeing the Linux machines on the network. :dunno:

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
SFC Ollie and his special project.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over southeast Alabama
00011e72_medium.jpeg

Hey Ringel, computer question: I can't get my Windows 7 PC to see my Linux PCs. I can connect to them, and the Linux PCs can see the Windows PC fine, but when I open the network places on the Windows PC, nothing shows up. I have to run \\ to connect to the Linux machines. Do you have any idea why that's the case? I've never had a problem with my Vista PC seeing the Linux machines on the network. :dunno:
How to Enable File Sharing & Change the Workgroup in Ubuntu Linux | Digital Citizen

Hope this helps.

Oh and make sure they're all on the same network. If it's set for 'Public' in Windows that may be your problem.

Day of Cosmonautics! :) Hope, next decades humankind will reach another celestial bodies by piloted expeditions!

"Earth is the cradle for humanity...
...but one cannot live in a cradle forever."

I have had my taxes done for five weeks now. The IRS has had plenty of time to loose my W-2s and a 8880 form. Those have been faxed. Hopefully they give up soon and send the refund.

Forum List

Back