USMB Coffee Shop IV

This house has a "water fall" in the yard with a small pool, man-made, it's about 2 1/2 feet in diameter and about 1 /12 feet deep with stacked rocks behind it and a pump to run the water up so as to form a waterfall. This morning I went out and noticed the pool was half empty with the front flat rocks and ground wet...... Pretty sure we have a local raccoon or two.........

I've never seen any in this neighborhood. About the only wildlife around here are birds, including a roadrunner now and then, and lizards.
I was reading news reports, it does appear NE has it's share of raccoons.

The heatwave is over in Britain. It lasted nearly a week, but now its cloudy and cool.

I woke up at 4.30 am this morning and the foxes were out with their cubs, but there was not enough light to get good pictures.

This house has a "water fall" in the yard with a small pool, man-made, it's about 2 1/2 feet in diameter and about 1 /12 feet deep with stacked rocks behind it and a pump to run the water up so as to form a waterfall. This morning I went out and noticed the pool was half empty with the front flat rocks and ground wet...... Pretty sure we have a local raccoon or two.........

I've never seen any in this neighborhood. About the only wildlife around here are birds, including a roadrunner now and then, and lizards.

The Northeast is a huge area though with a lot of varied terrain including wilderness areas. It is certainly possible. I've just never seen one in our neighborhood.

The Northeast is a huge area though with a lot of varied terrain including wilderness areas. It is certainly possible. I've just never seen one in our neighborhood.
I didn't see it/them but it seems the most logical choice.

The heatwave is over in Britain. It lasted nearly a week, but now its cloudy and cool.

I woke up at 4.30 am this morning and the foxes were out with their cubs, but there was not enough light to get good pictures.
Hello, the same for me the heatwave is over it feel so so good Dajjal...what a relief ! :beer:
giphy.gif

Rowdy lizards?

Things are progressing nicely with my new ward. At first, he wasn't convinced that the syringe=food. By this morning, after about three feedings, he was satisfied, but syringes are pretty harsh on small, kitty mouths. I got a kitten bottle this morning and he's doubled down on his food intake. He's learned how to get out of the box I had him in, and he follows me around. Right now, he's comfortably snoozing in the poor dog's bed that is next to me on my bench. Earlier, he was resting on my thigh. I'm thinking he'll come around pretty well. I took him to work so I could provide the frequent, small feedings a guy his age requires and everyone loved on him and played with him. I've estimated his age at about 3 weeks. He's also used his improvised kitty box a few times, too.

Rowdy lizards?
Thankfully they're not that big....... :lol:

Rowdy lizards?

I think so according to resident doxie Carly. She caught and killed one first rattle out of the box this morning. Fortunately Hombre intercepted her and confiscated it before she presented it to me in the house.

Rowdy lizards?

I think so according to resident doxie Carly. She caught and killed one first rattle out of the box this morning. Fortunately Hombre intercepted her and confiscated it before she presented it to me in the house.

Hello Lady Foxfyre, I hope that you're doing well...

Rowdy lizards?

Hey Lumpy!!! Long time no see. So happy you dropped by. And yes, doing very well thank you and I hope the same for you and yours.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Kat & Mr. Kat in transition,
Hossfly's knee surgery,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition and wellness for Ringel,
Dana!!!! (Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant.)
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, SFC Ollie, AgainSheila, and all others we hope will return.

" Never underestimate your importance at the bottom of the totem pole. Without the bottom, the top would fall over."

th

7 months and I finally made it back to work. 7 months and I can pay the the bills and still have more in the account than the week before. Failed my first workability test which is when the wife started getting uneasy. Swelling wouldnt go down and the incisions wouldnt stay closed. Dr had no thoughts on the matter at all which surprised me. Quit drinking soda and started a protein shake and supplement routine, problem solved overnite. Allowed a more aggressive workout routine which led to passing a last chance test.Total of 7 major financial blows in 7 months. Never seen anything like this before. Hopefully its over as I still have a hospital bill for one of the daughters and sundry expenses I started putting on the credit card in case things spun out of control.

Rowdy lizards?

Hey Lumpy!!! Long time no see. So happy you dropped by. And yes, doing very well thank you and I hope the same for you and yours.

Oh, life's been going pretty good, the family is fine and I'm having plenty of laughs .. sooo no complaints.

I'm glad you're doing very well Mama Fox, when it's asked who you respect or admire the most at the USMB, you still top my list Darlin... :smiliehug:

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, maybe it's the mind-numbingly boring nature of the work, but I think my Database Management text contradicts itself sometimes. I'm reading a chapter for this week's work, and this paragraph sounds to me to be contradicting itself:
"
There are three types of primary keys that you can use in your database design. A natural key (also called a logical key or an intelligent key) is a primary key that consists of a column that uniquely identifies an entity, such as a person’s Social Security number, a book’s ISBN (International Standard Book Number), a product’s UPC (Universal Product Code), or a vehicle’s VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). These characteristics are inherent to the entity and visible to users. If a natural key exists for an entity, you usually can select it as the primary key."

So if a natural key is, by definition, a primary key, how can it go on to say that if a natural key exists, you can usually select it as the primary key? Wouldn't that mean it is not a primary key by definition?

I think this is poor writing/editing, and doesn't make me feel good about learning the material, when I'm unsure I can trust the authors. :p

:)) Just remove word "primary" in second sentence. Natural key is a key, and only can be primary... But, frankly speaking, using a natural key as primary is not a good idea. At first, author gives an intricate examples, but don't say, natural key cannot be changeable. What would you do, if your natural key would number of Driver License, and you'll lose one?
At second, natural keys have different types. When you should build API at this database - it would make your work much more difficult and full of bugs...

So, author is right :) - it's a bad idea to use natural key as primary. Use surrogate key! :)

I wish I just had to answer whether I prefer a natural or surrogate key. :p

IT, as a discipline with serious mental construction background and sophisticated ideas are very close to religions. And logic of learning in many cases is the same - you must learn from teacher objective and subjective info both. So, beware of critic, even you disagree with you teachers... you could revenge them, when you become a new teacher and write own books :)))

Rowdy lizards?

Oh, life's been going pretty good, the family is fine and I'm having plenty of laughs .. sooo no complaints.

I'm glad you're doing very well Mama Fox, when it's asked who you respect or admire the most at the USMB, you still top my list Darlin... :smiliehug:

Well thank you my friend. I imagine there are many but its always nice to get on a good list once in awhile. :) It's always good to see you.

Forum List

Back