USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning everybody, what are your weekend plans?

Watching my birthday present DVD's because there is nothing on TV. first I watched 'fantastic beasts and where to find them' and I just watched ' Doctor Strange' Dr Strange was quite spectacular, but ' fantastic beasts' was a bit too daft for my taste.

I thought Dr. Strange was just an average offering from Marvel. Some of their other films, like Guardians of the Galaxy or Civil War, have been much better.

Morning Drifter.
Light housework
Fix lunch that will also be dinner
One load of laundry
Enjoy favorite movies tonight
Tomorrow have Aunt Betty over for lunch (sweet & sour pork this week) and a movie.

We're pretty boring actually. :)

Life is slowly returning to normal. I think I've caught up on sleep but the weird part is my body is on a human schedule. We can't have that and own a bar. LOL

It feels good to be productive again. Some tasks either opening or closing are pretty physically taxing,so I've been washing dishes, ashtrays and mats and cleaning bathrooms while my bartenders have been mopping. It's a fair trade and I'm not hurting my knee by twisting my body to swing a mop around.

Forcing myself to resume my unorthodox internal clock is the next project. I did stay up until 2:30 this morning as was ready to answer a call from the bar at 9.
The call was and OMG! What happened to "Happy Hour"?
Since we started opening at 9 AM, Happy hour has been from 9 til 2PM every day.... That is until a surprise visit from Alabama Beverage Control.
ABC performs random checks from time to time. This was our first. First they sent a 19 year old undercover in to order a drink with an undercover at the bar. My bartender checked ID and refused service. Then, 4 more agents entered and demanded liquor and beer receipts for the last year. State law requires these records be on site at all times. They want to make sure bars are not selling liquor bought out of state or from other than State controlled stores.
My partner who knows where all these records are, headed back to the bar as did I for moral support and my ability to schmooze a mountain lion. We provided the records asked for and didn't incur the $500 fine they impose.
So, ABC is remarking on how organized we are, how clean the place is and how we have transformed a seedy dive into a classy spot. but you could tell a couple of the guys wanted to find something to bitch about. That's when one saw "Happy Hour 9 AM til 2 PM" on the sign outside. Come to find out, an obscure Alabama law prohibits "Happy Hour" before 10 AM. No fine, just needed to fix it and swear on a stack of illogical regulations that we would never ever sell a beer for 2 bucks before 10 ever again.
I fixed that in the computer yesterday morning and today, I get the frantic call.

Morning Drifter.
Light housework
One load of laundry
Tomorrow have Aunt Betty over for lunch (sweet & sour pork this week) and a movie.

My plans consist of reading and posting on this site, studying for my algebra exam, doing other schoolwork, watching TV, and playing Assassin's Creed. :p

I don't even have plans with the little one, she's at her dad's for the weekend. :lol:

Morning Drifter.
Light housework
One load of laundry

Sounds absolutely wonderful to me, especially since I haven't had any pork in 6 months. :biggrin:

Watching my birthday present DVD's because there is nothing on TV. first I watched 'fantastic beasts and where to find them' and I just watched ' Doctor Strange' Dr Strange was quite spectacular, but ' fantastic beasts' was a bit too daft for my taste.
TV is pretty sparse and after a tiff with DirecTV over available channels in a programming package, I have bought 2 Rokus and am currently binge watching old shows like Numbers, Leverage and the CSI franchise. TV is mostly a diversion for me. I rarely give it my undivided attention, but it must be on so I can fall asleep.
I just bought a 55 inch 4K Phillips TV and do watch some stuff that streams in 4K It's really awesome.

TV is pretty sparse and after a tiff with DirecTV over available channels in a programming package, I have bought 2 Rokus and am currently binge watching old shows like Numbers, Leverage and the CSI franchise. TV is mostly a diversion for me. I rarely give it my undivided attention, but it must be on so I can fall asleep.
I just bought a 55 inch 4H Phillips TV and do watch some stuff that streams in 4H It's really awesome.

The streaming services are great for a cheaper alternative to cable or satellite......but the lack of live sports broadcasts can suck.

I just bought a 55 inch 4H Phillips TV and do watch some stuff that streams in 4H It's really awesome.

The streaming services are great for a cheaper alternative to cable or satellite......but the lack of live sports broadcasts can suck.
I have all that at the bar and I'm virtually always there for the important games and NASCAR

I just bought a 55 inch 4K Phillips TV and do watch some stuff that streams in 4K It's really awesome.

I too need the TV or radio to sleep. I know that goes against the conventional wisdom, but I know just which movie to put on or what channel to tune to that won't over stimulate me and provides the white noise I need to sleep.

We have about 70 free TV channels but I am still hard pressed to find something new to watch, its mostly repeats. There are satellite channels but you have to pay, and I am trying to live on budget.

We have about 70 free TV channels but I am still hard pressed to find something new to watch, its mostly repeats. There are satellite channels but you have to pay, and I am trying to live on budget.

We have almost 900 channels and have the same problem finding something worthwhile to watch. We enjoy the History Channel, Discover, National Geographic, a few news programs, a few things featured elsewhere, and every once in awhile there is a good new movie on. But otherwise it is mostly repeats and garbage.

DDGyxpFVwAAcQAO.jpg

We have almost 900 channels and have the same problem finding something worthwhile to watch. We enjoy the History Channel, Discover, National Geographic, a few news programs, a few things featured elsewhere, and every once in awhile there is a good new movie on. But otherwise it is mostly repeats and garbage.

At this point, while there are good things to watch, it's hard to find them in all the junk.

12:39 and it's already 105 F.
I don't want to look out the window at 2:00 or 3:00 when it reaches it peak, but I know I will. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back