USMB Coffee Shop IV

Huge t-storm right over the top of us right now, lightning flashes followed immediately by thunder........ I think I'll go stand under a tree and see if what they say about lightning striking is true.......... Not!!!
It's also raining buckets which means flash flooding in low lying areas.

Well cover me in Karo syrup and call me sweetie, I just received my MENSA email. They will gladly accept my membership dues and let me in. I needed a 98 percentile to get in and was fortunate to earn a 99. I feel the same, although I may buy a lottery ticket. :lol:

Congratulations. We all knew you were smart. Don't tell the post office people though or they might not hire you because you're over qualified. :)

Well cover me in Karo syrup and call me sweetie, I just received my MENSA email. They will gladly accept my membership dues and let me in. I needed a 98 percentile to get in and was fortunate to earn a 99. I feel the same, although I may buy a lottery ticket. :lol:

Congratulations. We all knew you were smart. Don't tell the post office people though or they might not hire you because you're over qualified. :)

Well there are not a whole lot of practical applications for a high IQ. It really is not a determiner of success, motivation and specific knowledge of any type. Actually it usually manifests itself in incorrect use of words like then and than or your and you're. I plan on leaning more on the farmer's tan than the IQ with the post office.

The whole IQ thing is moot anyways. I smooched my big toe today, so there is obvious brain damage.

What is "110 lbs?" :dunno:

Peach, not sure if that includes the pit,
Just a little more than a bite........ :eusa_whistle:

Yeah just a little bite with a black belt. :)
Most of my belts are brown........

I made black ,but never went past the Shodan level though.
There was no real need for me to go deeper.
After 10 years of lessons I was pretty happy.

Unless your talking about regular ole pants belts. :poke: :lol:

Peach, not sure if that includes the pit,
Just a little more than a bite........ :eusa_whistle:

Yeah just a little bite with a black belt. :)
Most of my belts are brown........

I made black ,but never went past the Shodan level though.
There was no real need for me to go deeper.
After 10 years of lessons I was pretty happy.

Unless your talking about regular ole pants belts. :poke: :lol:
The latter......... :D

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Kat & Mr. Kat in transition,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana!!!! (Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant.)
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Sherry and daughter and family,
Hossfly's knee surgery,
ricechickie for wellness,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, SFC Ollie, AgainSheila, gracie, and all others we hope will return.

Sunset over our Sandia Mountains - they can be spectacular during the monsoon
de548174238423dbe13d8847171d6d0d.jpg

My phone ate a voice message on Friday and it mysteriously appeared on the phone this morning. It is the state following up on my complaint against my old boss. My contact is at a meeting, so more to come today.

Yep, Foxy, we are back from Hawaii. Had a wonderful time. Did lots of fun stuff. Spent a lot of money! Saw things I've never seen before. Took a swim on the famous Waikiki Beach!!! Now for the bad news... I must be the most unlucky person in the whole world!!! Plane got to O'Hare Airport at 0500 as planned, took the bus to Rockford and picked up the truck from the parking lot and drove home. Wasn't feeling too well. Got home at about 0830 on Wednesday morning. Well, at 0300 on Thursday I woke up and found it very difficult to breathe. Went to the hospital emergency room to find out that somehow I had pneumonia!!! Who goes to Hawaii in July, when it's 85 dregrees with a nice mild breeze and comes home with pneumonia? I was admitted into the hospital and not let out until Friday afternoon. Feeling better now and nearly finished taking the antibiotics and steroids. It's the strangest thing I have ever heard of. Still a bit weak but feeling better everyday. It's an odd thing I tell you. Really really odd!

Mor'naan everyone.

OK, so it turns out I'm a bit of a prodigy when it comes to Algebra and all of its glorious operations.

However... Calculus is hard, and my grades in that class are consistently the Median score (86% GPA), in spite of my best efforts. The Calc-based Physics professor has agreed to tutor me and one other classmate for the remaining 3 weeks of this session.

On the positive side, I can now identify every derivative, logarithm, quadratic, and even give the equation for that symmetrical function wrt/ Origin now..... :cuckoo:

bcf.png

Forum List

Back