USMB Coffee Shop IV

I just got done with my algebra exam, I got a 94 (technically, 94.444 repeating), 17/18. That's an A, a perfectly good score......but I'm disappointed, because I thought I knew all of the answers pretty easily. I finished the exam and went back and looked over each question in 30 minutes of the 2 hours allowed. I didn't have any answers I thought were iffy. I can't find out yet what I got wrong, but I think I'll be able to on Wednesday. I wonder if it was just a typo, or a misplaced point on a graph. :dunno:

:) You didn't expect an A on this one, remember? But I do understand your frustration, not knowing what you missed.

There are no limits to perfection :)

So true. It is why so many of us make things harder than they have to be. But I would rather go for perfection and miss (and I usually do miss) than go for mediocrity. :)
I want to go for mediocrity and leave it to someone else to fix....... I'm an aspiring politician........

Funny only because it is a lie. :) You see, I, and probably others have been paying attention when you talk about your re-enactment outfits, and what painstaking detail you put into it. That isn't mediocrity. :)
Damn! You're all on to me.

Curses! Foiled again!

I decided I'd horn in on Big Black Dogs speedo dilemma and blessings.

My lady love and I just celebrated our 31st year of (mostly) wedded bliss on the 21st. with 3 days on the beach and in the redwoods.....:)..... nuff said...

Last edited:
You gotta see this .. then .. I'll bet you can't see it just once....:lmao:

Happy 4th of July ... :salute:

mmm.. it's past midnight (pacific time) and Mama Fox hasn't signed off... taking a little snooze maybe...:confused-84:

I decided I'd horn in on Big Black Dogs speedo dilemma and blessings.

My lady love and I just celebrated our 31st year of (mostly) wedded bliss on the 21st. with 3 days on the beach and in the redwoods.....:)..... nuff said...

Well Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Lumpy too!!! I like to say that Hombre and I have been happily married--at least most of the time--for more years than most of you have been alive. :)

mmm.. it's past midnight (pacific time) and Mama Fox hasn't signed off... taking a little snooze maybe...:confused-84:

I did forget to sign off last night. Fell asleep in the middle of watching "Giant". If there is no change in the vigil list, and the Coffee Shop has had slow traffic for the day, I sometimes let it ride for a night too.

Lumpy 1 and any others who can't sleep:

For you insomniacs, We have finally found an OTC sleep aid that really works for us. It is two extra strength (500 mg each) acetaminophen (brand name Tylenol) plus 25 mg diphenhydramine (brand name Benadryl.). Albertson/Safeway store brand is labeled Pain Relief PM. I think the brand name is simply Extra Strength Tylenol PM.

Both Hombre and I take two of these at bedtime--we don't take any other Tylenol product during the day as you have to be very careful of overdose with Tylenol. We add 1 220mg naproxen--eat a little something with it as nsaids can otherwise hurt you--and we sleep like babies. You still wake up if you need to, but we haven't had any problem going right back to sleep.

Benadryl was originally a sleeping pill way back when it was invented but because it was so good of a med for other stuff that comes along with an allergic reaction it has shifted over to a med for that. When I can't sleep I take a dose of NyQuil and shortly thereafter I'm sleeping like a baby!

Benadryl was originally a sleeping pill way back when it was invented but because it was so good of a med for other stuff that comes along with an allergic reaction it has shifted over to a med for that. When I can't sleep I take a dose of NyQuil and shortly thereafter I'm sleeping like a baby!

Yes, Nyquil can be good for that most especially if you need an antihistamine and decongestant.. It also has a high dose of acetaminophen though so it has to be factored in if you are taking Tylenol or the generic otherwise. And it has such high alcohol content (25% by volume) that those who should avoid alcohol for any reason shouldn't take it.

Morning everyone!

Mr. P's heart med is working.
As he gets better( just like always when he is really ill), he tries to get away with things.
He tried to sneak out of the house yesterday without his life vest on.
Oops! Caught him! :biggrin:
Made him put it on before he left.
At least he isn't trying to cheat on his diet, yet.:laugh:

Morning everyone!

As he gets better( just like always when he is really ill), he tries to get away with things.

You need a gps tracker on him and on the vest, so you know if he goes somewhere and the vest doesn't! :p

Two weeks from today I'll be on vacation. Guess I need to decide if I wear the black speedo or the red one!

The red one for sure. :)

fat-guy-by-pool.jpg

Morning everyone!

Yeah. They do forget sometimes though. I generally go to bed somewhat later than Hombre does, and I always check to be sure he has his CPAP on. He has moderate to severe sleep apnea that makes it actually a little dangerous for him to not use it. It does seem weird to wake him up to put on something so he can sleep better. :)

Two weeks from today I'll be on vacation. Guess I need to decide if I wear the black speedo or the red one!

The red one for sure. :)

fat-guy-by-pool.jpg

ROFL. Yes, there are some things you just can't unsee.

Anybody watch "America's Got Talent" Tuesday night? There was one magician who called Howie Mendel up on stage to check his ears to be sure he didn't have any kind of listening device. And then he stepped behind a screen and stripped off his clothes so that he was butt naked but in full view of Howie who was to verify he had nothing on his body that would hide what he was doing with the magic trick.

Howie was not thrilled. :)

He did it deliberately, he did not forget it. :)

He was sneaking out being very quiet while I was busy in the kitchen.
Caught him walking halfway down the front porch and said where's your vest, he turned a bright red with the look of busted written all over it. :lmao:

Last edited:

Caught him walking halfway down the front porch and said where's your vest, he turned a bright red with the look of busted written all over it. :lmao:

Well at least he put it on. Some folks are more resistant than others. :)

Well at least he put it on. Some folks are more resistant than others. :)

He says he has seen the wrath of Mrs. Peach 2 times in the 34 years we've been together, he doesn't want to ever see a Third. :biggrin:

Ran a bunch of errands today including a trip to the New Balance store off of Jaun Tabo. Was looking for a new pair of men's slips but all they had in New Balance were D width and no builtin supination correction however they also own/partner with Dunham and the clerk came out with a pair of Dunham sandals, the back strap is removable and they correct for supination........ Instant sale but I won't mention how much the damn things set me back............. :ack-1:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back