USMB Coffee Shop IV

Benadryl was originally a sleeping pill way back when it was invented but because it was so good of a med for other stuff that comes along with an allergic reaction it has shifted over to a med for that. When I can't sleep I take a dose of NyQuil and shortly thereafter I'm sleeping like a baby!
Try a fifth of vodka instead.......... :eusa_whistle:

I'm cooking a buffalo chuck roast ,made with apple cider juice, onions, garlic, spices, potatoes and carrots in the crock pot.
It's starting to smell so good.
Mmmmmm........ :)

I'm cooking a buffalo chuck roast ,made with apple cider juice, onions, garlic, spices, potatoes and carrots in the crock pot.
Two days ago I made a pork loin roast with an apple mustard glaze.

That sounds so good!
Pork is off our household list. :(
Why? Pork these days have extremely little fat especially in the high quality cuts. Pork tenderloin is lower in fat than a skinless chicken breast.

Lumpy 1 and any others who can't sleep:

For you insomniacs, We have finally found an OTC sleep aid that really works for us. It is two extra strength (500 mg each) acetaminophen (brand name Tylenol) plus 25 mg diphenhydramine (brand name Benadryl.). Albertson/Safeway store brand is labeled Pain Relief PM. I think the brand name is simply Extra Strength Tylenol PM.

Both Hombre and I take two of these at bedtime--we don't take any other Tylenol product during the day as you have to be very careful of overdose with Tylenol. We add 1 220mg naproxen--eat a little something with it as nsaids can otherwise hurt you--and we sleep like babies. You still wake up if you need to, but we haven't had any problem going right back to sleep.

I generally sleep pretty well, I'm knocked out if I take a cold pill or a single benadryl.. I've just given in to being a night owl mostly. Just having to take heart medications bugs me enough, I rarely take much extra. .. and thanks..

That sounds so good!
Why? Pork these days have extremely little fat especially in the high quality cuts. Pork tenderloin is lower in fat than a skinless chicken breast.

Too high in sodium, cholesterol & fat.

That sounds so good!

Only if you cook it in sodium, cholesterol and fat or are you thinking bacon. :dunno:

For you insomniacs, We have finally found an OTC sleep aid that really works for us. It is two extra strength (500 mg each) acetaminophen (brand name Tylenol) plus 25 mg diphenhydramine (brand name Benadryl.). Albertson/Safeway store brand is labeled Pain Relief PM. I think the brand name is simply Extra Strength Tylenol PM.

Both Hombre and I take two of these at bedtime--we don't take any other Tylenol product during the day as you have to be very careful of overdose with Tylenol. We add 1 220mg naproxen--eat a little something with it as nsaids can otherwise hurt you--and we sleep like babies. You still wake up if you need to, but we haven't had any problem going right back to sleep.

I generally sleep pretty well, I'm knocked out if I take a cold pill or a single benadryl.. I've just given in to being a night owl mostly. Just having to take heart medications bugs me enough, I rarely take much extra. .. and thanks..

Mr. P is having a hard time sleeping with that life vest defibrillator and battery he has to wear all the time.
He's doing good if he gets 4 Hrs.
Last night was better , he got 5.
He wants to get rid of it soooo...... bad. I don't blame him.

That sounds so good!

Only if you cook it in sodium, cholesterol and fat or are you thinking bacon. :dunno:

Docs orders.
No Beef, Pork or Turkey.

That sounds so good!

Docs orders.
No Beef, Pork or Turkey.
I figured that but I strongly believe the doc is following "ancient" practices, it's not uncommon for Docs to not always be up to date or discount nutritional evidence due to confirmation and or preference bias. They're just as human as you and I. Ya might want to get a second, third and forth opinion.

Mr. P is having a hard time sleeping with that life vest defibrillator and battery he has to wear all the time.

I'm sorry Peach and I didn't know what was going on with you and your man. Since I've retired, I tend to sleep when I'm tired and get things done when I feel like it or have to. Maybe set hours of sleep are impractical, 3 hrs. here .. a couple there, some in bed, some of the couch, I don't know but it works for me.

. I do know you have to exercise (go on walks, putter in the garden, accomplish deeds etc.) and it's difficult for a guy to accept the limitations ego wise, you have to push the limits and hope for the best. If he feels like a man in your eyes he'll be a happy and fortunate guy, I'm thinking he does.

Lawyer called today. Terse letter citing both law violations being sent Friday with proper dollar amounts to remit in two weeks included. Basically a complete victory on all counts. Round two in the works. Iz patient cat.

That sounds so good!

You're right:
http://www.americanberkshire.com/Consumers/News and Info/Pork compared to Chicken.pdf

Huge difference between chicken white and dark meat too.

That sounds so good!

You're right:
http://www.americanberkshire.com/Consumers/News and Info/Pork compared to Chicken.pdf

Huge difference between chicken white and dark meat too.

Yep.
Hubby gets skinless chicken breast.

Wow the buffalo roast turned out really delicious tonight. :)

Most of his diet has to be 2,200mg of salt a day as well as low fat, low cholesterol and
High in protein, low in calories to get his weight down.
More on the side of low salt, low cholesterol & calories.
When breakfast, lunch & dinner is all added up, the salt adds up quickly.

Bison nutrition
Bison Meat Nutrition Facts | Buffalo Hills Bison

That sounds so good!

Docs orders.
No Beef, Pork or Turkey.
I figured that but I strongly believe the doc is following "ancient" practices, it's not uncommon for Docs to not always be up to date or discount nutritional evidence due to confirmation and or preference bias. They're just as human as you and I. Ya might want to get a second, third and forth opinion.

Not when all of his different Docs are agreeing with him.
His general practitioner, his neurologist, his 2nd heart doctor.
All say buffalo is the best out of all the meats. Low in the bad type of fat, high in protein.

I'm sorry Peach and I didn't know what was going on with you and your man. Since I've retired, I tend to sleep when I'm tired and get things done when I feel like it or have to. Maybe set hours of sleep are impractical, 3 hrs. here .. a couple there, some in bed, some of the couch, I don't know but it works for me.

. I do know you have to exercise (go on walks, putter in the garden, accomplish deeds etc.) and it's difficult for a guy to accept the limitations ego wise, you have to push the limits and hope for the best. If he feels like a man in your eyes he'll be a happy and fortunate guy, I'm thinking he does.

Oh believe me Lumpy he is most definitely all man.
All big barreled chest 6ft. of him. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back