USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning! :)

d06d5cfbac2e7c5988d2fe3f6ac1570b.jpg

Good morning Chris and everybody.

We had a terrible afternoon and evening yesterday. We had just sat down to eat lunch when our resident mini doxie we are keeping for friend Dana just keeled over - stopped breathing. She had been fine up to that moment. We picked her up, thought maybe something lodged in her throat, did sort of a heimlich maneuver on a dog and she did throw up quite a bit and started breathing but was listless, couldn't stand. Rushed her to the emergency vet and almost $600 later still no clue what was wrong. She is some better this morning but something is hurting her and we can't locate the source of pain when she is moving around. Her regular vet is closed Sundays and probably today being Memorial Day.

Friend Dana remains in Salt Lake City awaiting a heart transplant when one becomes available. She is very depressed and her best friend is certain this dog is the only thing giving her a will to live.

I am really afraid.

We had a terrible afternoon and evening yesterday. We had just sat down to eat lunch when our resident mini doxie we are keeping for friend Dana just keeled over - stopped breathing. She had been fine up to that moment. We picked her up, thought maybe something lodged in her throat, did sort of a heimlich maneuver on a dog and she did throw up quite a bit and started breathing but was listless, couldn't stand. Rushed her to the emergency vet and almost $600 later still no clue what was wrong. She is some better this morning but something is hurting her and we can't locate the source of pain when she is moving around. Her regular vet is closed Sundays and probably today being Memorial Day.

Friend Dana remains in Salt Lake City awaiting a heart transplant when one becomes available. She is very depressed and her best friend is certain this dog is the only thing giving her a will to live.

I am really afraid.

Ohhh, that is really upsetting. I'm sorry to hear about this! :(

I hope the little dog will be okay, as well as your friend. Hang in there, sweetie. :smiliehug:

I am really afraid.

I hope the little dog will be okay, as well as your friend. Hang in there, sweetie. :smiliehug:

We love Carly, the mini doxie, and would of course grieve if we lost her. But to think our friend's life is also hanging in that balance is terrifying.

I am really afraid.

Good wishes for the dog to pull through, leading to your friend Dana not having that extra worry and doing well with her own medical troubles.

Hey Dajjal, have you ever played the Max Payne games? I was thinking about this last night; I know you like to play FPSs, and Max Payne might be my favorite one-player FPS ever. The first 2 games are a sort of pulp noir crime story, with a great atmosphere and fun gameplay. You can get them for less than $10, maybe as low as just a couple of bucks each if you wait for a sale. They are old enough that they won't stress your PC at all, but still good games to play.

Hey Dajjal, have you ever played the Max Payne games? I was thinking about this last night; I know you like to play FPSs, and Max Payne might be my favorite one-player FPS ever. The first 2 games are a sort of pulp noir crime story, with a great atmosphere and fun gameplay. You can get them for less than $10, maybe as low as just a couple of bucks each if you wait for a sale. They are old enough that they won't stress your PC at all, but still good games to play.
Hi ! No I don't think I have played any Max Payne games. Although I seem to remember a film of that name.
Thanks for the heads up.

Hi ! No I don't think I have played any Max Payne games. Although I seem to remember a film of that name.
Thanks for the heads up.

There was a movie made based on the games, but don't let that stop you. The games are much better than the movie. :p

The movers were back today, filled the 29 ft tractor trailer and most of the 6 x 12 uhaul tow behind. The carpet guy took care of the small amount of carpeting we had to do and I have a couple coming by tomorrow to help finish the left over packing and clean the house. I'm wasted........... Everything hurts........ We were hoping to get out tomorrow but it looks like we won't be able to leave until Wednesday.

The movers were back today, filled the 29 ft tractor trailer and most of the 6 x 12 uhaul tow behind. The carpet guy took care of the small amount of carpeting we had to do and I have a couple coming by tomorrow to help finish the left over packing and clean the house. I'm wasted........... Everything hurts........ We were hoping to get out tomorrow but it looks like we won't be able to leave until Wednesday.

A day's rest would probably be better for you than speed in this case.

I am really afraid.

We love Carly, the mini doxie, and would of course grieve if we lost her. But to think our friend's life is also hanging in that balance is terrifying.

How are they both doing today? I hope everything is okay.

Forum List

Back