USMB Coffee Shop IV

DDL5_ImXsAEG7Sz.jpg

Here is a sleeping kitty

Two weeks from today I'll be on vacation. Guess I need to decide if I wear the black speedo or the red one!

Getting reports of a possible active shooter at the Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville AL. My brother, a niece and an in-law work there. So far no reports of casualties but that doesn't easy my worries just yet.

Getting reports of a possible active shooter at the Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville AL. My brother, a niece and an in-law work there. So far no reports of casualties but that doesn't easy my worries just yet.

That's scary. Keeping fingers crossed. A prayer or two. . .nothing on Cable news at 11:22 am.

Last edited:

That's scary. Keeping fingers crossed. A prayer or two. . .nothing on Cable news at 11:22 am.
The good thing is it turned out to be a false alarm.

I just got done with my algebra exam, I got a 94 (technically, 94.444 repeating), 17/18. That's an A, a perfectly good score......but I'm disappointed, because I thought I knew all of the answers pretty easily. I finished the exam and went back and looked over each question in 30 minutes of the 2 hours allowed. I didn't have any answers I thought were iffy. I can't find out yet what I got wrong, but I think I'll be able to on Wednesday. I wonder if it was just a typo, or a misplaced point on a graph. :dunno:

:) You didn't expect an A on this one, remember? But I do understand your frustration, not knowing what you missed.

Thank goodness for that.

I just got done with my algebra exam, I got a 94 (technically, 94.444 repeating), 17/18. That's an A, a perfectly good score......but I'm disappointed, because I thought I knew all of the answers pretty easily. I finished the exam and went back and looked over each question in 30 minutes of the 2 hours allowed. I didn't have any answers I thought were iffy. I can't find out yet what I got wrong, but I think I'll be able to on Wednesday. I wonder if it was just a typo, or a misplaced point on a graph. :dunno:

:) You didn't expect an A on this one, remember? But I do understand your frustration, not knowing what you missed.

There are no limits to perfection :)

So true. It is why so many of us make things harder than they have to be. But I would rather go for perfection and miss (and I usually do miss) than go for mediocrity. :)

Aha! It turns out that for one of my algebra exam questions, I typed y= at the start of my answer, but there was already a y= before the box you put the answer in. That made my answer turn into y=y=. My instructor saw that and gave me credit for the problem, because the answer itself was correct, I just input it with what amounts to a typo. That means I got 100. :D

Thank goodness for that.
I have a feeling...... actually I know that someone is going to get in serious trouble over those phone calls that kicked the whole thing off......

So true. It is why so many of us make things harder than they have to be. But I would rather go for perfection and miss (and I usually do miss) than go for mediocrity. :)
I want to go for mediocrity and leave it to someone else to fix....... I'm an aspiring politician........

Tomorrow is a big day!!! I married Mrs. BBD 25 years ago tomorrow. Seems like I should be coming up for parole pretty soon!

Tomorrow is a big day!!! I married Mrs. BBD 25 years ago tomorrow. Seems like I should be coming up for parole pretty soon!

Wow, that's great .. congratulations.... :iagree:

Alas... at this point the Stockholm Syndrome is complete, No parole for you...:itsok:

I want to go for mediocrity and leave it to someone else to fix....... I'm an aspiring politician........

Funny only because it is a lie. :) You see, I, and probably others have been paying attention when you talk about your re-enactment outfits, and what painstaking detail you put into it. That isn't mediocrity. :)

Forum List

Back